Movie Thread

PFiDC

Movie Thread

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 pm

That'll be a yes from me

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:57 pm

Just tried looking at 15 different places to get a DVD or Blu Ray of Dirty Work... No dice.
Amazon has it on DVD for $45.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:59 pm

Just tried looking at 15 different places to get a DVD or Blu Ray of Dirty Work... No dice.
Pretty sure it's on HBO

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Pretty sure it's on HBO
It is. You can also buy a digital version on basically every platform for about $15.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:03 pm

It is completely normal for the key art in movie marketing to showcase above-the-line talent, be it actors or directors or whoever.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Movie Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:47 am

I don't know why, but this picture made me laugh

Looks like Castaway but with a dog and a robot instead of Wilson.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:00 am

I think I'm going to introduce the kids to The Matrix this weekend. 9 year old may be a little too young, but those are the perks of having older siblings. I've been itching for a rewatch since that trailer dropped. Should be fun. My old man was big on the home theater setup back in the day and I still remember how fun it was setting everything up for DD5.1 and how many times my mom would yell turn it down.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:02 am

I think I'm going to introduce the kids to The Matrix this weekend. 9 year old may be a little too young, but those are the perks of having older siblings. I've been itching for a rewatch since that trailer dropped. Should be fun. My old man was big on the home theater setup back in the day and I still remember how fun it was setting everything up for DD5.1 and how many times my mom would yell turn it down.
I just rewatched the first one yesterday. Be sure to explain to the kids what pay phones were.

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:09 am

What age did you show LOTR to your children? I had it fired up for my 5 and 7 year old last weekend, only for the 7 year old to get a sudden case of nausea that put that idea on the shelf.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:12 am

What age did you show LOTR to your children? I had it fired up for my 5 and 7 year old last weekend, only for the 7 year old to get a sudden case of nausea that put that idea on the shelf.
My daughter is scare of a lot of stuff, so I don't think I'll ever be able to watch LOTR with her.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:13 am

I just rewatched the first one yesterday. Be sure to explain to the kids what pay phones were.
Make it a double feature with Phone Booth. A movie I own on DVD for some reason.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:14 am

Make it a double feature with Phone Booth. A movie I own on DVD for some reason.
lol, I own Phone Booth, too.

robbiestoupe

Movie Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:17 am

My daughter is scare of a lot of stuff, so I don't think I'll ever be able to watch LOTR with her.
LOTR scarier than Jurassic Park? Maybe the orcs and Sauron, but otherwise?

My main issue is LOTR is probably a good movie for kids. Light enough that they may get a majority of it. Two Towers and ROTK? Even if they aren't scary, it's too "grown up" for them, I think.

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:18 am

My main issue is LOTR is probably a good movie for kids. Light enough that they may get a majority of it. Two Towers and ROTK? Even if they aren't scary, it's too "grown up" for them, I think.
Definitely the Orcs for her.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:25 am

I believe they were 7,9,11ish (two years ago). It's probably their favorite movies now and during the summer they are up watching it first thing almost every day during the week. The entire family has cloaks, tunics, etc and I'm often in the woods playing rings on the weekends. It's awesome.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:27 am

JP was my daughter's favorite movie around 2-3 age, we watched it all the time with lady and the tramp and those were amazing days.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:57 pm

:lol:

My daughter turns eight in October and my wife and I have been having debates about whether or not I can watch Jurassic Park with her.

I will probably wait until 9 or 10 for LOTR, more so because I want her to be able to grasp the intricacies of the story.

PFiDC

Movie Thread

Postby PFiDC » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:55 pm

LOTR isn't what I'd call a "good movie" for kids more based on it's runtime than it's content.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:21 pm

LOTR isn't what I'd call a "good movie" for kids more based on it's runtime than it's content.
Yeah, that's the main reason I want to wait. A lot of stuff would be way over a 7 year old head

Viva la Ben

Movie Thread

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:33 pm

I saw the animated hobbit before I was 10

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 pm

Yeah, they showed the animated The Hobbit in school when I was like in 3rd or 4th grade.

But that's the target audience for The Hobbit. It's a kids book.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Movie Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:47 pm

I just saw the trailer for the new Ghostbusters. The tone was so weird. They made it like a Stranger Things adventure rather than the original’s cheeky charm. I don’t like it

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Movie Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:48 pm

I was 9 when Fellowship came out. seeing all three of the LOTRs in theaters at that age Is maybe the greatest astonishment I’ve ever had with film. Truly magical

PFiDC

Movie Thread

Postby PFiDC » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Just watched Goodfellas again. I counted 8 actors from The Sopranos in that film.

PFiDC

Movie Thread

Postby PFiDC » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:15 pm