Police earning the hate

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Then do some **** investigative work instead of coming in guns blazing.
They were attempting to do that. That's why they want all parties to comply, let them ask questions, and figure out what is going on. The man was resisting that. Which would peak my suspicion.

They absolutely had bad policing going on there and probably should be fired regardless if they deem the shooting as reasonable. When the dude started to walk away, they should have tased or taken him down, handcuffed and arrested him. He should have never gotten to the car door and reach in.

But I would have never let him drive away.

willeyeam

Police earning the hate

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:28 pm

You get his plates, get a warrant, and serve the warrant at his residence if he is truly committing a crime.

No one gets shot.

What you don't do is grab his shirt and shoot him in the back 7 times.

I mean, how hard is it to not do that?
If the world was full of butterflies and sparkles, sure.

They were going to a domestic violence call. They let the guy drive off with the kids, he goes home, gets a gun, holes up with the kids and makes the situation 10Xs worse as well as putting the kids in danger is another option that could realistically happen and that they are trying to prevent.

We don't know what is going on in people's mind.
Exactly. Just kill him in case the things going on inside his mind are bad. Better safe than sorry

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Exactly. Just kill him in case the things going on inside his mind are bad. Better safe than sorry
Never said that. I agree it should have never gotten to the guy getting shot.

I'm arguing you also can't just let the guy drive off. If the cops did their job, they would have had him down and cuffed well before he got to that door to reach in.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:38 pm

The man they shot was not one of the parties involved in the dispute, which was between two women. He was there trying to break up the fight.
They don't know that at the time. It's so easy when you have hindsight.

Then do some **** investigative work instead of coming in guns blazing.

You mean like they were trying to do before he walked off and started going into his car?

There is no justification for shooting the man 7 times, potentially no justification for shooting him once... but "Get his plates and get a warrant"??? :twisted:

"...coming in guns blazing..." Did you even watch the video or read any of the story?

Troy Loney

Police earning the hate

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:41 pm

For what purpose did the cop need to subdue this guy in the first place? Why is an arbitrary order from the officer a life or death situation? This is just a disgusting tragedy, and a further reflection of how many insane rambo cops are out there.

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:45 pm

This obviously does not automatically condone the actions of the officers, but:

These charges are not even two months old. This doesn't change the fact that they should have taken him down prior to it escalating to that extent, but it also makes me a lot more skeptical of how he is being portrayed as a "peacemaker" by MR in here and other people that are protesting this. If the police did run his name and found out he had arrest warrants out for felony sexual assault and other domestic charges, that would also explain why they didn't want him getting in the car and driving away with a child inside, would it not?

I'll actually throw it back to MR25 now...your argument was that a couple people "probably" told the cops that he was just breaking a fight up so they should have just let him get in the car and drive away with the child inside. Do you still believe that, or do you at least now admit that they had a reason to tell him NOT to get in? People with outstanding felony warrants do extremely desperate things, and if he would have gotten into the car and sped away, it would have led directly to a police chase in which the child inside was at an extremely high risk of getting killed.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:54 pm

I just want to remind everyone that there was an arrest last week, where nobody was hurt, nobody was threatened, nobody's was knelt on, nobody was tazed... the right guy was arrested quickly and without incident... and MR25 wanted people fired. You are trying to have a rational discussion with someone that does not have a rational point of view.

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that the Jacob Blake there is the same one that got shot?

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:03 pm

And even if it is the same guy, how does that justify 7 shots in the back?

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:07 pm

And even if it is the same guy, how does that justify 7 shots in the back?
You are impossible to have a conversation with. Your whole argument from the start of this was that the cops should have just readily believed whatever a couple of witnesses told them. Paraphrasing, "He wasn't doing anything wrong, he was just breaking up a fight!", and let him get in his car and drive away. That they had no reason to detain him.

Nobody is saying that it ever should have gotten to the point where he is getting shot. But YOUR argument was that they should have just left him alone. We have no idea what happened prior to this video, which is always the case when stuff like this happens. How do you know they didn't run his name? Nobody knows what happened prior to this. Unfortunately, in their noble wisdom, the Kenosha police do not wear badge cams, which in this day and age is immensely stupid for this very reason.

He had warrants out for his arrest. I am going to go out on a giant limb here and guess that it is the same person as in the criminal record, and deep down you know it probably is too. If he gets in that car, he is a fugitive running from certain jail time. With three children in the back seat (I am going to guess they weren't belted in either). Do you think it is smart to just let him drive away, and then try and go find him again and politely ask him to turn himself in

PFiDC

Police earning the hate

Postby PFiDC » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:10 pm

What were those warrants for?

Edit: NM. I used my reading skills...

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:12 pm

I'm going off of the accounts I heard and read. All were provided in print media, not just tweets.

You're digging into this guy's history and pulling warrants to justify cops shooting him in the back.

