Non Political Current Events Thread

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:44 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was there getting food when the ambulance arrived to take him to the hospital. Everyone was having a laugh at his expense. :lol:

What I don't get from that video is why they went to the Wild Fork/Wawa shopping center half a mile away for comments from people.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:49 am

I guess there weren't enough weirdos at the mall and they knew they could find some at Wawa.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:51 am

Nah, that's my local mall, by far the best in the entire Philly area. If you want weirdos, go to Franklin Mills.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:35 pm

What a mess

https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/26/bam-marg ... irlfriend/

Warrant out for his arrest by PSP

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:28 pm

So **** sickening :(

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:57 pm

Just firing squad them. Easy peasy

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:37 pm

Stone them to death, obviously...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:52 pm

Thought crimes: 1
“””muh freedoms”””: 0

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:55 am

;) How many 5AFers have visited Embellish Hair Cuts in Burgettstown?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pa ... r-AA1arOKY
A Craiglist advertisement and a sudden uptick in male salon customers led Pennsylvania State Police to run a sting operation at a hair salon in Burgettstown on Wednesday, April 19, 2023, according to court documents obtained by Daily Voice.

Mom of two, 51-year-old Amy Zlobin's inmate details were being shared by "Johns" on an adult chatroom over 24 times on the website ECCIE.net— along with sexual services that she would offer and the phone number of her salon where she allegedly was selling men those services, state police vice squad troopers investigating the case detailed in the affidavit of probable cause.

Embellish Hair Cuts opened in 2020 in the home of the old Curves behind the Grab 'n Go Gas at 1100 Steubenville Pike, according to Zlobin's social media and public records.

Zlobin placed an ad on Craiglist and began offering sexual services to supposedly cover bills— including medical care for her sick daughter— in August 2022 after months of her business being slow, she later told police.

On April 18, 2023, troopers set up the sting by texting the number and Amy replied saying her "services" would be $130 for half an hour, so the following day at 2 p.m. Trooper Tyler Parkes went to the salon and gave Amy the money from Offical State Police funds. She responded by drawing the curtains, locking the door, and stripping down to a black spandex unitard, according to the affidavit.

That's when she negotiated the sexual offerings, asked him to get undressed, and hop up onto her massage table— but instead, Parkes pulled out his badge and welcomed two uniformed troopers into the salon. :lol:

She was charged with a misdemeanor offense for prostitution and read her rights, court records show.

She admitted to servicing a client sexually at 10 a.m. on April 19 and turned over the log book of her prostitution appointments— which included a list of clients who may also face charges, PSP explained.

Zlobin told the police her daughter does not know about her prostituting herself to cover her medical bills, and she thinks her mother has added new services to the salon, including massages.

Prior to the sexual services Zlobin posted on social media about plans to expand the salon and to open a hair salon sort of food truck, but it is unclear if either idea ever came to fruition.

State police have not shared how many men when in Zlobin's appointment book.

She has previously faced forgery and insurance fraud charges in connection with an incident in her hometown of Erie on Oct. 1, 2020, and on Oct. 27, 2022— after she began prostituting herself— she filed an application for Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition, according to her previous court dockets.

Her preliminary hearing for this case has been set before Magisterial District Judge Gary H. Havelka on June 22 at 10:30 a.m., court records show.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:01 am

"a sudden uptick in male salon customers"

PSP just hanging around salons monitoring traffic I guess.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:21 am

home of old curves behind a grab and go? hmmm

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:22 am

Craigslist is still a thing? Who knew?

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:25 am

Craigslist is still a thing? Who knew?
@mac5155

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:57 pm

Mom of two, 51-year-old Amy Zlobin's inmate details were being shared by "Johns" on an adult chatroom over 24 times on the website ECCIE.net— along with sexual services that she would offer and the phone number of her salon where she allegedly was selling men those services, state police vice squad troopers investigating the case detailed in the affidavit of probable cause.”

I look forward to learning more about these “inmate” details.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:13 pm

Great country we got here. Need to sell your body to cover medical bills

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue May 02, 2023 9:06 am

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/01/us/folly ... index.html

Sad. Just 5 hours after saying I do.

Drunk driver kills them doing 65 in a 25mph zone.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue May 02, 2023 9:11 am

Not excusing the driver at all, **** her.

But the "golf cart-like vehicle" scene down there is ridiculous and I'm surprised this kind of stuff doesn't happen more often.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 02, 2023 9:32 am

Not excusing the driver at all, **** her.

But the "golf cart-like vehicle" scene down there is ridiculous and I'm surprised this kind of stuff doesn't happen more often.
I can only speak to the Myrtle Beach area, but yeah, it's insane.

@DigitalGypsy66: Heard something about a trooper being shot at the HHI exit yesterday?

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 02, 2023 9:44 am

The little town we lived in - no where near the beach - had a terrible problem during the summer months with sub-16 year olds cruising around in golf carts at all hours. We have a ton of sheriff's deputies, city police, and state troopers that lived in our neighborhood - but they were all reluctant to say or do anything because they didn't want to piss of their fellow neighbors. Several years ago, one of these carts flipped over and one of the passengers was severely burned by battery acid. Bad enough she had to go the Augusta Burn Center via air ambulance.

Where I rented last year - Surfside Beach/Garden City - was awful with the golf carts all hours of the day and night. That and the Carolina Squat trucks (which will be outlawed here shortly). :lol:

@NTP66 hadn't heard that - but it looks like it was an officer involved shooting after a road rage incident near that exit on I-95. That whole part of I-95 makes me rage, so I'm not surprised something like this has happened. They are finally working on widening it, but it's going to take 10+ years to finish the 20 or so miles from the GA border to the HHI exits.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 02, 2023 9:45 am

That's the one I was referring to, yes. Glad to hear them finally widening it, even if it'll take forever.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 02, 2023 9:50 am

When we went to Disney last year, Waze sent us MILES around through some port facility at the SC/GA border because of the traffic at the state line on I-95. For a random day in February. It's beyond awful.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 02, 2023 10:11 am

The little town we lived in - no where near the beach - had a terrible problem during the summer months with sub-16 year olds cruising around in golf carts at all hours. We have a ton of sheriff's deputies, city police, and state troopers that lived in our neighborhood - but they were all reluctant to say or do anything because they didn't want to piss of their fellow neighbors. Several years ago, one of these carts flipped over and one of the passengers was severely burned by battery acid. Bad enough she had to go the Augusta Burn Center via air ambulance.

Where I rented last year - Surfside Beach/Garden City - was awful with the golf carts all hours of the day and night. That and the Carolina Squat trucks (which will be outlawed here shortly). :lol:

NTP66 hadn't heard that - but it looks like it was an officer involved shooting after a road rage incident near that exit on I-95. That whole part of I-95 makes me rage, so I'm not surprised something like this has happened. They are finally working on widening it, but it's going to take 10+ years to finish the 20 or so miles from the GA border to the HHI exits.
I had never heard of these:

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue May 02, 2023 12:30 pm

Re: Golf Carts
My neighborhood has a constant stream of them (illegally), and the next town over has legalized them for all non-highways.
I don't get it.

I understand the benefits in a beach setting (my sister actually has a 6 person that pulls a garden trailer filled with their beach setup). But just around town?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 02, 2023 12:34 pm

It's because other people have them. Have to keep up

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 02, 2023 12:55 pm

Was it like 10 years ago that those Polaris things became the it thing to have in exurban America? those always just seemed liked rugged golf carts to me. People just realized that and bought golf carts now instead?