Star Wars discussion (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

Dickie Dunn

Star Wars discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:45 am

Extra thoughts:
- I wonder which direction they are going to take Kylo Ren's story arc. Is it going to mirror the Anakin Skywalker dark side to light side redemption? Given the people associated with the upcoming films I'm sure they can pull it off, but I don't really want that. This assclown just murdered Han Solo. There's no redeeming him. Leave him as an evil POS and have Rey bring him down.

- Also read this morning that Poe Dameron was originally supposed to die during his escape with Finn. Glad they kept him alive. I don't know how they will work him into the next movies, but I'm down with a good portion of the next movie being The Adventures of Finn and Poe while Rey is off learning how to Jedi.

Silentom

Star Wars discussion

Postby Silentom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 am

It's probably to early to tell which direction they'll go with Ren. I'd imagine we'll see in VIII if he is still conflicted between light/dark.

Who knows....we might end up seeing him go light and help to bring down Snoke. (Probably not likely, though.)

MrKennethTKangaroo

Star Wars discussion

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:04 am

mark hamil does not do a good job looking like an old crafty sorcerer type. he just doesnt look that wise.

nocera

Star Wars discussion

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:05 am

Extra thoughts:
- I wonder which direction they are going to take Kylo Ren's story arc. Is it going to mirror the Anakin Skywalker dark side to light side redemption? Given the people associated with the upcoming films I'm sure they can pull it off, but I don't really want that. This assclown just murdered Han Solo. There's no redeeming him. Leave him as an evil POS and have Rey bring him down.

- Also read this morning that Poe Dameron was originally supposed to die during his escape with Finn. Glad they kept him alive. I don't know how they will work him into the next movies, but I'm down with a good portion of the next movie being The Adventures of Finn and Poe while Rey is off learning how to Jedi.
I really hope they don't try to redeem Kylo. He murdered Han Solo, his father, in cold blood. There's no going back from that.

nocera

Star Wars discussion

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:06 am

mark hamil does not do a good job looking like an old crafty sorcerer type. he just doesnt look that wise.
I guess I can agree that he didn't look like an old crafty sorcerer. He looked like a dude who has fought his whole life to keep the dark side down, and failed. He's seen some ****.

NAN

Star Wars discussion

Postby NAN » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:20 am

Vadar is Luke's father.

Silentom

Star Wars discussion

Postby Silentom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:29 am

Any speculation on Rey's parentage? I've heard rumors that she is Luke's daughter making her Ren's cousin.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Star Wars discussion

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:30 am

Going today at Noon.

nocera

Star Wars discussion

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:37 am

Any speculation on Rey's parentage? I've heard rumors that she is Luke's daughter making her Ren's cousin.
I said this earlier, but my hope is that she's completely unrelated to the Skywalker family. I did see a theory that she was being trained by Luke at a very young age, and was abandoned after Kylo went nuts. That would explain some of her visions. Maybe she had that memory erased somehow. I'd be down with that.

NAN

Star Wars discussion

Postby NAN » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:38 am

Maybe her and Klyo will hook up and have a baby Godric.

Silentom

Star Wars discussion

Postby Silentom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:46 am

I said this earlier, but my hope is that she's completely unrelated to the Skywalker family. I did see a theory that she was being trained by Luke at a very young age, and was abandoned after Kylo went nuts. That would explain some of her visions. Maybe she had that memory erased somehow. I'd be down with that.
I hope she's unrelated, too.

I hadn't read that theory yet... I'd be down with that as well.

nocera

Star Wars discussion

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:55 am

I'd also be okay with Rey being the twin sister of Kylo Ren. The Skywalker heritage would still be too convenient, but I'd be into a showdown between brother & sister.

Silentom

Star Wars discussion

Postby Silentom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:08 pm

I'd also be okay with Rey being the twin sister of Kylo Ren. The Skywalker heritage would still be too convenient, but I'd be into a showdown between brother & sister.
I could see them doing that as a corollary to the Luke/Leia twin siblings situation from the OT. I think they can be more creative than that though.

Dickie Dunn

Star Wars discussion

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:20 pm

If Kylo Ren's sister gets to look like Daisy Ridley while he is stuck looking like Adam Driver, well I'd be fairly pissed off as well.

