COVID-19

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Wolf rightly shutting the state down is being met with the expected moronic response on social media. Apparently, this is also the evil media's fault for reporting on things?

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:22 pm

add me to the list of WFH. my office is going to alternating days WFH. my days are Mon and Wed and the whole office is off on Fridays.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:23 pm

Wolf rightly shutting the state down is being met with the expected moronic response on social media. Apparently, this is also the evil media's fault for reporting on things?
And that's why you have to make these closures mandatory. People are stupid.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:27 pm

add me to the list of WFH. my office is going to alternating days WFH. my days are Mon and Wed and the whole office is off on Fridays.
I think that makes little sense. Not your call obviously, but if you are going WFH it should be every day. Not alternating days. That does nothing.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:28 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/health/c ... index.html
France's health ministry has suggested that popular anti-inflammatory painkillers such as ibuprofen could worsen the effects of the coronavirus, raising questions over which over-the-counter drugs people should be taking to treat the symptoms of the disease.
Health Minister Olivier Veran, who has also worked as a neurologist, tweeted on Saturday that "taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone...) could be an aggravating factor of the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol. If you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs or in doubt, ask your doctor for advice."

His suggestion was criticized by some health experts, who cited the lack of publicly available evidence suggesting a link between ibuprofen and adverse effects of the coronavirus.

Veran's recommendation came on the same day that the French government reported that "grave adverse effects" linked to the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) -- the family of drugs that includes ibuprofen -- have "been identified with patients affected by COVID-19, in potential or confirmed cases."

"We repeat that the treatment of a fever or of pain linked to COVID-19 or to any other respiratory viral disease should be paracetamol," the ministry's new guidelines added. Paracetamol is typically known in the US as acetaminophen.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Wolf, as reported, ordered a statewide shutdown that calls for all non-essential businesses in Pennsylvania to close, including non-essential stores, bars and restaurants, except for takeout offerings. It also includes day programs for senior citizens.

Drug stores and grocery stores are among the businesses deemed essential, and which will remain open. Gas stations also will remain open.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Idris Elba tests positive for Coronavirus.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:30 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/health/c ... index.html
France's health ministry has suggested that popular anti-inflammatory painkillers such as ibuprofen could worsen the effects of the coronavirus, raising questions over which over-the-counter drugs people should be taking to treat the symptoms of the disease.
Health Minister Olivier Veran, who has also worked as a neurologist, tweeted on Saturday that "taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone...) could be an aggravating factor of the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol. If you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs or in doubt, ask your doctor for advice."

His suggestion was criticized by some health experts, who cited the lack of publicly available evidence suggesting a link between ibuprofen and adverse effects of the coronavirus.

Veran's recommendation came on the same day that the French government reported that "grave adverse effects" linked to the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) -- the family of drugs that includes ibuprofen -- have "been identified with patients affected by COVID-19, in potential or confirmed cases."

"We repeat that the treatment of a fever or of pain linked to COVID-19 or to any other respiratory viral disease should be paracetamol," the ministry's new guidelines added. Paracetamol is typically known in the US as acetaminophen.
My wife was talking about this yesterday. She was looking for tylenol but could not find any anywhere. She had been taking Ibruporfen for headaches recently.

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:31 pm

Bunch of thirsty women just dried up.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:31 pm

Source of the post My wife was talking about this yesterday. She was looking for tylenol but could not find any anywhere. She had been taking Ibruporfen for headaches recently.
That's what I normally take, as well. Oddly enough, the stores in my area all had Tylenol in stock, but no Ibuprofen.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:33 pm

So a celebrity with zero symptoms is able to get tested but everybody else struggles to get tested even with a fever and dry cough? Neat. I hope he has a quick and full recovery, but that's frustrating.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:36 pm

I think that makes little sense. Not your call obviously, but if you are going WFH it should be every day. Not alternating days. That does nothing.
it does limit exposure, just not as much as it should could. I think until the governor orders state government shut down this is how it will be. fortunately I work in a very small office of maybe a dozen people (much better than my brother who works at GDOT headquarters with several hundred) and not many come down to my side. we used to play cards at lunch but we've stopped that and I had to remove the bucket of candy that I keep at my desk.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:41 pm

I, for one, rate Idris Elba as the most attractive man on the planet.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:44 pm

Is that even debatable? Dude is a stud.

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:47 pm

Source of the post My wife was talking about this yesterday. She was looking for tylenol but could not find any anywhere. She had been taking Ibruporfen for headaches recently.
That's what I normally take, as well. Oddly enough, the stores in my area all had Tylenol in stock, but no Ibuprofen.

Rite Aid still had a bunch of Dayquil and Nyquil (both acetaminophen) so I grabbed a couple boxes after leaving work.

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:47 pm

Was stringer bell's temperature reading 40 degrees?

Kovyfalcon27

COVID-19

Postby Kovyfalcon27 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:59 pm

So Wolf is shutting the whole state down, but here I sit as a non-essential employee at at PA mental hospital, getting ready to take patients off their isolated wards to a common area so they can play bingo!! You’re a damn genius Wolf!!

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:00 pm

So Wolf is shutting the whole state down, but here I sit as a non-essential employee at at PA mental hospital, getting ready to take patients off their isolated wards to a common area so they can play bingo!! You’re a damn genius Wolf!!
Uhh... why are you taking patients to a common area to play bingo? And why is that Wolf's fault?

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Even if I were inclined to dispute this, I can't really think of a valid countervailing argument. But I'm not, so........ there.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:00 pm

How is that Wolf's fault? Sounds like your hospital needs to do better.

Kovyfalcon27

COVID-19

Postby Kovyfalcon27 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Because the hospital is a State run facility overseen by him???

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Because the hospital is a State run facility overseen by him???
You don't have people at the hospital making day to day decisions? Need the guy at the top of the chain to make all calls? Seems like a messed up place. You should find a better place to work.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Thanks Tom Wolf!

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Unless Wolf is your direct supervisor, you should probably redirect your frustration.

Kane

COVID-19

Postby Kane » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Are you sure you aren't a patient?