COVID-19

Tomas

COVID-19

Postby Tomas » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:06 pm

What’s the protocol if you’re vaccinated and someone in your house is positive? Are we still doing the isolate thing? If it’s omicron I’m guessing there’s no stopping the spread in the household.
AFAIK there is no change. So, vaccinated people (and full vaccination still = 2 doses) do not have to quarantine, but they should (not required) get a test after 5 days. At least that's what was just described to us in an email upon return to work.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:08 pm

What’s the protocol if you’re vaccinated and someone in your house is positive? Are we still doing the isolate thing? If it’s omicron I’m guessing there’s no stopping the spread in the household.
AFAIK there is no change. So, vaccinated people (and full vaccination still = 2 doses) do not have to quarantine, but they should (not required) get a test after 5 days. At least that's what was just described to us in an email upon return to work.
I mean within the household are people isolating? For example my friend and his son got Covid and he didn’t bother isolating from his wife and other kid. In fact him and his wife engaged in some activities to “speed up the infection process.”

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:36 pm

I'm going to a Pens game with my daughter in March. First in two years. Pretty excited.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:49 pm

She's doing well, had the chest stuff yesterday but it's already beginning to reside. And my symptoms are almost gone; I suspect we'll both be asymptomatic by Saturday.

Her boss called her today and said she can't come back without a negative test. CDC says the only test that works in that time frame (so close to infection) is an antigen test. The only place around here that does Rapid Antigen Tests are MedExpress (CVS; no. Walgreens; no, have to go to Winchester, VA, Rite Aid, website doesn't say and they don't answer phones) and they told her they won't test her because she 'can test positive any time for the next 90 days'.
So she's basically telling her boss she'll see him in 90 days.
Can't she just... not divulge that she previously tested positive?

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:58 pm

Have they abandoned the drive-throughs that do rapid PCR tests where you live?
I may be reading the CDC guidance too literally but the only test that works for people that recently tested positive but are no longer symptomatic is the antigen test. I assume the PCR test would come back as positive.
Ending isolation for people who had COVID-19 and had symptoms
If you had COVID-19 and had symptoms, isolate for at least 5 days. To calculate your 5-day isolation period, day 0 is your first day of symptoms. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed. You can leave isolation after 5 full days.

You can end isolation after 5 full days if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved (Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation​).
You should continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others at home and in public for 5 additional days (day 6 through day 10) after the end of your 5-day isolation period. If you are unable to wear a mask when around others, you should continue to isolate for a full 10 days. Avoid people who are immunocompromised or at high risk for severe disease, and nursing homes and other high-risk settings, until after at least 10 days.
If you continue to have fever or your other symptoms have not improved after 5 days of isolation, you should wait to end your isolation until you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved. Continue to wear a well-fitting mask. Contact your healthcare provider if you have questions.
Do not travel during your 5-day isolation period. After you end isolation, avoid travel until a full 10 days after your first day of symptoms. If you must travel on days 6-10, wear a well-fitting mask when you are around others for the entire duration of travel. If you are unable to wear a mask, you should not travel during the 10 days.
Do not go to places where you are unable to wear a mask, such as restaurants and some gyms, and avoid eating around others at home and at work until a full 10 days after your first day of symptoms.
If an individual has access to a test and wants to test, the best approach is to use an antigen test towards the end of the 5-day isolation period. Collect the test sample only if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved (loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation). If your test result is positive, you should continue to isolate until day 10. If your test result is negative, you can end isolation, but continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others at home and in public until day 10. Follow additional recommendations for masking and restricting travel as described above.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ation.html
Walgreens has the PCR test locally, I think that is their Rapid Ready test or whatever they're calling it.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:33 pm

There’s been about 3-4 people I went to high school that all have either recently lost their parents; or they just got intubated after the holidays here.

Facebook has been relatively rough, but I wonder how many were actually vaccinated.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:54 pm

Needless illnesses.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:56 pm

The Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas has announced that jury trials are stayed until January 31. Which means that Covid should have now relieved me from reporting for jury duty a second time (the first was in 2020).

Tomas

COVID-19

Postby Tomas » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:59 pm

The Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas has announced that jury trials are stayed until January 31. Which means that Covid should have now relieved me from reporting for jury duty a second time (the first was in 2020).
Probably not the right forum, but - what is the likelihood that a US citizen will be called for jury duty in his/her lifetime? (I really do not want to serve, but since you have been asked twice already....)

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:05 pm

Got an email from HR that we are sticking to the return to office plan next week. Smart.

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:20 am

Probably not the right forum, but - what is the likelihood that a US citizen will be called for jury duty in his/her lifetime? (I really do not want to serve, but since you have been asked twice already....)
While living in Allegheny County I was asked 5 times over about 14 years. Had to go twice (never selected), was in the Navy for one, and the other two were cancelled the day before reporting.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

COVID-19

Postby LITT » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:33 am

I’ve been called 4 times, once for a grand jury that I was not selected for thank god

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:35 am

There’s been about 3-4 people I went to high school that all have either recently lost their parents; or they just got intubated after the holidays here.

