Movie Thread

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Jim

Movie Thread

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Having watched that trailer without sound... I have zero idea what the movie is about, except an overindulgence of odd angle shots, and a weird looking kid. Maybe... "Antlers: This is what happens when cousins marry..."

Jim

Movie Thread

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:14 pm

I thought that the next Bond movie was going to be a woman...?

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Source of the post I thought that the next Bond movie was going to be a woman...?
not to spoil the movie, but Danny Craig gets a sex change half way through.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:17 pm

A race change, too.

AuthorTony

Movie Thread

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Saulnier is a genius.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:52 pm

I hope this one doesn't suck.

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 pm

MI: Fallout was awesome!
Rewatching it the last couple of nights (it's 2.5 hours lol) with the kids. It's really the best of all of them. The stunts are insane, Rebecca Ferguson is awesome, great villain.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:05 pm

MI: Fallout was awesome!
Rewatching it the last couple of nights (it's 2.5 hours lol) with the kids. It's really the best of all of them. The stunts are insane, Rebecca Ferguson is awesome, great villain.
Agree with everything you said. Plays really well with Rogue Nation too. I have yet to see Ghost Protocol, how is that?

DigitalGypsy66

Movie Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Ghost Protocol was good too, but the last two have really worked well. Cruise wanted each MI film to stand on its own, but it helps to have the same villain and protagonist(s) from movie to movie (other than Ethan Hunt, Luther, and Benji). Good stuff.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm

I thought that the next Bond movie was going to be a woman...?
The announcement was made while this film was still in production; this is Craig's last turn. The next one up will be be Jane Bond.

shafnutz05

Movie Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:15 pm

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Whoa

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:52 pm

Sony Kills Spider-Man Partnership Deal with Marvel Studios
Marvel Studios will not produce any future Spider-Man films due to a standoff between The Walt Disney Company and Sony Pictures.

According to Deadline, the decision stems from "an inability by Disney and Sony Pictures to reach new terms that would have given the former a co-financing stake going forward." As for the next two currently planned Spider-Man films, both Homecoming and Far From Home director Jon Watts, as well as actor Tom Holland are expected to return. However, Marvel's involvement in the project is doubtful, as Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has been "essentially nixed" by Sony.

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Didn't..... Neo....... he died at the end of the third movie, right?

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Marvel Studios will not produce any future Spider-Man films due to a standoff between The Walt Disney Company and Sony Pictures.

According to Deadline, the decision stems from "an inability by Disney and Sony Pictures to reach new terms that would have given the former a co-financing stake going forward." As for the next two currently planned Spider-Man films, both Homecoming and Far From Home director Jon Watts, as well as actor Tom Holland are expected to return. However, Marvel's involvement in the project is doubtful, as Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has been "essentially nixed" by Sony.
What the ****. **** Sony.

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:00 pm

Welp, if that sticks you can beat your ass Spider-Man 3 is gonna suck. Like Jamie Foxx Electro suck.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 am

Disney raised its price from 5 percent to 50 percent

NTP66

Movie Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 am

Yeah, I'm not sure the rage should be aimed at Disney in this instance.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:19 am

Obviously as a negotiation starting point, but regardless rightfully so. You think Far From Home hits a billion at the global box office if it’s not immediately after Endgame and littered with Tony Stark’s presence? Disney and Marvel Studios made this new Spider-Man franchise what it is. If Sony thinks they’re going to take their ball home and have it play with Venom instead of the MCU and have the same level of success, they’re nuts.

Kane

Movie Thread

Postby Kane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:42 am

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:50 am

Obviously as a negotiation starting point, but regardless rightfully so. You think Far From Home hits a billion at the global box office if it’s not immediately after Endgame and littered with Tony Stark’s presence? Disney and Marvel Studios made this new Spider-Man franchise what it is. If Sony thinks they’re going to take their ball home and have it play with Venom instead of the MCU and have the same level of success, they’re nuts.
Venom did pretty well ($851M) and Sony just won an oscar for their Spiderman. Disney cleans up with merchandise rights. Tom Holland gets to be spiderman for 2 more movies regardless who is getting the money.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am

and I agree with what you are saying, just think this isn't all on Sony

nocera

Movie Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:30 am

Sony is going to get the hate because the story is they pulled away from the negotiating table without making a counter. Also, because it's $ony and let's face it, they deserve most of the hate that comes their way. Plus, let's not forget their last two Spidey movies before Disney took over were god awful.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:34 am

The electro movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I didn't mind the first one and quite liked Andrew Garfield as spidey. I still think it will work itself out, if not I wonder if they look at a live action spiderverse approach?