Non Political Current Events Thread

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:47 pm

I've been following the story. The guy is such a disgusting pus-bag of a human being. But, since he's a Republican TRUMPER in Somerset, there are still a ton of people who think he's been set up. :face:
FIFY

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:51 pm

How is a DA in Somerset making that much to begin with?

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:56 pm

I was blown away when I learned how much he was being paid. About 85K more than I would have guessed.

Edit: From what I recall, the state sets the salaries and pays a portion. I think the DA in Bedford makes even more.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:00 pm

I was blown away when I learned how much he was being paid. About 85K more than I would have guessed.

Edit: From what I recall, the state sets the salaries and pays a portion. I think the DA in Bedford makes even more.
https://www.tribdem.com/news/local_news ... 9d3f2.html

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:26 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no-su ... d5b03032b8
There were no survivors after a Black Hawk helicopter crashed Wednesday afternoon near Huntsville, Alabama, officials said. The helicopter belonged to the Tennessee National Guard and was on a routine training mission, the National Guard Bureau confirmed to CBS News.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:57 am

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:35 am

Came upon this on our way home from the city on Friday night. Haven’t really gotten it out of my head since. It looked absolutely brutal. We were going westbound and the wreck was in the eastbound lanes, but I just keep thinking, by the grace of God or luck or whatever.

You can’t drink and drive. Guy’s gonna have to live with this the rest of his sorry ass life, some of which will be in prison. **** him.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/total-s ... _n3sk3Owv0

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:34 am

In local "**** around and find out" news,

As their American Airlines flight was taxiing in El Paso, headed to Chicago, passengers on the plane were airdropped a message that read: “I have a bomb. Would like to share a photo.”

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:36 am

What a dope.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:01 am

A real penalty would have been to be forced to use AA exclusively.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:25 am

Probably had no idea there's a severe penalty for that.

He's gonna find out.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:02 am

idiot. I feel a good punishment is to allow every passenger who wants to, to line up and punch him in the wiener.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:12 pm

And if it was like my Catholic high school, they'll probably suspend him regardless of criminal charges. I had friends stop their car on a busy bridge in Charleston and do a Chinese fire drill, in school uniform. An alumni, stuck in traffic, narced them out to the headmaster. All four of them were kicked out.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:56 pm

@shafnutz05 @tifosi77
Prostitution charges were filed against a woman after police say she was looking to charge a man $200 an hour for sex at the Rodeway Inn in Altoona.

Logan Township Police were called Monday night by a man claiming that 25-year-old Cortnie Figueroa, of Johnstown, had stolen a gun from him and had warrants out of Cambria County and she was currently in a room at the Rodeway Inn.

According to the criminal complaint, the man told police he used a site called “Skip the Games Altoona, Pennsylvania” :lol: to set up a fake account and message Figueroa about meeting up for sex to get her location.

Police report that they arrived at the motel where they found Figueroa, who tried using her sister’s name as her own. She allegedly admitted to smoking crack after giving police consent to search the room. Officers noted that they found a small amount of marijuana, a glass smoking pipe, three edibles, two capped needles, and a small baggie with white residue in the trash.

Through the investigation, police discovered that Figueroa was using the “Skip the Games Altoona, Pennsylvania” site to charge for discreet sex up to $200 an hour. She allegedly told police she didn’t make much money in Johnstown because “it’s Johnstown.”

Figueroa was placed under arrest and another blue baggie with a white powder was found on her body. Police said in the complaint that she said it was cocaine and it was hers.

Figueroa is now facing charges of promoting prostitution, providing a false name to law enforcement, and lesser drug charges. She was placed in Blair County Prison with bail set at 10% of $25,000.
https://www.wtaj.com/news/local-news/wo ... ona-motel/

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:04 pm

That's a whole lot of nose. Maybe from the blow?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:23 pm

She's not wrong, but......... it is also Altoona. So....... you know..... I guess it's a trade-off of sorts.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:29 pm

Outside of health care, what industries exist in Altoona and J Town?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:25 am

I'm just glad it wasn't a classmate :lol: or maybe a little disappointed

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:34 am

Outside of health care, what industries exist in Altoona and J Town?
Sheetz?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:28 pm

That's a whole lot of nose. Maybe from the blow?
Artie Lange finds it attractive

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:57 pm

:thumb:

Pennsylvania Chick-Fil-A bans diners under 16 years old
A Chick-Fil-A in Royersford, PA has made a new rule concerning diners under 16-years-old.

After a series of unruly behaviors, the restaurant has decided to ban kids under 16-years-old from dining in without an accompanying adult.

The restaurant posted a statement to Facebook on Wednesday, explaining their decision. “We contemplated long and hard before posting this, but decided it was time.”

The restaurant explained that they’ve noticed a patten occur when unaccompanied children and teens would visit:

Volume:
They are loud, and their conversation often contains a lot of explicit language. We are a family friendly restaurant where this is not tolerated.

Mistreatment of property:
Food and trash are often thrown around and left on the tables, chairs, and on the floor. Tables and restrooms are vandalized. Decorations are stolen.

Disrespect of employees:
Employees are laughed at, made fun of and treated rudely. Employees are cursed at and ignored when they ask the children and teens to either change their behavior or leave.
Unsafe behaviors also occur walking through the parking lot and drive thru lanes.

The restaurant continued by saying, “To those unaccompanied children and teens that have visited us and acted appropriately, we thank you. But we also apologize. Due to the numerous extreme behaviors of many of your peers, we must make a blanket rule covering anyone under the age of 16.”

The new rule will apply to all people under the age of 16-years-old. The restaurant also stated that those who do not have an accompanying adult may go into the restaurant to order food but must take it to go.

They also stated that they are not blaming the parents, and that this rule will help children and teens to learn and navigate the world free of supervision.

“We simply can’t let them push those boundaries anymore at our restaurant. We encourage you to talk to your children and ask about behaviors they have seen and perhaps participated in.”

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:27 pm

:thumb:

Go the the King rowdy teens.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:24 pm

The one and only time I've ever been to a CFA there was a group of high school teens in front of me. Almost as soon as I stepped in the door, one of them straight up passed out on his feet and collapsed. It had apparently happened at least one time immediately prior to my arrival, because EMS practically followed me through the door responding to a call that had already been made.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:52 pm

Man, Royersford is pretty far out in the burbs but still sketchy areas. The youth are out of control. Center City/Old City/Rittenhouse, which were pretty damn safe during the day a decade ago, have had a noted increase in crime largely driven by children not old enough to drive a car.

Which doesn't stop some of them from carjacking people.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:47 am

Apparently Bedford was on fire last night.