Movie Thread

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:19 pm

I hope Orcas play a big role in the conclusion of the film.

Morkle

Movie Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 pm

New Jumanji was actually funnier than I thought it would be. That was my first Kevin Hart / Rock combo movie and I thought they were really good together.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Nathan Fillion (longtime fan preference for the role) as Nathan Drake in an Uncharted fan film.

OutofFoil

Movie Thread

Postby OutofFoil » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:12 pm

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:14 pm

FAKE NEWS.

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Ant-Man and the Wasp was alot of fun. Ending tied into Infinty Wars.
Really enjoyed it. the Luis character really adds to the movie, super funny.
At least 3 of them culled by Thanos. How the F is Scott getting back out of the quantum realm? I assume that the "quantum healing particles" that he was collecting will become a key plot element in making the universe right again.
Yes to all of the above.
probably the best use of the mid-credits scene to date...

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:44 pm

I was generally bored by Antman & the Wasp. Luis was the high point for sure as was the mid-credit scene.

The ghost did nothing for me.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:47 pm

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:48 pm

I’m all in on that.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 pm

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Should also note that Fox News left a vital bit of context out (what a shocker). Willis was taping his own Comedy Central roast and ended his rebuttal with that line, which is in the story. But he quickly added "It's a goddamned Bruce Willis movie." Which was not in the story.

And in my otherwise superb defense of Die Hard as a Christmas movie (hereinafter "DHAACM"), I have repeatedly focused on why Hans Gruber et al were there without considering why McClane was there. John and Holly were separated; what could get them to call a truce and be a family for a few days better than Saturnalia?

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Should also note that Fox News left a vital bit of context out (what a shocker). Willis was taping his own Comedy Central roast and ended his rebuttal with that line, which is in the story. But he quickly added "It's a goddamned Bruce Willis movie." Which was not in the story.

And in my otherwise superb defense of Die Hard as a Christmas movie (hereinafter "DHAACM"), I have repeatedly focused on why Hans Gruber et al were there without considering why McClane was there. John and Holly were separated; what could get them to call a truce and be a family for a few days better than Saturnalia?
You the real MVP on this topic, tif. :thumb:

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:44 pm

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:47 am

Nathan Fillion (longtime fan preference for the role) as Nathan Drake in an Uncharted fan film.

I shared this clip in the video game thread and was like, "You know, this is actually pretty okay." I especially liked the way it shifted to the over-the-shoulder 3rd person angle during the shooty bits. And the part where Nate holds off el Tigre actually rang true to the series. But the thought of hearing those characters voiced by anyone other than Nolan, Emily, and Richard is really conflicting.

Having just finished UC4, I kinda don't want a live-action installment. If they went into production at any point up to about a year ago, I'd be okay with it. But now that the series is completely done and dusted..... just let it be.

The Last Of Us, otoh...............

OutofFoil

Movie Thread

Postby OutofFoil » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:20 am

Don’t kill the messenger. Just found what the star of the movie had to say about it and thought I’d share it. I’d be inclined to trust what someone, you know, actually involved with the project over some tinfoil fanboy fanfic alternative narrative theory. But, it’s still a somewhat free country so one can believe what they want.

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:48 am

Red Sparrow was garbage. I'm interested in reading the book, because I bet there was too much to put into a 2.5 hour film.

J. Law's accent bothered me, and I didn't care about the other characters enough to get invested in any of them.

The last 30 minutes, as someone else has said, was pretty cool deception/spycraft...but the road getting there was rough.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:57 am

Don’t kill the messenger. Just found what the star of the movie had to say about it and thought I’d share it. I’d be inclined to trust what someone, you know, actually involved with the project over some tinfoil fanboy fanfic alternative narrative theory. But, it’s still a somewhat free country so one can believe what they want.
Well, the screenwriter says it's a Christmas movie, as it's adapted from a book that pretty overtly uses the holiday to juxtapose the hero's condition. And when they showed up on set the first day, the film's producer predicted the movie would become a holiday staple. So there's that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... 2b069aa523

Lemon Berry Lobster

Movie Thread

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Told yinz it ain't a Christmas movie.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:48 pm

That fan film is bad ass, and that is so cool that Fillion did that. Love that Stephen Lang is in it as well.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 pm

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:06 pm

That doesn't look great

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:21 pm

It sure doesn't. I would be far more interested in a hard documentary on Freddie Mercury than this fluff film.

OutofFoil

Movie Thread

Postby OutofFoil » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Well, the screenwriter says it's a Christmas movie, as it's adapted from a book that pretty overtly uses the holiday to juxtapose the hero's condition. And when they showed up on set the first day, the film's producer predicted the movie would become a holiday staple. So there's that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... 2b069aa523

Fair enough, just like to stir the pot a bit on something as inconsequential as this. Next question, Does it have to be Christmas? What about Hanukkah? Maybe the CEO just was newly appointed and it was the all hands meet and greet that just happened in December and had nothing to do with the holidays? On the other hand, could it be a gritty reboot of the Grinch? Hans = Grinch. CEO=Mayor of Whoville. Holly=Cindy Lou Who. And our hero=Cindy’s dad trying to save her from the evil Grinch’s clutches and the Grinch gets thrown off a cliff in the gritty remake ala Hans falling to his death, then and only then will all be right in Whoville. Think about it. :-D

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:28 pm

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 am