Yet I'm difficult to have a conversation with? You've already made up your mind about him. You did the same thing with the George Floyd incident. It's so goddamn transparent, shad.

PFiDC

Police earning the hate

Postby PFiDC » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:13 pm

I'm 100% positive he was leaving so as not to be arrested. As Shad said this is a case of poor training and (adding my own) poor hiring practices.

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:15 pm

He was also arrested in 2015 for pulling a loaded gun in a bar, resisting arrest, assaulting an officer, etc. But that was a separate incident than the one I am referencing above. And given the recent charges from early July, it sure doesn't seem like he has changed his ways.

It's just irritating to see the immediate narrative come in like clockwork every time. "He is a loving father of his children, just wanted to go check on them, didn't do anything wrong", etc. The cops fcked up very badly in this scenario but this story is being portrayed in a very biased fashion right now due to the post-BLM climate we are all living in.

PFiDC

Police earning the hate

Postby PFiDC » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:16 pm

I mean, Shad, he was shot 7 times in the back. We're not taking about a single shot at an armed suspect fleeing police. He put 7 rounds into the guys back. What bias is there? 7 rounds dude.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:19 pm

... You've already made up your mind about him. ... It's so goddamn transparent...
:pop:

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:20 pm

I'm going off of the accounts I heard and read. All were provided in print media, not just tweets.

You're digging into this guy's history and pulling warrants to justify cops shooting him in the back.

Yet I'm difficult to have a conversation with? You've already made up your mind about him. You did the same thing with the George Floyd incident. It's so goddamn transparent, shad.
:lol: :lol:

OH MY GOD DUDE, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT THE COPS F'ED UP SEVERELY HERE?

As much as you give it to nobody, you are honestly as bad as him sometimes. You still haven't answered my question. You came into this demanding to know why the officers didn't just let him leave without incident, because a couple of witnesses *may* have told them that he didn't do anything and was just breaking up a fight.

I am asking you if you still believe that they should have just let him drive away with his children, surely fleeing arrest for the outstanding warrants he had out there. When I and several others said that he should have been tased or taken down with non-lethal means, you said even THAT was too much. That they should have just let him ignore them and drive away.

At least I am willing to see both sides of the issue. Do I need to pull up the dozens of times I have excoriated law enforcement in here for their disgusting actions? Forgive me that I take issue with the consistently one-sided narrative you are pushing because of your own feelings about law enforcement. You are pushing a narrative that is to one extreme here and I am presenting facts that put that narrative into question. NOBODY is saying that the shooting should have happened. So stop with the strawman arguments.

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:22 pm

I mean, Shad, he was shot 7 times in the back. We're not taking about a single shot at an armed suspect fleeing police. He put 7 rounds into the guys back. What bias is there? 7 rounds dude.
I completely agree. The officer should be fired at a minimum (which I've already stated), and possibly charged for excessive force. This was a complete and utter training breakdown and it should have never gotten to that point. My issue is when MR25 comes in and says that the cops should automatically just believe everyone and take everything at face value, when he has absolutely zero clue what happened beforehand, what Jacob Blake's history was, etc.

That and the shooting are two separate issues. The second shouldn't have happened, because they should have ended the situation earlier.

Troy Loney

Police earning the hate

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Chalk me up for not understanding the argument.

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:36 pm

I completely agree. The officer should be fired at a minimum (which I've already stated), and possibly charged for excessive force. This was a complete and utter training breakdown and it should have never gotten to that point. My issue is when MR25 comes in and says that the cops should automatically just believe everyone and take everything at face value, when he has absolutely zero clue what happened beforehand, what Jacob Blake's history was, etc.

That and the shooting are two separate issues. The second shouldn't have happened, because they should have ended the situation earlier.
How many times have we watched COPS or Live PD, and the police pull up, ask if someone has drugs on them, and then they searched them and find drugs on them. People lie. That's why the cops want to get the full story and talk to everyone individually to see if the stories jive. You don't just believe everyone on the street at the scene. People lie to not get in trouble. Especially if they have warrants out for their arrest or have criminal history.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Bingo ^^^
Not quite yet, but we're getting closer.

Last edited by Shyster on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:43 pm

Forgive me for not immediately taking the side of cops, who have a penchant for needlessly escalating situations involving black people, in a situation where an officer held a dude and shot him in the back 7 times.
This. This. This.

Cops lie all the time. They lie in affidavits. They lie on warrant applications. They lie in police reports. They lie on the witness stand. Law enforcement officers lie so frequently that officers have coined a word for it: testilying.

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:14 pm

MR25 and Shyster, the dynamic duo of blind police hate!

Gaucho

Police earning the hate

Postby Gaucho » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:25 pm

"blind"

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:38 pm

I've actually been on record repeatedly agreeing with Shyster and his assessment of modern day policing. I thought we were referring specifically to this case and the way MR was presenting it.