Travel Thread

shafnutz05

Travel Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:32 pm

No... Probably Brazilian though, amirite?

DigitalGypsy66

Travel Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:58 pm

The last time we went to Disney/Universal, it was quinceanera tour season....15 year old South American girls for days, all in color coordinated t-shirts and ponchos. It was a hoot. We didn’t stay in any of the hotels, but reviews say they get rowdy in the Disney properties. :lol:

Dickie Dunn

Travel Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 pm

No... Probably Brazilian though, amirite?
They’re all a bunch of lunatics. Brazilians have a very loose concern for public urination rules.

blackjack68

Travel Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Minorities in shaf's Happiest Place on Earth? k.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/C9DLVrhdKVI[/youtube]

blackjack68

Travel Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Never works from my phone.

dodint

Travel Thread

Postby dodint » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:46 pm

Because the links are truncated for mobile browsers. That said, it worked before they 'fixed' the board.

nocera

Travel Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:59 pm

The last time we went to Disney/Universal, it was quinceanera tour season....15 year old South American girls for days, all in color coordinated t-shirts and ponchos. It was a hoot. We didn’t stay in any of the hotels, but reviews say they get rowdy in the Disney properties. :lol:
The tour groups generally stick to the value resorts, and mostly the All Stars for whatever reason. Pony up for value or deluxe and you can avoid them.

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:49 am

Source of the post all in color coordinated t-shirts
This describes literally 95% of all Disney visitors.

shafnutz05

Travel Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:47 am

The tour groups generally stick to the value resorts, and mostly the All Stars for whatever reason. Pony up for value or deluxe and you can avoid them.
The first time we went we stayed at the Movies resort, second time Art of Animation. Thankfully our rooms were off the beaten path both times and we had no issues with noise. Honestly the worst part was the 15 minute round trip walk to get coffee in the morning :)

DigitalGypsy66

Travel Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:34 am

Yeah, this is true. Most of our "real life" friends that go to Disney get douchey t-shirts for each day they are there. WTF?

But what we saw were 10 groups 40-50 teenaged girls in brightly colored shirts/ponchos, all led by a dude with the same colored flag. It was interesting...

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:39 am

We went in October of 2017, and I'm pretty sure that I wore Pens gear every day. Came across a family wearing Nashville stuff who boo'd me, lol.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Travel Thread

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:47 am

NTP you seem like a guy that would do this, or put your family all in vests to say it was the vest day ever.

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:48 am

You're the only person on Earth who would think that.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Travel Thread

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:53 am

Maybe you just aren't invested enough

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:57 am

The only thing I do is make sure that my daughter is dressed appropriately, mainly for the weather. Outside of that, she can wear whatever she wants.

nocera

Travel Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:58 am

The first time we went we stayed at the Movies resort, second time Art of Animation. Thankfully our rooms were off the beaten path both times and we had no issues with noise. Honestly the worst part was the 15 minute round trip walk to get coffee in the morning :)
How was Art of Animation? I've been wanting to stay there. The nice part about Art of Animation and Pop Century is you get the value resort pricing but each resort has its own bus line. We stayed at Sports the first time and hated it. It shares a bus system with Movies and Music so the rides to the park and back to the resort were ridiculously long. Plus, if you're at the end of the line for pickup, chances are you're either not getting a seat on the bus or have to wait for the next one.

My favorite moderate is Port Orleans Riverside. Love the theming and the boat ride to Disney Springs is great.

Only stayed at one deluxe, Animal Kingdom Lodge this past summer. It was amazing. To be able to go out on your balcony and look over a savannah with giraffes, zebras, etc. was insane. It's hard to justify the cost when you spend so little time at your resort but it was great for a treat yo self stay.

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:02 am

We stayed at Art of Animation in 2017 (Finding Nemo suite). The beds are small, but there was plenty of room for us when we wanted to wind down. The grounds are nice, but the food there is just okay. We walked over to Pop Century a few times to eat because their selection was better. Buses to and from each park was fine if you planned properly. I used a blog that described the best days to go to which park, and it worked out very well. Still wound up missing a bus here and there because of a handicapped person and their 20 family members all boarding before anyone else in line.

shafnutz05

Travel Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:06 pm

The only thing I do is make sure that my daughter is dressed appropriately, mainly for the weather. Outside of that, she can wear whatever she wants.
I know this thread is veering off topic, but a big trigger for me at Disney World was seeing parents that would let their young children run around all day in flip-flops or other shoes with poor support. If you want to not be able to walk when you get older that is your perogative, but put some fcking sneakers on your kid if they are going to be walking for miles each day.

shafnutz05

Travel Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:08 pm

How was Art of Animation? I've been wanting to stay there. The nice part about Art of Animation and Pop Century is you get the value resort pricing but each resort has its own bus line. We stayed at Sports the first time and hated it. It shares a bus system with Movies and Music so the rides to the park and back to the resort were ridiculously long. Plus, if you're at the end of the line for pickup, chances are you're either not getting a seat on the bus or have to wait for the next one.

My favorite moderate is Port Orleans Riverside. Love the theming and the boat ride to Disney Springs is great.

Only stayed at one deluxe, Animal Kingdom Lodge this past summer. It was amazing. To be able to go out on your balcony and look over a savannah with giraffes, zebras, etc. was insane. It's hard to justify the cost when you spend so little time at your resort but it was great for a treat yo self stay.
I really liked it. To your point we weren't there that much, but I really enjoyed our stay. TBH, I don't think we used the bus once. We are weird in that we prefer to drive our car to the park, especially since parking was included as a part of our package. I just didn't want to deal with the bus lines to and from.

I was not a fan of sports, for sure. But Animation had some really nice amenities. When our daughter is older we are definitely going to try out Animal Kingdom. I don't see myself staying at Contemporary or GF anytime soon.

Dickie Dunn

Travel Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:52 pm

First family trip to Disney World we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, which I remember being very nice. Second time was Animal Kingdom Lodge in the first or second year it was open. Loved AKL and would definitely stay there again, though I did always think it would be cool to stay in the Boardwalk Villas.

Looking at the cost of these places as an adult that will soon have kids is kinda pants-shitting inducing.

shafnutz05

Travel Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Looking at the cost of these places as an adult that will soon have kids is kinda pants-shitting inducing.
:lol:

It's obscene.

Dickie Dunn

Travel Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:32 pm

:lol:

It's obscene.
We went to Disney World a couple years ago and since there was like 10 of us we just rented a house close to the park. It saved us a decent bit of money and it was nice to be able to get away from the park crowds, but I did miss the ease and convenience of getting to the parks from Disney resorts. Once we have kids I think there's a certain "magic" to staying at the park that makes it worthwhile.

NTP66

Travel Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Source of the post Once we have kids I think there's a certain "magic" to staying at the park that makes it worthwhile.
:face:

Dickie Dunn

Travel Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:37 pm

Source of the post Once we have kids I think there's a certain "magic" to staying at the park that makes it worthwhile.
:face:

nocera

Travel Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:39 pm

I have no interest in going to WDW and not staying on property. Give me that Disney bubble.