Movie Thread

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Report: After Taking a Meeting With James Gunn, Disney Still Isn't Bringing Him Back for Guardians Vol. 3
According to a new report from Variety, Gunn recently met with Disney studio chairman Alan Horne (Kevin Feige was reportedly unavailable at the time) and while the meeting was “civil and professional,” Gunn left it without his old job back.
Cowards.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Watched Drugstore Cowboy yesterday which I probably hadn't seen in about 20 years. Kind of lost track of how old it was; Matt Dillon was in his 20's and Heather Graham was a teenager. Movie also featured a great song Israelites by Desmond Dekker and the Aces.
Absolutely superb film

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Report: After Taking a Meeting With James Gunn, Disney Still Isn't Bringing Him Back for Guardians Vol. 3
According to a new report from Variety, Gunn recently met with Disney studio chairman Alan Horne (Kevin Feige was reportedly unavailable at the time) and while the meeting was “civil and professional,” Gunn left it without his old job back.
Cowards.
He's in the driver's seat right now; public opinion is actually on his side, as are pretty much the entire cast. Disney has no leverage, so they need to sweeten the deal. I wouldn't accept the job back without some major concessions (more [any?] points on the gross; first refusal on all GOTG films going forward; a commitment to make at least one non-Marvel film; maybe even a first-look deal; the works).

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:57 am

Cowards.
He's in the driver's seat right now; public opinion is actually on his side, as are pretty much the entire cast. Disney has no leverage, so they need to sweeten the deal. I wouldn't accept the job back without some major concessions (more [any?] points on the gross; first refusal on all GOTG films going forward; a commitment to make at least one non-Marvel film; maybe even a first-look deal; the works).
Is he, though? It sounds like it's Disney holding him back from returning. I do agree that the public and actors are all on his side, and think this will go poorly for Disney if they proceed without him.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:58 am

The title says it all: Liam Neeson to Star in Action-Thriller 'Hard Powder' - Will Play Snowplow Driver Taking Revenge on the Local Drug Cartel.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Movie Thread

Postby LITT » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 am

Cowards.
Is he, though? It sounds like it's Disney holding him back from returning. I do agree that the public and actors are all on his side, and think this will go poorly for Disney if they proceed without him.
what happened with this whole ordeal?

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:24 am

Some conservative douchebag who lives in his mother's basement made a huge ordeal over some awful jokes that Gunn made years and years ago - jokes which he had already apologized for in the past - and Disney fired him from GotG3. Bautista has threatened to quit the movie in protest, and Gunn basically has support of everyone to be reinstated, except for the white knights at Disney. The company which has never had any black marks to their name. Ever.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 am

Sign me up.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:43 am

Although I hadn't seen him in more than 10 years, I know I'll miss him forever.

I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?
Watched this last night, man can I not keep things together as he's typing this and the music starts playing and the kids come in. Incredible movie.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Movie Thread

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:00 am

Sign me up.
No information required. I'll watch it.

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Sign me up.
No information required. I'll watch it.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Cowards.
Disney feels that in the #metoo era, they can't back down on this. They are wrong. And they will find out how wrong they are the next time they greenlight a film with Johnny Depp at the top of the bill.

Honestly, if they're using Gunn's script, his name is going to appear in the credits and on the marketing.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Speaking of, aren't they making a 12th Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:17 pm

It's apparently being discussed, which sucks because the fifth movie was a half decent end to the series.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Depp will force them to make it, given that it's the only character he has played in any movie he's appeared in over the past decade.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Well, that's not really accurate.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:31 pm

I've heard it both ways.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Uncharted Movie Script Is Finished, Shooting Begins Soon
I mean, as of right now, the closest to the starting line is "Uncharted" in that it's a massive title. We now have a very good script and we have our star in Tom Holland. That is now subject to schedule and additional casting. But I would say as of right now, that seems to be the most near horizon. And it's a movie I'm very excited about. And I will tell you, you know, Stranger Things has been, on a day-to-day, every single day, basis, every bit as gratifying as any movie I've directed. It's just, not only the popularity of the show and the outcome, but as I just experienced while directing season 3, it just remains inspiring on a daily basis, in a way that few movies ever are. So, you know, it's definitely keeping me more than busy while I wait for the right movie and the right moment to line up on the feature side.
:|

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:12 pm

I've only seen Uncharted game play occasionally, but that's enough to know Holland is not a good choice.

Kaiser

Movie Thread

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:18 pm

I haven't seen any guardians of the Galaxy movies, but based on what I saw in infinity war, the characters are annoying d-bags and Groot is a stupid concept. /Cloudfist

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:37 pm

I haven't seen any guardians of the Galaxy movies, but based on what I saw in infinity war, the characters are annoying d-bags and Groot is a stupid concept. /Cloudfist
False

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 am

Watched Chicago. Dang, that's one sexy movie. Really done well, I was impressed. Also watched The burbs again, that movie just doesn't get old.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:17 pm

The title says it all: Liam Neeson to Star in Action-Thriller 'Hard Powder' - Will Play Snowplow Driver Taking Revenge on the Local Drug Cartel.
I forgot to mention yesterday: When I read this, I was like, "Oh, that's a good Onion headline, haha."

:|

I have a particular set of plows.

Robot B9

Movie Thread

Postby Robot B9 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:19 pm

Ruth.... Vader..... Jinsberg?
POTY. Well done, sir.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:22 am

Watched Coppola's Dracula. I love everything about this movie, from the practical effects to the score and cinematography. It feels like a r rated blockbuster from the 50s and freaks me out everytime I watch it. The 4k remaster is awesome.