Non Political Current Events Thread

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Haha thanks...but, I mean, it's as simple as popping a Z-pack and blocking a number or two and you're good to go...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:41 pm

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Ted

Postby Ted » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 pm

That will swing the rust belt, I’m sure.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:36 pm

So much for “Non-Political.”

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:03 am

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:20 am

You think she really has a job in the information technology industry...I'd be surprised...

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:35 am

Did you just assume their gender?

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 am

Oh most definitely.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:49 am

Transgender at 9 years old. How shtty can your parents be to force their stupid social views onto their children? Like, it is totally normal for kids that age to be in stuff that is normally associated with the other gender. My daughter hates dolls but loves Transformers and sports. If I was one of these parents, I would have already told her that she is actually a boy and started the process of giving her testosterone treatments.

I'm excited to see the race to the bottom as to how early we can push mental illness onto our kids. I'm sure the days of celebrating a two year old that is "bravely transgender" are not that far off.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:55 am

I don't know that child's situation and won't pretend to, but if you're doing hormonal treatments on a very small child like that, that seems criminal. If they want to dress like a whatever and play with whatever and hang out with whomever, that's all fine by me...I don't know that we have enough information on what making chemical changes to an undeveloped person does to start going around doing that, regardless of what the parents/child feel that they want...that seems potentially dangerous, if nothing else...

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:02 am

Transgender at 9 years old. How shtty can your parents be to force their stupid social views onto their children? Like, it is totally normal for kids that age to be in stuff that is normally associated with the other gender. My daughter hates dolls but loves Transformers and sports. If I was one of these parents, I would have already told her that she is actually a boy and started the process of giving her testosterone treatments.

I'm excited to see the race to the bottom as to how early we can push mental illness onto our kids. I'm sure the days of celebrating a two year old that is "bravely transgender" are not that far off.
I'm glad your degrees in psychology are doing you well.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:05 am

There was a documentary, "The Nine Months that Made You," that talked about a town somewhere in the Dominican where kids are born with a testosterone abnormality. For example, a boy is born a boy with all the boy genes, but actually looks and identifies as a girl. The parents raise them as girls, but eventually by puberty, they grow out of it when testosterone levels pick up.

wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BCevedoce

I wonder if similar things happen here in the states.

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:42 am

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:13 am

I’m not sure how starting these puberty blocking treatments is ok. Seems like abuse in my mind.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:26 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/business ... index.html
It's only $4.99. But Costco's rotisserie chicken comes at a huge price

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Interesting article on a man who is very possibly innocent and still facing the death penalty in Texas.
https://www.facingsouth.org/2019/10/fig ... tion-texas

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:00 pm

:lol:

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:35 pm

I’m not sure how starting these puberty blocking treatments is ok. Seems like abuse in my mind.
From the parents’ perspective, it seemed like abuse to see their child’s happiness and mental health deteriorate on a daily basis. Like most things, this is far from a black and white issue.

Ted

Postby Ted » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Right. Unlike climate change, the science of chromosomes is not settled.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Right. And the science of the brain is completely settled.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:17 pm

How about we don’t give pre-pubescent children hormone therapy or blocking drugs and see what happens until after they go through puberty.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm

If a boy really believes he's a girl or vice versa, going through puberty has to be ridiculously traumatic. Puberty blocking is reversible so I suppose I don't see the harm in it until the child is old enough to make a "permanent" decision. Delaying puberty a few years, especially when kids develop so early, doesn't seem like an awful thing.

Says the guy who will never have kids.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:31 pm

How about we don’t give pre-pubescent children hormone therapy or blocking drugs and see what happens until after they go through puberty.
My gut reaction is to agree with you. However, I’ve seen a kid go through mental anguish (not over this, but something else) and it’s terribly difficult. There’s not much worse than seeing your child struggle with something that you haven’t experienced. These parents seem to have gone through a lot of steps and got a ton of information. It wasn’t, hey, I’m woke so you should have hormone therapy.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:51 pm

My gut reaction is to agree with you. However, I’ve seen a kid go through mental anguish (not over this, but something else) and it’s terribly difficult. There’s not much worse than seeing your child struggle with something that you haven’t experienced. These parents seem to have gone through a lot of steps and got a ton of information. It wasn’t, hey, I’m woke so you should have hormone therapy.
Yeah let’s give kids drugs that halt natural processes. Bring them to a psychiatrist while puberty is happening. I’d rather the kids go through that than possibly **** ing up their physical health forever.

I think it’s lunacy to think that pre-pubescent children should be getting physically altering drugs.