Seahawks @ Steelers GDT Week 2 - 2019

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:14 am

how is it fake? i think its compeltley on brand. hes a young kid focused on football and has fun outside of that

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 am

I don't think I was saying it's life or death. I think it's more annoying that he's building his brand - and that's just me not liking the influence of social media in all of this. It's fake. It opens up the doors to be called fake, and have him have to answer dumb questions week in and week out.
It's fake? When you have a bad day at work...a day that isn't even exceptionally bad - just regular bad...on this kind of day, you would go out with your friends, head to the bar, and eventually you feel like you're starting to get cheered up, so you pull out your phone and decide to make a social media post. see...you can actually experience more than one emotion in a 24 hour span.

but you're saying that because of people he's never met before are overly upset about a football game, juju should pander to these people and pretend he feels different than he does? or he should not "build his brand" - despite this being linked to his overall earning potential? again - all because people take this too seriously? what a strange and extraordinary demand.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:21 am

He's maintaining his brand. Good for him.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:26 am

lol I'm not saying anything bothers me. The only annoyance I get from it is that there could come a time where it becomes a distraction for him based on how the team is performing. There's been more than one media person not named Mark Madden (I think it was Zeise) who has already started to question and bring this up as an issue as to why the team looks off offensively.

It's just a dumb thing we're going to have to hear given the recent struggles.

Ted

Postby Ted » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:27 am

I, for one, am stunned, STUNNED, that a multi-millionaire 20 year old manages to pull himself out of the depths of despair from a September afternoon loss to have fun the same evening.

Should give some hope for depressed Yinzers sitting in their cubes today....or cause anger. Probably the latter.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:28 am

Juju has been our best offensive player.. complainers gonna complain. If the big distraction is Juju posting some videos from what appeared to be some kind of youth/charity event then things could be a lot worse.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:29 am

There's been more than one media person not named Mark Madden (I think it was Zeise) who has already started to question and bring this up as an issue as to why the team looks off offensively.
could have something to do with losing one of the best WR's of a generation a year after losing the best RB in the league.

IMO

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:29 am

I don't think I was saying it's life or death. I think it's more annoying that he's building his brand - and that's just me not liking the influence of social media in all of this. It's fake. It opens up the doors to be called fake, and have him have to answer dumb questions week in and week out.
It's fake? When you have a bad day at work...a day that isn't even exceptionally bad - just regular bad...on this kind of day, you would go out with your friends, head to the bar, and eventually you feel like you're starting to get cheered up, so you pull out your phone and decide to make a social media post. see...you can actually experience more than one emotion in a 24 hour span.

but you're saying that because of people he's never met before are overly upset about a football game, juju should pander to these people and pretend he feels different than he does? or he should not "build his brand" - despite this being linked to his overall earning potential? again - all because people take this too seriously? what a strange and extraordinary demand.
I don't think my time, compares to his time, honestly.

I think given that his brand is incredibly important to him, and he's honestly been spectacular at building it, to that end, of course, people are going to question the legitimacy of his thoughts because they're left wondering what is and isn't genuine based on his personality and putting all of that online.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:31 am

I love JuJu, but it's week 2 and local media has already started to quasi-shape a narrative, and honestly, I hope that doesn't change the kid. I think he's great for the game.

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:58 am

lol I'm not saying anything bothers me. The only annoyance I get from it is that there could come a time where it becomes a distraction for him based on how the team is performing. There's been more than one media person not named Mark Madden (I think it was Zeise) who has already started to question and bring this up as an issue as to why the team looks off offensively.

It's just a dumb thing we're going to have to hear given the recent struggles.
Media people like Madden and Zeise, who have likely never played any sort of organized sports let alone professional ones, are poison and have no business having a mainstream voice. They give honest media (what’s left of it anyway) a black eye. Who gives a f what players do in their off time provided it’s legal. Juju is a breath of fresh air and who has helped thousands of kids already. What are idiots like Madden and Zeise using their platforms to help?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 am

I mean, you're not going to get a disagreement from me. As someone who likes to listen to sports-talk, it's just a tired and annoying scenario that's ultimately just started.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 am

Point Park University basketball legend Paul Zeise definitely played organized sports.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 am

The divide on Juju’s personal life has to be an age thing, no? Like everyone that is anti it is over, say, 45

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:20 am

I don't think it's strictly a boomer thing.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:22 am

I would think so, yea. There just aren't many younger people in relevant media (in Pittsburgh), so I think the old boys club will always exist until it doesn't.

Which actually brings up a question, who's actually the youngest on radio/tv....is it Benz?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:29 am

Juju on Instagram just partying his balls off tonight.
Shame him for having a life...

You cant post "woe is me I let everyone down" selfies and also be on stage at a concert an hour later.
I like JuJu, but agree with this. Fans take losses much harder than players, that's a fact, but don't pander to me about your shortcomings to get sympathy on social media then go out and do something like that.

That's all I'm saying. Nothing he's doing is bad or wrong. But we're going on 4 games now (back to NO) where he can't tweet out a highlight video so he does the sympathy posts. It's completely phony if he does that again this week after going live on stage right after the loss.

*No I don't think he's the reason the Steelers aren't winning
*Yes I know it doesn't affect my life so I shouldn't care
*I'm aware he hasn't done anything as bad as AB
*I'm aware of his age

I just think it's an increasingly annoying amount of non stop attention seeking.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:33 am

The divide on Juju’s personal life has to be an age thing, no? Like everyone that is anti it is over, say, 45
I'm over 45 and what Juju does with his personal life doesn't move the needle at all for me... for now. Dude wants to go a show hours after saying he let his teammates or fans down? So be it.

I didn't know there was an official mourning time after a loss where you can't socialize and interact with the outside world. Everyone is different. One person might be pissed about a loss for an hour after a game, while another might need to get away from friends, family, etc for the remainder of the night. Maybe his outlet after a game is to be distracted where he's not dwelling on that afternoon's game. You don't have to be all football, all the time.

Now if goes to a level where he seems distracted to the point where football is second on his list of priorities (looking your way, Le'veon), then my opinion might change.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 am

what are these sympathy posts being mentioned

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:47 am

Just so we're clear, this isn't being discussed anywhere else as far as I can tell. Even Reddit users don't give a **** and they're the first to dodint about everything.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:49 am

Just so we're clear, this isn't being discussed anywhere else as far as I can tell. Even Reddit users don't give a **** and they're the first to dodint about everything.
Oh Madden has been going on and on about it since yesterday on Twitter, on top of his defend Ben at all cost game.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am

Doesn’t matter anyways.

Announced Ben is out for the year.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:59 am

Hard to see this not being career threatening, 16 years wow.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Oh Madden has been going on and on about it since yesterday on Twitter, on top of his defend Ben at all cost game.

Gee I wonder why Madden won't let it drop.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Gee I wonder why Madden won't let it drop.
:lol: See following Madden on Twitter is your first problem...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Juju already has his prayers for Ben post up. What a tool