Star Wars discussion (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:03 pm

Source of the post Question on RotR: I barely noticed Fin as we were leaving that shootout. It looked like a live actor for the split second I saw him but that seems so unlikely.
Finn's there but he's an animatronic. I believe the only live actors are the cast members throughout it. We had some really great people in DL. That job has to be so much fun.
The Hondo animatronic on Smuggler's is fantastic.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:26 pm

Source of the post Smuggler's Run was fantastic, so hearing how much more more RotR is has me quite jazzed.
Best I can describe it is Smuggler's Run is a very good version of a ride we've seen before. RotR created a whole new category of rides.

As far as motion simulators go, Smuggler's Run is great but Flight of Passage beats it. By the way, the Ronto breakfast wrap at Ronto Roasters is delicious.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:31 pm

Peli Motto sighting.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:24 am

Fett ep 3 WTF Disney? That chase scene looked like it was filmed in slow motion in 1993. How did Robert Rodriguez make this look so bad? Looked like deleted scenes from spy kids. Just horrible

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:53 am

Fett ep 3 WTF Disney? That chase scene looked like it was filmed in slow motion in 1993. How did Robert Rodriguez make this look so bad? Looked like deleted scenes from spy kids. Just horrible
Yeah it was really bad. I don’t know what they’re doing here. It gave no real stakes IMO. What’s the Mayor gonna do? Disappear? It’d probably be more effective to have someone stake out the place or follow the mayor’s aid than some stupid chase. Reminded me of late Sons of Anarchy, that’s not a good thing.

It totally crushed the coolness of Santi and a new Rancor.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:59 am

I don't mind the story and the gang and all that, but the execution on that chase was so poorly done. It was embarrassing.

Stoosh

Postby Stoosh » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 am

Smuggler's Run was fantastic, so hearing how much more more RotR is has me quite jazzed.

Honestly, as a child of the 70s who had all the OG Kenner toys and redeemed the proof of purchase tokens, and whose first cinema experience was being scared shitless by Darth Vader, just being in Black Spire Outpost is like a thing of dreams for me. I can't even really put it into words, what it felt like walking through there and seeing those characters and vehicles in-person. I nearly cried when I saw Artoo. Shoot, I'm misting up recounting it right now.
I'm in the same boat. I was born in 1975 and Star Wars was the first thing I remember that really captured my attention. In fact, I think my first cinematic experience may have been going to see Empire at like 4-5 years old and getting scared to the point to tears by the Wampa. I think we had to leave the theater.

We're hoping to get to Disney World in November and I'm giving myself at least two days in Galaxy's Edge. I know you can do it all in one day, but I just want to see as much of it as I can. I've watched enough YouTube clips of everything in it so that nothing will really be a surprise, but I don't think anything will tamper the excitement or experience of seeing all of this in-person. That first time walking in there, seeing the Falcon, going through the experience at Savi's to build the lightsaber...I'm going to be a mess.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 am

Yeah, the chase scene was pretty bad-looking. Like CW DC series levels of bad. Maybe they had issues with working from home, much like the video game industry over the last couple of years.

But Danny Trejo and Stephen Root in the Star Wars universe? Cool.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:30 am

But Danny Trejo and Stephen Root in the Star Wars universe? Cool.
That was cool.
wookie fight was pretty fun too

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:49 am

It was a terrible, terrible chase.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:58 am

Am I crazy or did it look like it was the slowest moving chase ever? I kept thinking of Costanza on his rascal scooter with the elderly

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:11 am

Am I crazy or did it look like it was the slowest moving chase ever? I kept thinking of Costanza on his rascal scooter with the elderly
You're not crazy. Everything about it was horrible.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:50 am

Source of the post Smuggler's Run was fantastic, so hearing how much more more RotR is has me quite jazzed.
Best I can describe it is Smuggler's Run is a very good version of a ride we've seen before. RotR created a whole new category of rides.

As far as motion simulators go, Smuggler's Run is great but Flight of Passage beats it. By the way, the Ronto breakfast wrap at Ronto Roasters is delicious.
Smugglers Run is a less physical Mission:Space in a cooler setting.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:58 am

We're hoping to get to Disney World in November and I'm giving myself at least two days in Galaxy's Edge. I know you can do it all in one day, but I just want to see as much of it as I can. I've watched enough YouTube clips of everything in it so that nothing will really be a surprise, but I don't think anything will tamper the excitement or experience of seeing all of this in-person. That first time walking in there, seeing the Falcon, going through the experience at Savi's to build the lightsaber...I'm going to be a mess.
We are going there in 10 days. I can't wait. My sister and BIL just were there, and he is a huge star wars guy, and just said it is absolutely amazing.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:04 am

It's also designed in a way that you can't see the Falcon from a far distance. Black Spire Outpost is a market and maze-like so out of nowhere you round a corner and suddenly you're starring at the **** Millennium Falcon. It's unreal.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:21 pm

That first time walking in there, seeing the Falcon, going through the experience at Savi's to build the lightsaber...I'm going to be a mess.
My first sight of the Falcon was as we were traversing the Docking Bay food court thing. Didn't quite know the lay of the land, so I wasn't prepared for the moment of looking left and seeing that cockpit. It literally stopped me in my tracks, and I was a child again. :fist:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:28 pm

Yeah if there's one thing that those of us who have already experienced Galaxy's Edge can impart, it is the absolute immersion you experience as a guest. Cast Members don't even acknowledge that you're at a park ("Oh the hydration bottle has been pressurized to withstand the vacuum of space; twist the top clockwise to break the seal."), and you can't see any part of California that isn't totally slathered in Star Wars (guessing Orlando is the sane level of committing to the bit). It's just the best.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:18 pm

We are going there in 10 days. I can't wait. My sister and BIL just were there, and he is a huge star wars guy, and just said it is absolutely amazing.
Oh my god. We will be there Jan 23 to 29

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:30 pm

Someone on Reddit compared the cyberpunk biker gang to Biff’s hoverboard gang in BTTF2 and that’s amazingly spot on.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:30 pm

Holy ****, you guys are going to kiss right?

meow

Postby meow » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:22 pm

If you’re talking about me and NAN then yes

meow

Postby meow » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:23 pm

Someone on Reddit compared the cyberpunk biker gang to Biff’s hoverboard gang in BTTF2 and that’s amazingly spot on.
Hoverboards don’t work on water!

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm

I'll be in WDW next week so I'll just miss you jags.

meow

Postby meow » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:34 pm

You weren’t invited to our kiss anyway

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:49 pm

Hoverboards don’t work on water!
Unless you got POWER.