I think she has to be Luke's daughter. She's extremely force sensitive, so you would assume biological ties to force sensitive people. Unless she was immaculately born via rogue midichlorians (shudder). I thought Han and Leia displayed a familiarity with her, though not in a parental way. Maybe their force brainwashed from remembering her? Maybe Han bolted and had no idea Leia was pregnant? I'd be fine with her having no relation to the Skywalkers. It would be interesting to move beyond the primary Star Wars family, but would hate that the final descendent of that family is Kylo Ren.

NAN

Star Wars discussion

Postby NAN » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:25 pm

I haven't seen the movie yet (probably will before the end of next weekend), but hearing all of the good vibes coming out makes me even more mad Lucas f'd up the prequels.

Jim

Star Wars discussion

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:26 pm

In interviews I get a mean/spoiled vibe from Daisy Ridley (the actress, not the character). I am trying to find it on youtube, but early last week I saw an interview with Ford and he seemed to be dropping Star Trek words/lingo and I wondered if he was doing it on purpose to poke fun at the super-nerds that love the one and hate the other.

Silentom

Star Wars discussion

Postby Silentom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:28 pm

I haven't seen the movie yet (probably will before the end of next weekend), but hearing all of the good vibes coming out makes me even more mad Lucas f'd up the prequels.
I agree. But he is probably in a room somewhere giggling like a madman, swimming in his $4,000,000,000 that he got for allowing Disney to fix what he effed up.

Silentom

Star Wars discussion

Postby Silentom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:01 pm

And thank god the word Sith was never uttered in TFA.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Star Wars discussion

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:32 pm

Read that BB-8 is the one that woke R2 up by saying he had part of a map and asked if R2 had the rest. Rey is definitely connected to Luke in some form. Ren discussed the vision of an island, which is were Rey ended up finding Luke hiding out. Also wondering if Poe is force sensitive? He was slated to be killed off but he managed to survive that crash and was able to commandingly take on multiple Tie Fighters.

eddy

Star Wars discussion

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Read that BB-8 is the one that woke R2 up by saying he had part of a map and asked if R2 had the rest. Rey is definitely connected to Luke in some form. Ren discussed the vision of an island, which is were Rey ended up finding Luke hiding out. Also wondering if Poe is force sensitive? He was slated to be killed off but he managed to survive that crash and was able to commandingly take on multiple Tie Fighters.
I think making Rey Luke's daughter is to forced, I wouldn't be surprised to find out she was a young student being trained by him and managed to get out (by Luke? ) before Ren killed off all the other of Luke's school of the force trainees

Lemon Berry Lobster

Star Wars discussion

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:55 pm

I think making Rey Luke's daughter is to forced, I wouldn't be surprised to find out she was a young student being trained by him and managed to get out (by Luke? ) before Ren killed off all the other of Luke's school of the force trainees
Not sure why double post. Deleted non-spoilered info.
Last edited by Lemon Berry Lobster on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Star Wars discussion

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:56 pm

From one viewing of the movie and some reading, I think it is far too obvious she is his daughter. The parallels are evident; found on a remote, sandy planet much like Anakin and Luke. The saber made by Anakin and later used by Luke called out to her. She's an amazing pilot and known to tinker with electronics. Leia walks right past Chewie after they get back from blowing up the Star Killer base, as far as fans know Leia and Rey have no past history together. Why wouldn't Leia try to comfort Chewie at all? She calls the Falcon garbage similar to Luke calling it a piece of junk.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Star Wars discussion

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:06 pm

That would not explain why kyo was easily able to extract the info on bb8

Lemon Berry Lobster

Star Wars discussion

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:09 pm

That would not explain why kyo was easily able to extract the info on bb8
I was under the impression that since Rey had seen the map, Kylo decided to use his Force power to view her memories of the map. Where he might have seen some other memories linking their pasts, which is why they dropped the need for BB-8 and he took her instead.

eddy

Star Wars discussion

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the- ... questions/

Nice long informative writeup about questions we're asking, a lot filled in with back story from novels and other media. Spoilers obviously