Facebook has been relatively rough, but I wonder how many were actually vaccinated.
My 48 year old neighbor two doors down has been in facilities since Thanksgiving. On a ventilator for two weeks, trach, and now in a long term rehab facility in Harrisburg.

My friend at church, who happens to work with him, told me he was freaking out about the vaccine mandates. I just feel awful for his family, my daughter watches their cats every time they go away.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:45 am

My kid woke up with a terrible cough. Sounds super dry and painful. She doesn’t have any other symptoms. No fever, no headache or body aches, no runny nose.

Will probably see if we can schedule a test for this afternoon. A part of me is hoping it is covid so we can just stop worrying about it.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:47 am

My kid woke up with a terrible cough. Sounds super dry and painful. She doesn’t have any other symptoms. No fever, no headache or body aches, no runny nose.

Will probably see if we can schedule a test for this afternoon. A part of me is hoping it is covid so we can just stop worrying about it.
I hear ya. At this point I'm just tired of the guessing game. Hope she feels better.

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:59 am

Both kids getting boosted this evening. Local CVS only had Moderna, so we had to go 45 minutes away to get Pfizer.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:05 am

Only? You mutant.

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:11 am

Bruv, I'm triple Modern vaxxed. Kids are only approved for Pfizer right now. I'd prefer they not get the hot dog water, but Sleepy Joe won't listen to me. :lol:

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

COVID-19

Postby LITT » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:14 am

Have they abandoned the drive-throughs that do rapid PCR tests where you live?
I may be reading the CDC guidance too literally but the only test that works for people that recently tested positive but are no longer symptomatic is the antigen test. I assume the PCR test would come back as positive.
Ending isolation for people who had COVID-19 and had symptoms
If you had COVID-19 and had symptoms, isolate for at least 5 days. To calculate your 5-day isolation period, day 0 is your first day of symptoms. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed. You can leave isolation after 5 full days.

You can end isolation after 5 full days if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved (Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation​).
You should continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others at home and in public for 5 additional days (day 6 through day 10) after the end of your 5-day isolation period. If you are unable to wear a mask when around others, you should continue to isolate for a full 10 days. Avoid people who are immunocompromised or at high risk for severe disease, and nursing homes and other high-risk settings, until after at least 10 days.
If you continue to have fever or your other symptoms have not improved after 5 days of isolation, you should wait to end your isolation until you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved. Continue to wear a well-fitting mask. Contact your healthcare provider if you have questions.
Do not travel during your 5-day isolation period. After you end isolation, avoid travel until a full 10 days after your first day of symptoms. If you must travel on days 6-10, wear a well-fitting mask when you are around others for the entire duration of travel. If you are unable to wear a mask, you should not travel during the 10 days.
Do not go to places where you are unable to wear a mask, such as restaurants and some gyms, and avoid eating around others at home and at work until a full 10 days after your first day of symptoms.
If an individual has access to a test and wants to test, the best approach is to use an antigen test towards the end of the 5-day isolation period. Collect the test sample only if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved (loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation). If your test result is positive, you should continue to isolate until day 10. If your test result is negative, you can end isolation, but continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others at home and in public until day 10. Follow additional recommendations for masking and restricting travel as described above.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ation.html
Walgreens has the PCR test locally, I think that is their Rapid Ready test or whatever they're calling it.
this is correct, especially with omicron. for most people on this board, the antigen test is the most accurate predictor being in a contagious covid window. the antigen test proves reliable for young and 'healthy' people

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:23 am

Trailer park princess I went to high school with appears to have bit the dust. Laundry list of previous health issues but unvaccinated. Lots of Facebook posts about the commie libtards interspersed with complaints about being denied permanent disability and how welfare, CHIP, SNAP, insert government social program here, etc don’t provide enough assistance to live the lifestyle she wants. Good riddance.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:26 am

this is correct, especially with omicron. for most people on this board, the antigen test is the most accurate predictor being in a contagious covid window. the antigen test proves reliable for young and 'healthy' people
Thanks! :thumb:

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 am

Trailer park princess
What does this mean? Hot girl that grew up in the trailer park?

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:38 am

Trailer park princess
Correct, though what appears to have been a constant diet of Burger King took its toll.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:19 am

This seems to go against all of the articles saying that Omicron will fizzle out by March.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:30 am

Trailer park princess
Correct, though what appears to have been a constant diet of Burger King took its toll.
Trailer park princess to me is a trashy girl that thinks she's very hot. Maybe used to be hot and has Signs of attractiveness but hasn't acknowledged the fact that her Miller lite gut protrudes when she wears those skin tight jeans.

High quantities of foundation and lip gloss. Overly straightened hair. Fresh white sneaks with a tongue flop. Loves to pop out her hip and do duckface in photos