Movie Thread

shmenguin

Movie Thread

Postby shmenguin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:03 am

I was hoping they would get Uma's followup in that same article. Quentin can speak until he's blue in the face (and he will) but it doesn't really matter if Uma doesn't back up his response. She did post this on her instagram:
ithurman: i post this clip to memorialize it’s full exposure in the nyt by Maureen Dowd.
the circumstances of this event were negligent to the point of criminality.
i do not believe though with malicious intent.
Quentin Tarantino, was deeply regretful and remains remorseful about this sorry event, and gave me the footage years later so i could expose it and let it see the light of day, regardless of it most likely being an event for which justice will never be possible.
he also did so with full knowledge it could cause him personal harm, and i am proud of him for doing the right thing and for his courage.
THE COVER UP after the fact is UNFORGIVABLE.
for this i hold Lawrence Bender, E. Bennett Walsh, and the notorious Harvey Weinstein solely responsible.
they lied, destroyed evidence, and continue to lie about the permanent harm they caused and then chose to suppress.
the cover up did have malicious intent, and shame on these three for all eternity.
CAA never sent anyone to Mexico.
i hope they look after other clients more respectfully if they in fact want to do the job for which they take money with any decency.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Be0x6OCFRwQ ... y=ithurman
This #MeToo movement about stunt execution in major motion pictures doesn't seem as likely to catch on.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Movie Thread

Postby meow » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:07 am

women drivers, amirite?

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

Three Billboards was not what I was expecting it to be. It had some really good moments, and excellent performances, but it was a little off for me.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 am

Skull Poop L has won the day, again.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 am

That was a pretty amazing trailer.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Movie Thread

Postby count2infinity » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am

I had to look up the mustache reference... shots fired. :lol:

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:08 am

Terry Crews, who was never announced as being part of the cast, is totally walking out of the back of the plane with Deadpool and Domino.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 am

Yep, saw that it was confirmed to be him, as well.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:02 pm

so is that X Force?

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 pm

In a lot of the reviews for Black Panther (positive ones), I'm hearing phrases like "politically charged", "a great statement on gender and racial identity" , etc. The movie looks great, and I certainly don't mind social commentary woven into movies (especially science fiction), but I'm hoping it's not hitting you over the head with it.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 am

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am

What does he mumble about in that one?

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:09 am

Phantom Thread is a solid slow-burn. Very restrained, with most everything simmering just below the surface. Johnny Greenwood's score is phenomenal -- I recommend downloading "House of Woodcock" in particular. This along with Blade Runner 2049 are my two good "mood movies" for the year, in that many elements of the plot seem secondary to the way in which they're presented, and you leave not dwelling as much on specific plot points as you are just sifting through whatever state-of-mind you're in.
Quite a tough movie to get your head around, I thought the humor was great. The climax was a trip, but couldn't really tell what the point was
Right? Yeah, I'm not sure there really was a "point" to be made, honestly. More of a "come along for the ride" type of experience, I think.
finally got around to watching last night. Score is my favorite thing about this movie. I thought it went by fast and kept me actively engaged, but by the end, I can't really say why I liked it or didn't like it. My first thought to my wife was I don't think I liked that movie, but I would keep watching it if it was still on. There was nothing bad about the movie, everything was very well done. I like movies like this the more I think about it. I couldn't stop seeing Meryl Streep in the main actress.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:10 am

What does he mumble about in that one?

he's the best.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:14 am

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:44 am

Meh. Is that Tom Hardy's "normal guy" voice? Because it sounds weird. Maybe I'm just too used to British Tom Hardy, Bane Tom Hardy, Tough Guy Tom Hardy, and Incomprehensible Tom Hardy.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:59 am

Alfie Solomons Tom Hardy should be his character in every movie moving forward.

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 am

Yes.

I need to look into Venom, the character. I thought it was the alien suited version of Spiderman. But I guess not. :?

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

Yes.

I need to look into Venom, the character. I thought it was the alien suited version of Spiderman. But I guess not. :?
Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes are the comics the movie is based around.

meecrofilm

Movie Thread

Postby meecrofilm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Phantom Thread is a solid slow-burn. Very restrained, with most everything simmering just below the surface. Johnny Greenwood's score is phenomenal -- I recommend downloading "House of Woodcock" in particular. This along with Blade Runner 2049 are my two good "mood movies" for the year, in that many elements of the plot seem secondary to the way in which they're presented, and you leave not dwelling as much on specific plot points as you are just sifting through whatever state-of-mind you're in.
Quite a tough movie to get your head around, I thought the humor was great. The climax was a trip, but couldn't really tell what the point was
Right? Yeah, I'm not sure there really was a "point" to be made, honestly. More of a "come along for the ride" type of experience, I think.
finally got around to watching last night. Score is my favorite thing about this movie. I thought it went by fast and kept me actively engaged, but by the end, I can't really say why I liked it or didn't like it. My first thought to my wife was I don't think I liked that movie, but I would keep watching it if it was still on. There was nothing bad about the movie, everything was very well done. I like movies like this the more I think about it. I couldn't stop seeing Meryl Streep in the main actress.
Seems like the three of us reached a natural consensus regarding this one :P

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:36 pm

The Post was very well done, nothing earth shattering. Nixon was a miserable bastard, nothing new there.

I liked how Spielberg ends the film almost shot for shot with the beginning of All the President's Men, almost like it's a prequel.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Seems like the three of us reached a natural consensus regarding this one :P
:fist: I was also surprised at how much I laughed. Reynolds Woodcock was an absurd character!

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to play the Clown Prince of Crime in Warner Bros. and Todd Phillips’ untitled Joker origin movie.

While studio negotiations are not yet underway, Phillips has made it clear that Phoenix is the top choice to star and sources now tell Variety that, after thinking it over, Phoenix has agreed to the role. WB had no comment.

Phillips is on board to co-write and direct the movie. Phillips had met with Phoenix before the new year and was just waiting for the studio’s go-ahead, sources say.
:o

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Not approve.