Movie Thread

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:18 pm

I thought it was a good movie. The group of people who think it should have won Best Picture at the Academy Awards should be jettisoned into space.
I have not seen it, so I'm going on the takes from those I trust who have. It seems like it merits some sort of recognition simply for being a wholly original story idea in an age where kind of everything Hollywood produces is based on something else.
Correct.

shmenguin

Movie Thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:39 pm

That Jim Carey documentary...very charming how he made the lives of people beneath him miserable for the sake of a mediocre project. What a guy.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:59 pm

That Jim Carey documentary...very charming how he made the lives of people beneath him miserable for the sake of a mediocre project. What a guy.
Yeah...he is nothing like the happy go lucky guy you would have expected him to be after the Ace Ventura movies. Seems like a miserable, tortured soul.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Yeah...he is nothing like the happy go lucky guy you would have expected him to be after the Ace Ventura movies. Seems like a miserable, tortured soul.
watch him on the Norm Mcdonald youtube interview. This guy has gone completely off the deep end.

shmenguin

Movie Thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:13 pm

watch him on the Norm Mcdonald youtube interview. This guy has gone completely off the deep end.
The takeaway from the documentary is that he has been this way his whole life, but is very good at pretending to be something else. So I don’t know if he’s “gone” anywhere.

It’s just such a shithead way to live life when you go to work, are surrounded by dozens of people making no money who have to endure abuse from a legit crazy person with no recourse and you act like it’s worth it to produce...THAT movie.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:17 pm

The takeaway from the documentary is that he has been this way his whole life, but is very good at pretending to be something else. So I don’t know if he’s “gone” anywhere.

It’s just such a shithead way to live life when you go to work, are surrounded by dozens of people making no money who have to endure abuse from a legit crazy person with no recourse and you act like it’s worth it to produce...THAT movie.
I think after his girlfriend committed suicide or whatever happened with that, he took it up a notch.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:26 pm

The girlfriend only died a couple years ago. He's been a nutter for most of his adult life.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:48 pm

The girlfriend only died a couple years ago. He's been a nutter for most of his adult life.
has he always been out there about going to indian hallucination weekends and talking about his extensional floating through space philosophies? I guess I never noticed it until recently

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:53 pm

He wrote himself a $10 million 'paycheck' in 1985.

shmenguin

Movie Thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:54 pm

there's a clip in the movie of him being interviewed in 1984. he's obviously deranged at that point as well. the paycheck thing is just a cute story tif. come on now...

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:57 am

Movie theater PSA (NSFW):

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:00 am

Now we're talkin':

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:18 am

Movie theater PSA (NSFW):

Wellbye.gif

Silentom

Movie Thread

Postby Silentom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:26 am

Now we're talkin':

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:32 am

Holy ****

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:38 am

I haven't been the biggest fan of some of these marvel movies, but I've been pretty impressed with them lately and this looks good. It's a pretty amazing accomplishment to have done what they've done with this universe. With each one of these that comes out and works so well, it boggles my mind how bad DC screwed up their characters.

Also watched Thor Ragnarok last night and it was better than the first time. Top 3 marvel for me

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:25 am

Is this the final Marvel movie for the original Avengers? Their contracts have to be close to expiring at this point.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 am

Who is going to die? My money is on cap, vision, Loki and maybe a guardian

Silentom

Movie Thread

Postby Silentom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:39 am

You shut your whore mouth.

Guardians are untouchable.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:42 am

Is this the final Marvel movie for the original Avengers? Their contracts have to be close to expiring at this point.
The still untitled Avengers 4, which is not Infinity War Part 2 as originally planned but was still filmed immediately after Infinity War, comes out next May. But after that the answer to your question is "Yes". Kevin Feige is on record as stating the MCU will have two distinct periods, everything before Avengers 4 and everything after.

RDJ's contract was up after Iron Man 3 but negotiated a massive new contract for everything he's appeared in since then but that deal is up after Avengers 4. Evans' contract was up with Infinity War but he extended it for Avengers 4. Hemsworth's contract is up after A4. Ruffalo has at least one movie left on his deal. No one gives a **** about Jeremy Renner. ScarJo, Elizabeth Olsen, and Paul Bettany seem to be unknown. Sam Jackson has two left. Sebastian Stan has like five movies left. Hiddleston's contract will be up. GOTG crew has movies left. Etc.

But yes, the main players of RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth no longer have contracts committing them to the MCU.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:42 am

I'm thinking nebula, not a main character

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 am

The still untitled Avengers 4, which is not Infinity War Part 2 as originally planned but was still filmed immediately after Infinity War, comes out next May. But after that the answer to your question is "Yes". Kevin Feige is on record as stating the MCU will have two distinct periods, everything before Avengers 4 and everything after.

RDJ's contract was up after Iron Man 3 but negotiated a massive new contract for everything he's appeared in since then but that deal is up after Avengers 4. Evans' contract was up with Infinity War but he extended it for Avengers 4. Hemsworth's contract is up after A4. Ruffalo has at least one movie left on his deal. No one gives a **** about Jeremy Renner. ScarJo, Elizabeth Olsen, and Paul Bettany seem to be unknown. Sam Jackson has two left. Sebastian Stan has like five movies left. Hiddleston's contract will be up. GOTG crew has movies left. Etc.

But yes, the main players of RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth no longer have contracts committing them to the MCU.
:thumb: Thanks for the explanation. It'll be interesting to see what Marvel does with those characters. I don't think I want to see anybody else portray them and I know for damn sure I don't want any reboots. They turned relatively minor characters (at least as far as film goes) into huge stars capable of carrying the universe (Cap, Iron Man, Thor) so I don't doubt they would be able to do it again.

Silentom

Movie Thread

Postby Silentom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:46 am

I'm thinking nebula, not a main character
Karen Gillian is also off limits.

Yowza.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:35 pm

:thumb: Thanks for the explanation. It'll be interesting to see what Marvel does with those characters. I don't think I want to see anybody else portray them and I know for damn sure I don't want any reboots. They turned relatively minor characters (at least as far as film goes) into huge stars capable of carrying the universe (Cap, Iron Man, Thor) so I don't doubt they would be able to do it again.
It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens. I can't seem them ever recasting Tony Stark. He could conceivably "retire" with the occasional RDJ cameo appearance, but even that would be expensive. Hemsworth's career outside the MCU hasn't been great and they finally got a Thor solo movie right with Ragnarok, so I could see there being mutual interest for a new deal from both parties. I thought Steve Rogers should have died in Civil War, so now I fully expect him to die in one of the next two movies. Bucky and Sam Wilson (Falcon) have both become Captain America in the comics, so the character could continue on in that form.

Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Widow will probably continue on as secondary characters. Ant-Man and Wasp are awesome. Black Panther just got involved and is a big deal. Spider-Man. Captain Marvel will be the next addition. It wouldn't surprise me if GOTG goes by the wayside after their next movie, but the Fox deal will add Fantastic Four and X-Men to the mix. I forgot Doctor Strange because who doesn't? Don Cheadle also doesn't have much else to do.

There's definitely enough players to keep the Avengers aspect of the MCU going. It's just a question of how they deal with the major players.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm

I'm all for more Thor movies and Captain America dying. Make it so.