Star Wars discussion (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:33 pm

California, man

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:43 pm

BTW, watching Red Letter Media's review of The Mandalorian and Rich Evans states that the things he doesn't like about Star Wars are the Force, Jedis, lightsabers, and "space magic." WTF? That's literally Star Wars. Just say you don't like any Star Wars.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:52 pm

I get what he's saying. I mean, I really like hockey, but I could do without the ice, the skating, and the puck.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:52 pm

I watched that as well. They might be the only people on Earth who didn't like Rogue One. I get their points about it though.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:53 pm

I just watched Chef recently, and the main thing I didn't like about it was the food magic/cooking stuff. Yuck.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:57 pm

I watched that as well. They might be the only people on Earth who didn't like Rogue One. I get their points about it though.
The Plinkett prequel reviews put them on the map and are still their most popular videos by far. I get that negativity gets more hits and their fans expect it. It gets old real quick.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:16 pm

I just watched Chef recently, and the main thing I didn't like about it was the food magic/cooking stuff. Yuck.

I know that it is not the one that you are referring to, but... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108723/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_18

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:33 pm

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:20 pm

While rightfully admitting that the RLM prequel reviews are fantastic, in-depth, and informative, in both their criticism of three terrible movies and shared knowledge of the filmmaking process (especially if you skip through their attempts at adding humor), RLM has become truly awful and not only because they essentially served as the catalyst for **** like Honest Trailers and Everything Wrong With, which has resulted in people taking more joy in finding reasons to hate EVERYTHING. Rich Evans is somehow the worst of the main crew, which is impressive given that its a trio of three hacks with weird interests (extremely weird in Jay's case) and failed filmmaking careers who decided to criticize successful filmmakers instead of finding something they were actually good at.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Not that I've ever expended an ounce of energy in learning about them, but what's their origin story? What's their foundation of credibility? Why should I take their criticism seriously absent the zany kidnapping humor?

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:04 pm

They used to be a standard production company which produced shitty low budget shorts and some features including "Oranges: Revenge of the Eggplant."
They hit it big with the Phantom Menace review so they stuck with that format for a while. Now, like a lot of other YouTubers, they do mostly unscripted review-type shows. They typically **** on everything. Oh and they do a semi-scripted "Nerd Crew" show where they **** on pop culture podcasts.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:49 pm

The Best of the Worst show they do and the serious Re:view show are great.

If you don't like irreverent fun then you wouldn't like them.

The Nerd Crew stuff is funny, especially because it makes fun of the superserious Collider people.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Postby Spangler » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:58 pm

While rightfully admitting that the RLM prequel reviews are fantastic, in-depth, and informative, in both their criticism of three terrible movies and shared knowledge of the filmmaking process (especially if you skip through their attempts at adding humor), RLM has become truly awful and not only because they essentially served as the catalyst for **** like Honest Trailers and Everything Wrong With, which has resulted in people taking more joy in finding reasons to hate EVERYTHING. Rich Evans is somehow the worst of the main crew, which is impressive given that its a trio of three hacks with weird interests (extremely weird in Jay's case) and failed filmmaking careers who decided to criticize successful filmmakers instead of finding something they were actually good at.
Umm, I believe the correct term is 'hack-frauds'.

I don't get their Rogue One review at all. Basically criticized it for having Star Wars elements in it. ??????

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm

Umm, I believe the correct term is 'hack-frauds'.

I don't get their Rogue One review at all. Basically criticized it for having Star Wars elements in it. ??????
As soon as they criticized it for having blue milk in it I knew I was going to be in for a nonsense experience and have barely watched their videos since.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:11 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:46 pm

Same here, Rogue One closed me out on RLM. I think I've watched maybe two videos since then, and I honestly don't even remember what they were.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:48 pm

:lol:

This is a musical version of a Twisted Toonz table read.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:53 pm

BTW, watching Red Letter Media's review of The Mandalorian and Rich Evans states that the things he doesn't like about Star Wars are the Force, Jedis, lightsabers, and "space magic." WTF? That's literally Star Wars. Just say you don't like any Star Wars.
Maybe he likes the part when Luke and Leia kiss

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:55 pm

Finished the Mandalorian earlier... That was fun. Really enjoyed the finale.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:27 am

The only part of Rogue One that sticks out to me as dumb fan service is when they just so happen to run into the death sentence and butt mouth guy on Jedha. There was no reason for that.

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:11 am

The only part of Rogue One that sticks out to me as dumb fan service is when they just so happen to run into the death sentence and butt mouth guy on Jedha. There was no reason for that.

Butt mouth guy?

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:15 am

Ponda Baba.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:44 pm

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:54 pm

The removable dick is a nice touch.

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:02 pm

Utini!