Bills at Steelers Week 15 GDT

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:07 am

I would start Hodges and if he is on his way to another multiple INT game as they approach half i play Rudolph. Overall I think Duck has outplayed Rudolph by a relatively small margin, but they should play whoever is not currently imploding. The whole thing about confidence and wanting to go with one guy doesn’t really matter to me when both of them are nothing more than career backups/3rd stringers.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:16 am

I would start Hodges and if he is on his way to another multiple INT game as they approach half i play Rudolph. Overall I think Duck has outplayed Rudolph by a relatively small margin, but they should play whoever is not currently imploding. The whole thing about confidence and wanting to go with one guy doesn’t really matter to me when both of them are nothing more than career backups/3rd stringers.
The bolded is the key point.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:22 am

it shouldn't come to a shock that a rookie had a 4 interception night against a good defense.

the pros are that the he lead the team down the field twice late in the fourth quarter down a touchdown. the con is that he threw two picks. the pro is that he has shown more than a bit of resilience and mental fortitude during his short career so perhaps he will learn from this debacle.

the optimist would also point out that the bills have a defense that is good and it was probably the best one he has faced so far. so perhaps he will learn for it

or maybe he just sucks.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:25 am

It's too early to tell if Duck is good or not. Any rookie starting in his 4th game would have had issues with that defense last night.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:30 am

Also, the 4 interceptions, two of those were in the last 2 minutes and both were desperation throws.

The wide receivers are trash and they can’t run the ball. The whole play is weak, but let’s not pretend that the offensive problems are limited to the qb. They have an amazing defense, that is keeping them alive, but this offense is putrid outside of maybe like 2 good lineman.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:31 am

One of the two throws was forced because he didn't bother looking at the best WR on the field who was damn near wide open.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:10 am

They can run the ball though. They have three running backs who can run the ball. One of which may actually hold onto the ball through the tackle... The play calling was poor and relied far too heavily on a practice squad QB.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:55 am

One of the two throws was forced because he didn't bother looking at the best WR on the field who was damn near wide open.
Again, this is what rookies do. They see the first, maybe the second option and that's it. He also had 2.1 seconds to throw the ball.

Trying not to completely defend the guy, because his play was substandard even for his pedigree/experience. The interception on the out and the underthrown balls were atrocious.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:57 am

I'm more pissed that I stayed up to watch that ****.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:00 am

That second to last pick Duck didn't step into, he took a horrible sack on the last drive, he's not going to be the answer in the future.
Luckily, yinz don't have a first round pick so it's not like 1 and done in the playoffs will hurt much come draft day.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:02 am

Trying not to completely defend the guy, because his play was substandard even for his pedigree/experience. The interception on the out and the underthrown balls were atrocious.
After the game, listening to the post game with billy and tunch and they invested quite a bit of time defending duck (late in the game trying to make a play, green receivers, crappy protection, etc. etc. etc.). That being said, if an established qb in this town, say Kenneth shane pickett, had a similar game, the media and fans would be livid. I suppose that is why they call it the honeymoon phase.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:04 am

It's because he has a fun nickname.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:18 am

Duck missed a lot of basic throws last night; he was spraying the ball everywhere and it seemed like the rush really got in his head. You can kind of tell he doesn't have the arm to be a starter; when he really has to spin it to get it in there he needs space to really take a couple steps into the throw. He's at least willing to uncork it now and again, which makes him a better choice at the moment compared to Rudolph who has the Mark Malone statue thing going on.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 am

It's because he has a fun nickname.
Having the negative puns roll in on morning radio today was fun.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:09 am

It is time for y'all to recognize that 'Duck' is not a reference to superior vocal talents. Just acknowledge that you fell for the feel goods, and move on with your lives. The sooner you rip this band-aid off, the better you will be for it.

"You can kind of tell he doesn't have the arm," gtfo you don't say. They've been running a mix of wildcat and high school offense route concepts for a month, putting the ball in his hand 20 times a game, and the first time he has to stand and deliver he squats and shts himself. He was missing receivers by housing tracts last night, basic reads were not fulfilled. There are a lot more of these types of games in his future - I mean, to the extent there are a lot more games in his future at all - than there are standouts.

