Movie Thread

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 09, 2022 3:58 pm

Joker in the Hannibal Lecter Silence of the Lambs role would've been interesting. I get why they cut that scene but I wouldn't mind if they returned to that formula for part 2.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 09, 2022 5:45 pm

I understand Joker fatigue, but Batman without Joker just isn't the same. I do like the idea of a background Joker. Small snippets of screen time, becoming more and more maniacal and deformed during his stay in Arkham.
Look at the video games. Death isn't the barrier it used to be. ;)
Whether by design or just a production oversight, in the deleted scene there are paperclips in the folder that Bruce hands to "Unnamed Arkham Inmate" that are no longer there when he hands the folder back. Could already be setting the stage for his eventual escape.
Potentially a very good catch. That's not necessarily the type of thing to get jostled or displaced in continuity. Does the camera closeup on the folder?

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 09, 2022 7:10 pm

I understand Joker fatigue, but Batman without Joker just isn't the same. I do like the idea of a background Joker. Small snippets of screen time, becoming more and more maniacal and deformed during his stay in Arkham.
Look at the video games. Death isn't the barrier it used to be. ;)
Whether by design or just a production oversight, in the deleted scene there are paperclips in the folder that Bruce hands to "Unnamed Arkham Inmate" that are no longer there when he hands the folder back. Could already be setting the stage for his eventual escape.
Potentially a very good catch. That's not necessarily the type of thing to get jostled or displaced in continuity. Does the camera closeup on the folder?

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:10 am

Let the dodinting begin. Loved the first one and am very excited for these

This is going to be visually breathtaking, and I absolutely look forward to seeing it in IMAX.

Pavel Bure

Movie Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue May 10, 2022 1:32 pm

Rewatched Batman and Batman Returns the past couple days. Those two still hold up IMO. Very entertaining, just the right amount of camp. Nicholson actually kills it as the Joker. Just super atmospheric and doesn’t drag in either movie.

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu May 12, 2022 2:09 pm

Watched Lynches Dune with the kids. Daughter read the book, so she knew what was happening. Everyone else said it's really weird. I liked it very much. His sets were pretty awesome. While the music was good, I wonder if Toto was what he actually wanted? A lot of it felt like watching an old epic like ten commandments or something like that.
Wife and I watched it this week. Can't say I liked it, but did have a pretty good laugh at times. Once I told my wife that Paul was the mayor from Portlandia she couldn't take him seriously anymore. Personally, I think he nailed the role and was one of the bright spots in the movie.

And what/who was the thing that looked like a fetus with spice and lightning bolts shooting out of it's vajayjay-mouth? I don't remember that being in the book at all, and definitely wasn't in the new Dune movie.

It's amazing the movie bombed with a cast like that. I think the main issue is they went a little to weird with the Harkonenns and all the in between special effects that had no place in the movie. Lynch was definitely consuming mushrooms when he made this.

The Toto music was good. Not sure I'd say the overall score was better than the new Dune. Just that single bass note from the new Dune resonated with me for a few days after.

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:43 pm

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu May 12, 2022 3:42 pm

I saw Spinal Tap in concert like 20 years ago. It was tremendous, and everything I could've possibly wanted from such a show....... especially considering they opened for themselves as The Folksman, and the show was sponsored by 'Endure' adult diapers (“Keeping Spinal Tap Dry and Loud”; 18" tell Stonehenge had a diaper)

They brought out half a dozen guest musicians for the finale, and they all played bass on Big Bottom..

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:33 pm

Re The Batman

Started watching it last night, and got up to the scene where they interrogate Penguin ("URL"). I have such thoughts, but will wait until my viewing is complete.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 13, 2022 6:50 am

Watched Lynches Dune with the kids. Daughter read the book, so she knew what was happening. Everyone else said it's really weird. I liked it very much. His sets were pretty awesome. While the music was good, I wonder if Toto was what he actually wanted? A lot of it felt like watching an old epic like ten commandments or something like that.
Wife and I watched it this week. Can't say I liked it, but did have a pretty good laugh at times. Once I told my wife that Paul was the mayor from Portlandia she couldn't take him seriously anymore. Personally, I think he nailed the role and was one of the bright spots in the movie.

And what/who was the thing that looked like a fetus with spice and lightning bolts shooting out of it's vajayjay-mouth? I don't remember that being in the book at all, and definitely wasn't in the new Dune movie.

It's amazing the movie bombed with a cast like that. I think the main issue is they went a little to weird with the Harkonenns and all the in between special effects that had no place in the movie. Lynch was definitely consuming mushrooms when he made this.

The Toto music was good. Not sure I'd say the overall score was better than the new Dune. Just that single bass note from the new Dune resonated with me for a few days after.
I'm pretty sure that was a guild navigator and they are in the book. If you watch his other movies, you will see many other "things" that could be related to that. I also don't think he does drugs and uses meditation to get to that place where psychedelics can get you.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 15, 2022 5:36 pm

I enjoyed The Northman. It was exactly what I expected it to be, which is a good thing.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon May 16, 2022 10:04 am

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:20 am

HELL **** YEAH

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:19 am

I am seriously considering giving ScreenX a shot for Top Gun.

https://screenrant.com/top-gun-maverick-screenx/

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed May 18, 2022 8:31 am

Wonder if the rangos theater in science center is considered screenX?

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:45 am

You can check Regal's website to see which ones offer it. My local Regal has every type of screen they offer.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed May 18, 2022 10:13 am

Unfortunately no regals around me. I'd probably take the kids out of school for top gun, it looks rad as hell.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed May 18, 2022 3:50 pm

A new George Miller movie? Hell yeah

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Wed May 18, 2022 10:01 pm

I enjoyed The Northman. It was exactly what I expected it to be, which is a good thing.
Certainly one to catch in theaters. I don't think it would hold up as well on the smaller screen.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu May 19, 2022 6:35 am

:)
Certainly one to catch in theaters. I don't think it would hold up as well on the smaller screen.
Looking forward to this. Pre-ordered the 4k disc, but I'd love to see it in theaters. Don't think I'll get a chance though

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:40 am

I dunno, I think it was fine on my 75" screen, personally. Worth seeing on any screen to me.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Thu May 19, 2022 9:38 am

A new George Miller movie? Hell yeah

Man do I hate teasers for the trailer.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:39 am

Source of the post Man do I hate teasers for the trailer.
Yeah, just show the damn trailer. So dumb.

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Thu May 19, 2022 11:15 am

I dunno, I think it was fine on my 75" screen, personally. Worth seeing on any screen to me.
I mean that's true, if you've got a killer sound system and a big 'ol screen you're fine. Most have the latter nowadays, not everyone has the former.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:04 pm

Yeah, I was reluctant to devote 3 hrs of cinema time to The Batman, and now that I've seen it on the TV I really wish I had.