Travel Thread

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:06 pm

Gotta say, it was stupid easy for me to get the interview setup. I used IdentoGO, which has a ton of locations, and had the pick of the litter.
interesting. not an option in ATL in 2014. you had to go to one of 2 US customs offices. one is AT the airport and one is about a mile away from the airport.
Going to ATL for this? lol, **** that. Yeah, I'm glad that we have so many options now.

shoeshine boy

Travel Thread

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed May 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Going to ATL for this? lol, **** that. Yeah, I'm glad that we have so many options now.
it wasn't so bad (I live in ATL) and the Customs office is in the non-secure part of the International Terminal. it was pretty stress free.

shafnutz05

Travel Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 25, 2022 5:15 pm

How long does it take to be approved for the TSA precheck? Have a flight to Orlando in July, and wondering if I am too late
the hard part is getting your interview. when I did mine, my original interview was something like 4 months away but I kept checking the schedule every day and within a week or two, one opened up MUCH earlier.
Gotta say, it was stupid easy for me to get the interview setup. I used IdentoGO, which has a ton of locations, and had the pick of the litter.
Same. That's also our go to for pre-employment fingerprinting.

DigitalGypsy66

Travel Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:10 am

Those of you who travel a lot - @Orlando Penguin or @RonnieFranchise, maybe some others: I sleep in two different places during the week, and have since late February. A couple of times a week, I wake up in a panic and not know where I am for a minute or so. Scary, and I get so discombobulated that I can't fall back asleep. Does this happen to anyone else?

I usually look for the smoke detector lights, which are in different locations in my bedrooms at home and the apartment I'm renting.

RonnieFranchise

Travel Thread

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:39 am

That's definitely happened to me. Not frequently but when we were doing training roadshows and might be in TX, CA, NY, elsewhere in PA.... all within the space of a few months, I'd wake up and have to think about where I even was.

I wouldn't say panic necessarily but I've definitely been confused.

Orlando Penguin

Travel Thread

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:41 am

Those of you who travel a lot - @Orlando Penguin or @RonnieFranchise, maybe some others: I sleep in two different places during the week, and have since late February. A couple of times a week, I wake up in a panic and not know where I am for a minute or so. Scary, and I get so discombobulated that I can't fall back asleep. Does this happen to anyone else?

I usually look for the smoke detector lights, which are in different locations in my bedrooms at home and the apartment I'm renting.
Have not had that issue...yet. I think because the vast majority of my trips are for a full week, it may not be as prevalent as if I was going from one city to another every couple of days. With the 3 1/2 week stretch I have coming up beginning tomorrow, my sense of 'where am I' will be tested pretty good.

willeyeam

Travel Thread

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:06 pm

Breezewood sucks so hard

dodint

Travel Thread

Postby dodint » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Breezewood sucks so hard
Tesla owners loitering at Sheetz?

willeyeam

Travel Thread

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:18 pm

Breezewood sucks so hard
Tesla owners loitering at Sheetz?
Actually. That was us. My bro drove. That sheetz was insanity

dodint

Travel Thread

Postby dodint » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:25 pm

I was in State College last weekend. Went in to get a drink and an MTO. A guy was walking around slowly, just meandering, constantly in the way. By the time I got in line and paid he wandered back out to go stand around his Tesla for another half hour or so.
I don't think that Sheetz has a seating area but I don't remember specifically. They need to come up with somewhere to put those people. Maybe a self-contained space with cushy seats, climate control, and an infotainment system. Not in the actual gas station building but nearby...

willeyeam

Travel Thread

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:49 pm

I was in State College last weekend. Went in to get a drink and an MTO. A guy was walking around slowly, just meandering, constantly in the way. By the time I got in line and paid he wandered back out to go stand around his Tesla for another half hour or so.
I don't think that Sheetz has a seating area but I don't remember specifically. They need to come up with somewhere to put those people. Maybe a self-contained space with cushy seats, climate control, and an infotainment system. Not in the actual gas station building but nearby...
Yeah we just chilled in the car once we got food and drinks. You're only supposed to stay fifteen minutes anyway in the spot

dodint

Travel Thread

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:24 pm

Gas prices are fine.

Anecdotal, but there is ZERO impact on driving behavior. I delivered a trailer I sold down to Raleigh, NC today. Driving back it was a continual conga line the entire way. I-81 was a 70mph parking lot. Rt. 30 was a train.

Cars, trucks, motorcycles, classic cars, RVs, you name it.

Prices are never coming down.

AuthorTony

Travel Thread

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:29 pm

Yep, my neighbor was whining about gas prices on FB and how it was "going to cost a fortune to drive to the Keys in July. Thanks, Brandon!" I unfollowed her.

robbiestoupe

Travel Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:30 pm

Gas prices are fine.

Anecdotal, but there is ZERO impact on driving behavior. I delivered a trailer I sold down to Raleigh, NC today. Driving back it was a continual conga line the entire way. I-81 was a 70mph parking lot. Rt. 30 was a train.

Cars, trucks, motorcycles, classic cars, RVs, you name it.

There are an extraordinary amount of people on vacation this week/next. My oldest son’s teacher played hooky the last week of school to go to Ireland. Half of my team was out of the office today on vacation. Heck, look at NTP pulling his daughter out of school a few days early so they could safely go on vacation

Let’s wait a few weeks to see if the traveling frenzy continues.

dodint

Travel Thread

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:37 pm

My vacation is the last week of June. ;)

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:50 pm

I’m just glad that I don’t drive much, because these gas prices are insane.

dodint

Travel Thread

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:52 pm

I set a new personal record with a $145.20 fill. And that was in WV where it is cheaper than here.

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:07 pm

My personal record was 2 weeks ago, but it was in the $60 range.

RonnieFranchise

Travel Thread

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:14 pm

I agree that gas prices aren't coming down but in case they do, this was a decent year to do a major remodel and not go anywhere. Not that it's not affecting the price of that, too.

shoeshine boy

Travel Thread

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:12 am

my sister re-posted a "open the pipeline Biden!"
I was going to say something but just decided to move on.....

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:53 am

I don't think I've ever been this nervous before a trip before, feeling sick to my stomach worrying about things with only a few days to go. Part of my worry was about possible bad weather impacting flights, so I risked it and looked at the forecast just now - clear, sunny, and warm. Hope it stays that way and we have no travel issues, because it's going to be bad enough spending 14 hours in total at the airport and in the air.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Travel Thread

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:07 am

Any tips for San Diego dinning and beer? One place that's certainly on the list is Pacific Beach for a visit to Oscars Mexican Seafood, but beyond that I'm open for suggestions.

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:17 am

We had a really good Italian meal in San Diego, but for the life of me I can't recall the name of the restaurant that we went to.

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:20 am

Found it: Filippi's Pizza Grotto Little Italy

https://realcheesepizza.com/little-italy/

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Travel Thread

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:32 am

Neat... Little Italy is a neighborhood that I've read about and would like to go visit one day as I didn't go there last time.