Rudy is not The Next One, by any means, but he's a guy who can carve out a 10+ year career in the NFL as a backup/long term starter, and win games (and to be clear, that's always been his ceiling imo). Hodges is a guy who is more likely to be embarking on a new career selling homeowners insurance by Valentine's Day.

What I was most bothered by with Rudy was the response to the Browns game. He laid an egg, and that much is impossible to deny; but to come out the next week and be just as terribad against the Bengals was really troubling. Granted, I've never had someone attempt to murder me during a sporting endeavor, so I do not know what kind of lingering hangover effect that has on preparation and such, but this is the Big Boy League, so you need to straighten up and fly right. He earned his bench time (the NFL season is too short to not ride the hot hand), but at this stage so has Duck. It was a fun few games, and I'm glad I got to be a part of it in person. But TYFYS Quakcy McNoodleArm, it's time for the grown ups who can ride all the roller coasters to play ball.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:16 am

It's Kaep time.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:18 am

They can run the ball though. They have three running backs who can run the ball. One of which may actually hold onto the ball through the tackle... The play calling was poor and relied far too heavily on a practice squad QB.

Just terrible coaching. On top of that nonsense, Diontae Johnson wasn’t on the field for the fourth down play on the second to last possession. Just moronic stuff.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:40 am

It is time for y'all to recognize that 'Duck' is not a reference to superior vocal talents. Just acknowledge that you fell for the feel goods, and move on with your lives. The sooner you rip this band-aid off, the better you will be for it.

"You can kind of tell he doesn't have the arm," gtfo you don't say. They've been running a mix of wildcat and high school offense route concepts for a month, putting the ball in his hand 20 times a game, and the first time he has to stand and deliver he squats and shts himself. He was missing receivers by housing tracts last night, basic reads were not fulfilled. There are a lot more of these types of games in his future - I mean, to the extent there are a lot more games in his future at all - than there are standouts.

Rudy is not The Next One, by any means, but he's a guy who can carve out a 10+ year career in the NFL as a backup/long term starter, and win games (and to be clear, that's always been his ceiling imo). Hodges is a guy who is more likely to be embarking on a new career selling homeowners insurance by Valentine's Day.

What I was most bothered by with Rudy was the response to the Browns game. He laid an egg, and that much is impossible to deny; but to come out the next week and be just as terribad against the Bengals was really troubling. Granted, I've never had someone attempt to murder me during a sporting endeavor, so I do not know what kind of lingering hangover effect that has on preparation and such, but this is the Big Boy League, so you need to straighten up and fly right. He earned his bench time (the NFL season is too short to not ride the hot hand), but at this stage so has Duck. It was a fun few games, and I'm glad I got to be a part of it in person. But TYFYS Quakcy McNoodleArm, it's time for the grown ups who can ride all the roller coasters to play ball.
The Doesn't know who Aaron Donald is Football Knower has logged on.

No one has fallen for anything, and the arguments you are having are inside your own head.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:41 pm

Just terrible coaching. On top of that nonsense, Diontae Johnson wasn’t on the field for the fourth down play on the second to last possession. Just moronic stuff.
Fichtner's only qualification to be OC is that Ben likes him. He sucks, sucks, SUCKS.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:53 pm

So does a guy who starts a GDT and then goes and watches wrestling instead of posting in said GDT.

:pop:

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:55 pm

No one has fallen for anything, and the arguments you are having are inside your own head.
Except for the yinzer I saw over the weekend in sienna mercato wearing Hodges jersey w/ the block numbers.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:59 pm

Yes, I just imagined half of Steelers Nation flagellating themselves with furry duck merch for the past three weeks.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:50 pm

I did almost buy a duck t shirt from Pat Mcafee show.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Except for the yinzer I saw over the weekend in sienna mercato wearing Hodges jersey w/ the block numbers.
So you're saying there's a chance it was Bubby Brister we watched last night, and not Duck?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Tif man. No one thinks Duck is any good. Just as Mason err Rudy isn't any good. One can actually get rid of the ball and the other takes sack after sack because he can't make a decision. Neither is a long term answer by any means but Duck is a little bit better, for this team, at this specific time. And that's about the end of it