Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:02 am

The Lion King remake is cutting "Be Prepared."
http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/02/18/ ... n-beyonce/

Well, this movie is dead to me now.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:04 am

I can't remember that song, but can remember the other four in the article.

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:45 am

dafuq? Be prepared is great.

Viva la Ben

Movie Thread

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Trolls on Twitter make false claims of being assaulted at screenings of 'Black Panther'
In the tweets, the posters frequently blame "black youth" for the attacks, using images taken from various unrelated sources of bleeding and battered faces or images of blood in sinks and on towels.
One user even pulled the image that Colbie Holderness, an ex-wife of former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, shared when she wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post about the abuse she faced from Porter. The user claimed the photo of Holderness was an image of his wife after she was attacked when they went to see "Black Panther."
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-tro ... story.html

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:19 pm

I am more upset they are omitting "Morning Report" from the new remake.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Black panther was great, a lot of the action scenes felt like marvel injecting a superhero movie into something very special and at times almost out of place. It all worked out fine, but it just goes to show you how important a good story is.

Interesting read about the movie

https://filmcrithulk.blog/2018/02/17/bl ... ssion=true

Pavel Bure

Movie Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 pm

I am more upset they are omitting "Morning Report" from the new remake.
That song sucks.

columbia

Movie Thread

Postby columbia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Black panther was great, a lot of the action scenes felt like marvel injecting a superhero movie into something very special and at times almost out of place. It all worked out fine, but it just goes to show you how important a good story is.

My comics buddy raved about it; he and his 10 year old loved it.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:19 pm

I never really knew much about Black Panther growing up, and his role in Avengers didn’t really make me care much, but the trailers look really good. I’ll definitely be checking it out.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 pm

My comics buddy raved about it; he and his 10 year old loved it.
My 6, 8, and 10 year olds loved it. There was an awesome car chase scene, but I loved the non superhero stuff in the movie much more. Mainly because it went over their heads, the kids loved the superheroey parts to it!

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:26 pm

And that's why it really is a great movie, there is a lot here for everyone. It's a heavy themed movie that plays well to kids.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:27 pm

The tone of that article: "white people don't get it". I'm sure the movie is excellent.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:06 am

The tone of that article: "white people don't get it". I'm sure the movie is excellent.
I've never seen do the right thing, but I got the impression that take was more about that movie. I did relate a lot to the article specifically with the audience I watched it with. There was a lot of yelling and cheering specifically at the villian and his plan to start a black revolution. I thought as it was happening that ,yeah he's a really cool character in the movie, but he's the bad guy and this isn't the kind of thing to cheer on (I'm wondering if you'd actually walk out judging from your reaction (maybe I'm assuming too much?)). After reading the article, it did make sense regarding this audience probably did relate more with him then the good guy. I kinda figured you'd have that response if you said anything at all without seeing the movie, but it definitely helped me see the movie and the passion of the audience in a different light. I didn't really find the movie to be excellent, the last fight felt rushed and pretty boiler plate. The cgi wasn't great and felt like something that was passable 15 years ago. Like the article says, it is pretty awesome seeing this much idea in a tent pole super hero movie.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:18 am

I think it's pretty awesome that kids have a black superhero that they can look up to like this. The main character was extremely flawed throughout the movie and maybe for the first time in a marvel movie, I actually felt like oh, maybe everything won't be ok in the end. It was a refreshing change of pace. I'd definitely put this in my top 10 marvel list.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Movie Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:19 am

Do people act like Blade doesn't exist?

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 am

I hope not, because Wesley Snipes was the **** in Blade. Loved every one of them, and would still be on board to see him do another.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:22 am

I hope not, because Wesley Snipes was the **** in Blade. Loved every one of them, and would still be on board to see him do another.
Some mother f*ckers always trying to ice skate uphill

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 am

To be fair, blade was a pretty hard R at the time, right? Not really marketed to young kids.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:24 am

Some mother f*ckers always trying to ice skate uphill
One of the more creative death scenes for sure. :fist:

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:18 am

My daughter loves this book called Wonder. We watched the movie over the weekend and it was really good. Great family movie, it got the tears flowing. We also introduced the kids to Willow and it was a huge success (obviously).

Troy Loney

Movie Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:29 am

Watched A River Runs Through It this weekend.

I was young when it came out, so not sure what kind of acclaim it got, but that's such a good movie.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 am

Watched A River Runs Through It this weekend.

I was young when it came out, so not sure what kind of acclaim it got, but that's such a good movie.
:thumb: I've been wanting to see that again. When I was younger, I took a fly fishing trip out west and visited a lot of the spots in the movie. Absolutely breathtaking scenery!

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 am

within the last year or two, I've become more and more of a Marvel movie fan, but I didn't quite follow the significance of the last post credit scene in Black Panther (not the one poking Trumps build walls), but the last one. Any help?

Miami Vice

Movie Thread

Postby Miami Vice » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am

within the last year or two, I've become more and more of a Marvel movie fan, but I didn't quite follow the significance of the last post credit scene in Black Panther (not the one poking Trumps build walls), but the last one. Any help?
at the end of civil war t'challa takes bucky back to wakanda to begin trying to repair both his arm and his mind. so it looks like that went well. the white wolf that the kids refer to is a wakandan special forces operative in the comics