Movie Thread

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Source of the post Oh you'll be able to tell. If Henry Cavill's face looks like it's made of plastic or someone is making a funny, it's Whedon stuff.
apparently that's in the beginning of the movie and it's pretty jarring. I can't wait for Saturday. Kids got their flash and supes costume ready to go. My kids are finally getting of age where they are showing interest in this stuff and while I enjoy superhero movies for what they are, It's fun to watch these with the kids and take it in on that level again.
That's awesome. Kids make stuff like this better.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm

[youtube]http://youtu.be/coOKvrsmQiI[/youtube]

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Silentom

Movie Thread

Postby Silentom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Mobile links don't work.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Now that’s a movie

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:26 pm

I’m in.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Rampage releases on 4/20. Someone is on it.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:59 pm

That looks hilariously bad. Also is ghost husband from Grey’s Anatomy just always Negan now?

I looked up the RT score for Justice League. Sitting at 37% critic score and 89% audience score.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:01 pm

Looks like Wonder Woman, because she's the only character people like, and Batman, as a means of letting Affleck escape from his own personal hell as Batman, are going to be part of the Flashpoint solo movie for The Flash, which definitely has to be getting used to reset and reboot this disaster.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:59 am

Source of the post Cavill's MI mustache is a major issue
oh I can't wait for this!

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:21 am

Lol ya. It's a major issue. Pretty horrific. From what I've read from people who have seen the movie, you should have zero problem spotting the Whedon reshoots.
- 99% of the Superman stuff is reshoots because his story was drastically changed and condensed.
- Most of the reshoots are of the same quality as the one's for the most recent Fantastic Four movie. Affleck's hair, facial hair, and face fatness vary multiple ways throughout the same scenes.
- Green screen reshoots for things that were originally filmed on location, with noticeable jumps between the on location shots and green screen shots within the same scene.
- Zack Snyder has proven to be a **** storyteller, but he has a definite visual style when filming things. Whedon's scenes very noticeably deviate from the style.
- Forced humor.
Despite all that of course, I'm sure your kids will enjoy it. I'm interested to see how you like it. I'll see it at some point, but it seems like the best thing WB can do at this point is formally announce a massive restart/reboot/retcon via Flashpoint ASAP. Like preferably Monday.
Last edited by Dickie Dunn on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 am

I think they should've left the mustache on him. Like a vacation from himself.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 am

Source of the post I'll see it at some point, but it seems like the best thing WB can do at this point is formally announce a massive restart/reboot/retcon via Flashpoint ASAP. Like preferably Monday.
yes please. I strongly disliked BvS, I can't imagine this being worse than that, but we shall see. I can't believe how far they've fallen from Nolans Batmans movies and the strong criticism of the last one. How do you screw up a movie with Batman and Superman in it.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 am

I think they should've left the mustache on him. Like a vacation from himself.
I would have gone on opening night if they had some scenes with and some without.

Miami Vice

Movie Thread

Postby Miami Vice » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 am

im sitting there watching justice league, and im thinking to myself "this is a bit rushed, but theres nothing really bad about it. i actually like this."
then for inexplicable reasons they decided to dig up superman's corpse (yes, there is actually a scene of cyborg and the flash digging up his grave) and then the characters and plot went full on nonsense
I didn't notice the mustache, but I also had a few liters at the Hofbrauhaus beforehand
Last edited by Miami Vice on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 am

Anyone seen Brigsby Bear or The Beguiled?

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 am

im sitting there watching justice league, and im thinking to myself "this is a bit rushed, but theres nothing really bad about it. i actually like this."
then for inexplicable reasons they decided to dig up superman's corpse (yes, there is actually a scene of cyborg and the flash digging up his grave) and then the characters and plot went full on nonsense
I didn't notice the mustache, but I also had a few liters at the Hofbrauhaus beforehand
I hate to be this guy, but come on dude, spoilers.

Miami Vice

Movie Thread

Postby Miami Vice » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 am

i didnt think that was a spoiler since hes in the trailers/commercials

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am

Yeah you're right. Not a huge spoiler. I also don't plan on watching it until the home video release so I'm not sure why I even care.

Jim

Movie Thread

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:31 pm

SUPERMAN'S ALIVE? WHAT??? Who possibly would have thunk that? I mean, it's a Justice League movie not a Superman movie. What? Superman is basically the head of the Justice League? From the start? The end of the Superman movie they did what with the dirt to show that he was still alive? Aquaman can talk to the fishes? Damn, you're ruining everything!!! Next you are going to tell me that the Flash had never fought anyone before! Wait, what? Killin me man!!!

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm not really in the mood to the defend my definition of a spoiler, but in this case it's not that Superman is alive, it's the specifics of the spoilered text that were not known.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:44 pm

:thumb:
I'm not really in the mood to the defend my definition of a spoiler, but in this case it's not that Superman is alive, it's the specifics of the spoilered text that were not known.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that. I still don't know what to expect, but that certainly made things more interesting.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Lol ya. It's a major issue. Pretty horrific. From what I've read from people who have seen the movie, you should have zero problem spotting the Whedon reshoots.
- 99% of the Superman stuff is reshoots because his story was drastically changed and condensed.
- Most of the reshoots are of the same quality as the one's for the most recent Fantastic Four movie. Affleck's hair, facial hair, and face fatness vary multiple ways throughout the same scenes.
- Green screen reshoots for things that were originally filmed on location, with noticeable jumps between the on location shots and green screen shots within the same scene.
- Zack Snyder has proven to be a **** storyteller, but he has a definite visual style when filming things. Whedon's scenes very noticeably deviate from the style.
- Forced humor.
Despite all that of course, I'm sure your kids will enjoy it. I'm interested to see how you like it. I'll see it at some point, but it seems like the best thing WB can do at this point is formally announce a massive restart/reboot/retcon via Flashpoint ASAP. Like preferably Monday.
I have this scene ingrained in my head in such a weirdly specific way that I know it's going to be hard for me to not burst out laughing when it happens. So basically this movie keeps getting better for me.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:19 pm

I can't believe how far they've fallen from Nolans Batmans movies and the strong criticism of the last one.
I don't know how they treat the character in the comics, but the thing that Nolan got the most right imo was the notion that Bruce Wayne was actually Batman's secret identity, not the other way around. Psychologically, it's an altogether more interesting way to frame the arc from orphan to vigilante. They certainly never looked at him that way on TV, I don't think it was this way in the Burton movies, and it for sure wasn't like that in the Schumacher movies. What I've heard about Batfleck is that he presents a very compelling version of 'Bruce Wayne', and I had hoped that meant they were similarly treating the 'mask'. Is that not the case?

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:25 pm

I can't believe how far they've fallen from Nolans Batmans movies and the strong criticism of the last one.
I don't know how they treat the character in the comics, but the thing that Nolan got the most right imo was the notion that Bruce Wayne was actually Batman's secret identity, not the other way around. Psychologically, it's an altogether more interesting way to frame the arc from orphan to vigilante. They certainly never looked at him that way on TV, I don't think it was this way in the Burton movies, and it for sure wasn't like that in the Schumacher movies. What I've heard about Batfleck is that he presents a very compelling version of 'Bruce Wayne', and I had hoped that meant they were similarly treating the 'mask'. Is that not the case?
There really hasn't been too much material to say for certain. I know when I think of Affleck as Wayne, it more of a looks thing for me and the comics.