Steelers @ Patriots GDT - Week 1

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 am

The bullshit I've received from friends and family about the Patriots win has been unreal. Keep in mind that I grew up in Massachusetts, so most of my extended family and friends are all Pats fans. Of course, no one gave a **** about them in the 80s when I lived there when they were mediocre or got they ass pounded by the Bears in the Superb Owl way back when.

Not a **** peep from any of them when the Steelers won last year, and I didn't chirp them AT ALL. Now my phone and Facebook are blowing up with these Canaans rubbing it in.

I don't even like NFL much, and have to defend this bullshit? Ugh.

I feel better writing this lol.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:11 am

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:38 am

The bullshit I've received from friends and family about the Patriots win has been unreal. Keep in mind that I grew up in Massachusetts, so most of my extended family and friends are all Pats fans. Of course, no one gave a **** about them in the 80s when I lived there when they were mediocre or got they ass pounded by the Bears in the Superb Owl way back when.

Not a **** peep from any of them when the Steelers won last year, and I didn't chirp them AT ALL. Now my phone and Facebook are blowing up with these Canaans rubbing it in.

I don't even like NFL much, and have to defend this bullshit? Ugh.

I feel better writing this lol.
I’d mention that I didn’t chirp at them after their loss to us last year, but since you are going to rub it in, Just mention that all their Super Bowls aren’t legit because they are cheaters.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:59 am

While I am not one to pile on to the "fire [coach]" crowd, this is one of those games that's just utterly galling on so many levels, but which has become par for the course. Based on how NFL scheduling works, they've known since like January that they'd be playing NE in NE this year, and they've known since I think March or April that this game was the season opener. You know this game was circled/underlined on the calendar. Hundreds of hours of preparation, to play this team. And they kick a field goal from the 1, and punt it on 4th-and-six inches.

This team played scared. And that's a top-down thing.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:04 pm

5th round pick for Dobbs.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:08 pm

Thanks Nick Foles.

When you draft a QB in the 4th round, a year later draft a QB in the 3rd round, and then another year later dump the first QB for a 5th round pick, maybe you should re-evaluate your draft philosophy.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 pm

In colbert defense, that should be the first pick in the fifth round...

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:23 pm

While I am not one to pile on to the "fire [coach]" crowd, this is one of those games that's just utterly galling on so many levels, but which has become par for the course. Based on how NFL scheduling works, they've known since like January that they'd be playing NE in NE this year, and they've known since I think March or April that this game was the season opener. You know this game was circled/underlined on the calendar. Hundreds of hours of preparation, to play this team. And they kick a field goal from the 1, and punt it on 4th-and-six inches.

This team played scared. And that's a top-down thing.
Amen, Brother Tif.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks Nick Foles.

When you draft a QB in the 4th round, a year later draft a QB in the 3rd round, and then another year later dump the first QB for a 5th round pick, maybe you should re-evaluate your draft philosophy.
You shut your mouth. Landry Jones is signed as the first QB for the new XFL. (Not who we’re talking about)