Pitt v. Penn State - GDT - Game 4 - September 14, 2019

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Damn. A fun afternoon and anyone who doesn't think so is a bad person. Shame the game is ending
Poured early, a lot of angst for the home fans, then turned into a beautiful afternoon for postgame tailgating.

It was, as always, fun seeing PSU and Pitt friends and family rolling together in packs and having a blast at the bars. Town was insane.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:27 pm

No excuse for Pitt and PSU not playing each other every year.
:thumb:
For what it’s worth, a guy who knows things tells me that the issue is holdouts on the UPS board who are loyal to paterno and view not playing the game as honoring his wishes. Barbour supposedly wants to make it happen and has a good relationship with Lyke.
The Paterno loyalists on the Board of Trustees have absolutely no power, so sounds like total bs. Jay Paterno, who is on the Board, has gone on record saying he wants the series to continue.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:32 pm

No excuse for Pitt and PSU not playing each other every year.
:thumb:
For what it’s worth, a guy who knows things tells me that the issue is holdouts on the UPS board who are loyal to paterno and view not playing the game as honoring his wishes. Barbour supposedly wants to make it happen and has a good relationship with Lyke.
The Paterno loyalists on the Board of Trustees have absolutely no power, so sounds like total bs. Jay Paterno, who is on the Board, has gone on record saying he wants the series to continue.
I have no idea the makeup of the UPS Board so it could be BS or Pitt guys building a narrative. This guy isn’t a moron or pure homer but who knows. If the B10 played 8 conf games I think UPS would play it every year.