mac5155

Movie Thread

Postby mac5155 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:05 pm

The Irishman is great. Absolutely amazing honestly. I loved it

Troy Loney

Movie Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:37 am

It was fantastic.

This whole stupid marvel debate has mobilized the dimwits across the internet to throw shade on the movie, but it’s amazing. I would definitely suggest everyone to see it before allowing people who stopped maturing in 8th grade to influence their movie tastes.

LeopardLetang

Movie Thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:50 am

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:35 am

Irishman was incredible! A couple times I thought about south park and how they post celebrity faces and have them bounce around, but that was more me being dumb. Good job Netflix, keep giving talented people dump trucks of money to do their thing, I'm here for it.

Tomas

Movie Thread

Postby Tomas » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:55 am

Frozen 2:

I don't expect "high quality" from cartoon movies. As long as my girls (3 and 5 years) feel entertained, and the movie delivers at least some "teachable" message, I am good with it. In that sense, original Frozen was good - even though I found Elsa annoying, and even though I had to listen to "Let it Go" and other stupid song X>100 freaking times. Same goes for Frozen Fever, Olaf Frozen Adventure...

But what an incredible mess Frozen 2 is. Too dark, way too convoluted plot (my personal hypothesis is that the authors developed it while drunk-binging Lord of the Rings - the most overrated movie franchise ever). The songs mostly have the joyous playfulness of the Les Miserables.

The only positive I found is that it really made me chuckle when both of my girls - independently - blamed Elsa for the whole mess, as well as for how badly she treated Anna. And, when I tried to explain that maybe Elsa tried to protect Anna, the response was "but she almost got her killed by ...
the stone giants
!" :lol:

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:59 am

A Beautiful Day In The Neighboorhood was good. It's essentially a Mr. Rogers episode for adults. Goes down easy. Worth a watch.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:03 am

Thor: The Dark World is a giant piece of ****.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:04 am

Thor: The Dark World is a giant piece of ****.
I liked the lady sif character and wish they did more with her

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:06 am

A Beautiful Day In The Neighboorhood was good. It's essentially a Mr. Rogers episode for adults. Goes down easy. Worth a watch.
Thinking about seeing this today with kids, but wondering if the 8 yr old would be bored by it

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:07 am

"I liked the hot chick and wish she was in the movie more."

Hard hitting analysis from eddy.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am

Am I wrong? (I actually liked the movie too)

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 am

When was the last time you watched it? It's incredibly bad, in my opinion. Like it's so bad that Marvel is lucky it didn't completely kill the Thor character.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:15 am

Oh not at all. She was severely underused, gets bonus points for making the crossover to Agents of Shield, and was the one thing missing from Ragnarok.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:17 am

When was the last time you watched it? It's incredibly bad, in my opinion. Like it's so bad that Marvel is lucky it didn't completely kill the Thor character.
This is also true.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:19 am

*Googles Thor: The Dark World*

Eddy is correct, at least about the Sif lady.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 am

This is also true.
It's been a long time, I don't really remember much except I liked lady sif, haha. I think I recall it starting out pretty good.

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 am

Thinking about seeing this today with kids, but wondering if the 8 yr old would be bored by it
Honestly? No idea :lol:

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:34 am

Frozen 2:

I don't expect "high quality" from cartoon movies. As long as my girls (3 and 5 years) feel entertained, and the movie delivers at least some "teachable" message, I am good with it. In that sense, original Frozen was good - even though I found Elsa annoying, and even though I had to listen to "Let it Go" and other stupid song X>100 freaking times. Same goes for Frozen Fever, Olaf Frozen Adventure...

But what an incredible mess Frozen 2 is. Too dark, way too convoluted plot (my personal hypothesis is that the authors developed it while drunk-binging Lord of the Rings - the most overrated movie franchise ever). The songs mostly have the joyous playfulness of the Les Miserables.

The only positive I found is that it really made me chuckle when both of my girls - independently - blamed Elsa for the whole mess, as well as for how badly she treated Anna. And, when I tried to explain that maybe Elsa tried to protect Anna, the response was "but she almost got her killed by ...
the stone giants
!" :lol:
From an adult standpoint, your analysis isn't a bad take. There were times where I was shaking my head, but overall I thought the movie was OK.

But from the kids' perspective (mine are 3 and 6), they don't really follow the plot. When I asked what they liked about the movie, they mentioned Olaf and the lizard that was on fire.

Tomas

Movie Thread

Postby Tomas » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:34 am

*Googles Thor: The Dark World*

Eddy is correct, at least about the Sif lady.
With the list of her injuries, I think she is eligible to file for permanent disability. :scared:
in 2012, Alexander suffered severe injuries when she slipped off a metal staircase during a rainy morning on the Thor: The Dark World set. The fall caused her to slip a disc in her thoracic spine and chipped 11 of her vertebrae, as well as dislocate her left shoulder and tear a rhomboid on her right side. The injuries took her out of filming for a month.[21][22]

Additionally, during the filming of Blindspot, Alexander experienced many injuries, including: ruptured C6 and C7 discs from being water boarded; herniated T3, T4, T8 and T9 discs; broken nose; dislocated right shoulder; broken right index finger; broken left foot; broken left two toes three times; broken right foot; broken right two toes; dislocated jaw; and other injuries that she was not allowed to disclose.[23]

In March 2018, Alexander was hospitalized and underwent surgery after her appendix ruptured. She later recovered.[24]

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:36 am

Had an interesting double feature over the weekend. Bloodsport/Blank Check. Both were exceptional and I appreciate the kids playing "kumite" around the house now. Youngest got bonus points for playing like the monkey man fighter

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:59 am

My wife and daughter went to see Frozen 2 without me, since I was home waiting for the HVAC guy. I only wanted to go because we got tickets to a different theater and I wanted to see how nice it was.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Had an interesting double feature over the weekend. Bloodsport/Blank Check. Both were exceptional and I appreciate the kids playing "kumite" around the house now. Youngest got bonus points for playing like the monkey man fighter
Blank Check was so stupid, but I loved movies like that when I was a kid. In the Richie Rich/Rookie of the Year/Dunston Checks In vein (although the latter was far worse than the others).

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Blank Check was so stupid, but I loved movies like that when I was a kid. In the Richie Rich/Rookie of the Year/Dunston Checks In vein (although the latter was far worse than the others).
Yeah, it was ridiculously stupid, but nostalgia wins out on that one. I forgot that the bad guy lady from dumb and dumber was in it too, I definitely had a crush on her.

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:59 pm

Don't you dare trash talk Dunston.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Oh boy. Apparently Anna Paquin didn't say enough words in The Irishman to appease the perpetually offended.