Star Wars discussion (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Rebels returned this week with two more episodes...only a handful of episodes left.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Both of those new episodes were pretty good, imo.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:33 am

I finally got caught up with Rebels (didn't see the last 2 episodes that aired last night) and it's so good.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:13 pm

I keep seeing mentions like this and it's getting tough to avoid spoilers for the last 2 episodes. must watch tonight

Any Star Wars fan not watching Rebels is officially doing it wrong. The last two episodes explore the spiritual side of the force in a way that knocked me out. Feels like the building blocks for the future of the entire franchise are being placed.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:23 pm

The last two episodes explore the spiritual side of the force in a way that knocked me out.
Since the Disney acquisition, this has been a common thread in all the new content. They have made the clear decision to root the Force in a much more religious/spiritual grounding than even the OT films. (Don't even get me started with how the treated the Force in the prequels) Over time, I've come to realize that's why I rank Rogue One as my favorite SW movie: The Force is actually a major character in that film, and yet the only actual Force user is the bad guy.

I just absolutely love the way they are approaching this stuff now. It makes the universe special.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:26 pm

I'm not watching Rebels and I have zero desire to watch Rebels. Just like I had zero desire to watch Clone Wars, or the other Clone Wars, or that YouTube series, or read the comics, or novels. The movies are all that matter to me. I'm glad that content is there for those of you who want to watch it, but it just isn't for me. And until I watch the films and feel like I'm missing information due to it being in a show or book, I'm perfectly happy ignoring it.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:57 pm

Need to catch up on Rebels. Can't wait to watch.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:17 pm

My kids asked if they could be Loth Cats for Halloween and I be a Loth Wolf.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Nice!

If you really want to fall down a Star Wars wormhole, check out the recent Marvel comics. I got Comixology unlimited trial and most of the first couple of years of the new series are on there. Good stuff, but hard to keep up with.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:15 pm

Rebels. Holy ****.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 pm

We're into a territory where the cartoon is approaching serious discussion with some of the movies. That was awesome, I had tears from a kids cartoon show.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:22 pm

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:54 pm

Whoa is right. I heard a lot of the early quotes, but couldn’t hear the later ones clearly.

Next week is the three part finale.

Mt. Lebanon’s Dave Filoni will have an announcement on his next project “soon.”

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:36 am

Holy.........!!!!!!!!

Those last two episodes were fantastic. Legit goosebumps with the quotes.

Q
With the destruction of the Lothal Jedi temple, and the peace out of the Dume Lothwolf, does that mean no more Kanan in the final three episodes? Also, given what happened in ep2, I legit thought they 86ed Ezra for a minute.

Also, when I heard the quotes from the 'future', I kinda thought the story was going where it went. So where is Ahsoka now?

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:38 am

Holy.........!!!!!!!!

Those last two episodes were fantastic. Legit goosebumps with the quotes.

Q
With the destruction of the Lothal Jedi temple, and the peace out of the Dume Lothwolf, does that mean no more Kanan in the final three episodes? Also, given what happened in ep2, I legit thought they 86ed Ezra for a minute.

Also, when I heard the quotes from the 'future', I kinda thought the story was going where it went. So where is Ahsoka now?
So Ahsoka went back in and before she did, Ezra said come find me. I took that as she's still going strong back in that timeline and has to find a way off the planet to catch back up with present day story. I have no idea how they are going to handle the time change consequence thing though and I think Star Wars opened up a can of worms that has to be paid very close attention too. I'm guessing they can solve that with saying the temple was destroyed and so goes the time travel possibilities (but there are other temples right?)

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:50 am

Also, the visuals kind of implied that in saving Ahsoka, Vader was destroyed. And that's not cricket.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:54 am

The last two episodes explore the spiritual side of the force in a way that knocked me out.
Since the Disney acquisition, this has been a common thread in all the new content. They have made the clear decision to root the Force in a much more religious/spiritual grounding than even the OT films. (Don't even get me started with how the treated the Force in the prequels) Over time, I've come to realize that's why I rank Rogue One as my favorite SW movie: The Force is actually a major character in that film, and yet the only actual Force user is the bad guy.

I just absolutely love the way they are approaching this stuff now. It makes the universe special.
Yeah and that hallway scene was one of the most badass moments in any Star Wars film.

Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:35 am

I find the wolves annoying.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:55 pm

i imagine most of you are basically the same guy as the interviewer here

https://imgur.com/gallery/hIWCD

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:56 pm

Shadows of the Empire is great.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:21 am

Spoilers, obvi

Missed a more than a few references in these last two episodes.

The 'world between worlds' is the same place as where Ezra received his kyber crystal in Se1. The more expansive presentation is reflective of Ezra's increased knowledge of the Force.

When Ahsoka jumped back through the portal, she was right back on Malachor where the original Se2 episode had her 'end', but that end was actually 2-3 years after the battle that preceded it. So that basically just means Vader left the Jedi temple on Malachor one confused-ass motherfcker. Imagine that fight from his perspective..... he's about to deliver a killing blow, when an arm appears out of nowhere, and yanks Tano into vapor. He's like, "Did.... that.... just..... what......"

So that means, as it stands, Ahsoka is alive for the final bits of the story. But, sadly, we are still faced with the knowledge that the only member of the Ghost crew we know to be alive at least as recent as the Battle of Scarif is Hera (thanks to her loudspeaker callout in RO). None of the other characters have a known presence in the SW world beyond that. And considering Ezra is a Jedi (or at least Jedi-adjacent) I don't know how you account for his absence short of...... well..... you know...... The other characters can just be dispersed throughout the galaxy. But a Force user's absence kind of has to be... permanent.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:32 am

that was a good video, I love how they put those out. I am very interested to see what happens. The easy answer and I suppose completely reasonable one is for everyone to end up dead, but I really don't want to see that, but at the same time, like you said, how to you account from their absence...

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:34 am

Chopper was also in Rogue One. And there was speculation that one of the Rebel troopers in Empire Strikes BackRotJ, outside of the shield generator building on Endor was Captain Rex. The latter is a long shot, but Chopper was rolling around in RO on Yavin.
Last edited by DigitalGypsy66 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:37 am

Endor was not in ESB. Hand in your fan card.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Postby Spangler » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:11 pm

There was a comic that had Hera with Leia on Hoth around the time of ESB. She was around till then at least.

I wonder if Ezra went back to the time gates permanently at some point. Perhaps he manipulated events in the series. I hate the idea because it gives the character more importance than he deserves. Pure speculation on my part.