Movie Thread

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Oh man, that Big Trouble in Little China one is awesome.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed May 15, 2019 3:53 pm

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Those posters are pretty rad. I like how the same future cityscape poster is in the triple pack for both Alien and Blade Runner.

But I confess, I don't know what this is:
It looks like a Vigor or Plasmid from Bioshock, but I don't think that's it.

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Yeah, it does. And again I wish we could use the c-word like our friends in the UK and Commonwealth countries. :lol:

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 am

Ever since I was a kid, the cover of Deathstalker always grabbed my attention and at last I fulfilled my desire to actually watch it as it's streaming on Amazon. Holy ****, this is a terrible movie. I mean, it's a bad movie, but it's also one of the most degrading movies I've ever seen towards women. With that said, it's obvious the people who made this had some sort of pervy repression thing finally lifted with how many boobs they got in this thing. Terrific movie to add your own commentary until it feels a little weird because of all the pillaging and weird sex scenes. Highly recommended!

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:31 pm

Barbi Benton was an early crush. I remember her from The Love Boat and Fantasy Island, and being just old enough to appreciate what the words "Playboy Playmate" meant.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu May 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Some outlets are saying Nicholas Hoult is still a consideration, but every other entertainment outlet is reporting that your new Batman is:

As a Batman fan for as long as I can remember, someone please shoot me.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Obviously that’s the knee jerk reaction but honestly the dude can act and everybody in the world hated the Heath Ledger casting when it was announced. I’ll wait to pass judgement on this one.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Thu May 16, 2019 11:31 pm

White Knighting the Dark Knight. *slow clap*

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Thu May 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Hans, bubby, I’m your white knight.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:14 am

Just because he can act doesn't mean he'd be a good fit for Batman.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 17, 2019 6:30 am

I like it. He's been doing some crazy stuff with David Cronenberg lately. He was good in lost citz of z. He has a good looking mug that will fit in that cowl nicely.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:49 am

I disagree. I think he'll be the next George Clooney Batman.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri May 17, 2019 7:00 am

I disagree. I think he'll be the next George Clooney Batman.
He’s got a lot of steroids in his future if he’s going to fill out the suit.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 17, 2019 7:38 am

eh, I don't know, he's slightly bigger than Christian Bale and that was fine. It could have been Aaron Taylor-Johnson, so be happy.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:43 am

Hans, bubby, I’m your white knight.
:thumb: :lol:

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:43 am

Yeah, well, you're wrong. :)

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 17, 2019 7:53 am

got a nice bottle of wine for date night last night and put on this little movie called Road House (wife has never seen it). By the time the credits rolled to the sweet smoky voice of Mr. Healey, we both looked at each other and proclaimed at the same time:

"I'm still trying to figure out how that didn't win multiple Oscars?"
"That was terrible!"

I dare any person (man or woman) to not succumb to the seduction of Dalton in Emmet's barn loft with Otis playing and him cornering you like that, geez.

I don't know what kind of world this movie exists in, but it's an insane one. I love the myth of the cooler and how crazy these bars and towns are, it's ridiculous. Dean Cundey does a marvelous job shooting this masterpiece and Michael Kamen has to be one of the most underrated American composers in film, just amazing work.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 am

got a nice bottle of wine for date night last night and put on this little movie called Road House (wife has never seen it). By the time the credits rolled to the sweet smoky voice of Mr. Healey, we both looked at each other and proclaimed at the same time:

"That was terrible!"

I dare any person (man or woman) to not succumb to the seduction of Dalton in Emmet's barn loft with Otis playing and him cornering you like that, geez.

I don't know what kind of world this movie exists in, but it's an insane one. I love the myth of the cooler and how crazy these bars and towns are, it's ridiculous. Dean Cundey does a marvelous job shooting this masterpiece and Michael Kamen has to be one of the most underrated American composers in film, just amazing work.
Honest question eddy, how many times do you think you've seen this film? :)

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 am

TIL the director of Road House was a man named "Rowdy Harrington". He is from Pittsburgh and attended PSU, and is also known for directing Striking Distance (which makes sense). His contributions to the film world were small, but significant.

Jim

Movie Thread

Postby Jim » Fri May 17, 2019 8:07 am

"That was terrible!"

Sam Elliot's character was awesome. When he shows up at the bar for the fist time and "mispronounces" it, great. Then he eventually makes his way out back where Swayze is getting beat up. Instead of jumping in he just makes a few wise cracks first. I've been lucky enough to use the "Hurts, don't it..." line.

They were going to do a remake with Ronda Rousey, but after she got he butt handed to her twice in the UFC, and after her handful of not-good acting gigs, they nixed it. Thankfully.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:11 am

TIL the director of Road House was a man named "Rowdy Harrington". He is from Pittsburgh and attended PSU, and is also known for directing Striking Distance (which makes sense). His contributions to the film world were small, but significant.
:thumb: He was also on an episode of Mr Rogers back in the 70s. I bet I've seen it 30-40 times. Dirty Dancing, Road House, Next of Kin, Ghost and Point Break over 4 years for Pat is just mind blowing to me. He's just the epitome of cool for me.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 am

"That was terrible!"

Sam Elliot's character was awesome. When he shows up at the bar for the fist time and "mispronounces" it, great. Then he eventually makes his way out back where Swayze is getting beat up. Instead of jumping in he just makes a few wise cracks first. I've been lucky enough to use the "Hurts, don't it..." line.

They were going to do a remake with Ronda Rousey, but after she got he butt handed to her twice in the UFC, and after her handful of not-good acting gigs, they nixed it. Thankfully.
Pat is so cool in this movie, but it's awesome how Sam's character is the ultimate legend.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:21 am

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:24 am