Police earning the hate

Troy Loney

Police earning the hate

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:48 am

Amber Guyger found guilty, I'm not sure what defense she mounted, but it couldn't have extended beyond begging for pity.

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:16 pm

Thank goodness. The fact that her former police chief was willing to testify that the shooting was justified is revolting.

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Gee,

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/b ... index.html

I wonder what happened. Ambushed and shot in the mouth. Subtle.

tifosi77

Police earning the hate

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:38 pm

That's about as subtle as the shoot-everyone-in-the-head-and-then-have-an-actual-rat-run-across-the-screen ending of The Departed.

Troy Loney

Police earning the hate

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:43 pm

This was definitely not the Dallas pd.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Police earning the hate

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:20 pm

I am 100% sure this was an intentional act by the police.

mac5155

Police earning the hate

Postby mac5155 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:37 pm

For the first time in my life I went through some sort or check point this morning. There were 8 state troopers lined on the road and they came over to my vehicle. Asked me for my license and thanked me for wearing my seat belt. I don't know what they were looking for but I was happy I didn't have it.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:49 pm

For the first time in my life I went through some sort or check point this morning. There were 8 state troopers lined on the road and they came over to my vehicle. Asked me for my license and thanked me for wearing my seat belt. I don't know what they were looking for but I was happy I didn't have it.

It was probably a seat belt check.

Cops... stopping crime and making your life safer!!!

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Not wearing a seatbelt is a secondary offense for adults in PA, you need some other infraction to occur first to give an adult a ticket for a seatbelt violation. So if it was a seatbelt check they were spending 8 Trooper salaries to only check minors for seatbelts, and if one is found to be out of compliance it's a $10+fees ticket.

mac5155

Police earning the hate

Postby mac5155 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Yeah, it didn't really make sense to me. I could see DUI but not at 8AM on a Wednesday.

If it was a safety check, my tires are way past due for replacement. But he didn't care about those.

It was in a shady area, so I was thinking they're phishing for drugs.

tifosi77

Police earning the hate

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Second of three suspects arrested in Joshua Brown shooting investigation
After days of speculation surrounding the shooting of Joshua Brown, a witness in the Amber Guyger trial, Dallas police identified three suspects Tuesday in connection with Brown's death.

Tuesday evening, NBC News reported that the second of the three, Michael Diaz Mitchell, had been taken into custody in Louisiana. Dallas police later confirmed that he had been taken into custody by U.S. marshals in Marksville, La.

Earlier that day, Assistant Chief Avery Moore said that one of the suspects, Jacquerious Mitchell, 20, was in custody at Parkland Hospital.

During that news conference, held at Dallas police headquarters, officials said Brown was fatally shot Friday in a drug deal gone bad at an apartment complex on Cedar Springs Road. All three suspects came from Alexandria, La., to purchase drugs from him, police said.

The third suspect, Thaddeous Charles Green, 22, remains at large.
It is a 5-hour drive from Alexandria, LA to Dallas. Nowhere in between are there any drugs, apparently.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:04 pm

... it's a $10+fees ticket.

So $375?

mac5155

Police earning the hate

Postby mac5155 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:51 pm

... it's a $10+fees ticket.

So $375?
qft
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 pm

2 Detroit cops charged with home invasion
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 566750002/

Two Detroit cops go to man's home looking for a suspect. They do not have a search warrant. The owner says the suspect isn't there and tells them to come back with a warrant if they want to search the house. The cops kick down the door, slap the owner in cuffs, search his house without a warrant, and then arrest him. Their actions were so egregious that both have now been charged with home invasion and misconduct in office. One of the two officers was honored in 2012 by former President Barack Obama with the National Association of Police Organizations "Top Cops" award, which clearly indicates that knowledge of the Fourth Amendment is not a prerequisite to one winning that award.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Chester Township Family Suing After Being Arrested For Loitering Outside Of Their Own Home

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:43 pm

NYPD Special Victims detective arrested for molesting 12-year-old girl
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html
An NYPD detective responsible for keeping tabs on city sex offenders found himself behind bars for molesting a 12-year-old girl, police said Saturday.

Det. Juan Jimenez, 37, was arrested at 7 p.m. Friday after he was accused of sexually abusing the child, his daughter’s friend, cops said.

Jimenez was babysitting his daughter and her pal in his Brooklyn home over the summer when he allegedly groped and tried to kiss the girl.

Jimenez is assigned to the NYPD’s Sex Offender Monitoring Unit in Manhattan Criminal Court, where sex offenders living in the city are supposed to register after being released.

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:53 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/te ... e-n1065451
Texas police officer shoots woman to death inside her home
A Fort Worth police officer checking out a residence with an open door opened fire on a 28-year-old woman inside her home.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:07 am

More on that story:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fort- ... index.html
In the body camera video, when the officers first arrive at the house, the door is open and the lights are on, but no one can be seen.

The officers then walk around the home and into the dark holding a flashlight. At some point, one of them quickly approaches a window with his weapon drawn.

Within seconds, the officer yells, "Put your hands up! Show me your hands!" and fires through the window. He does not identify himself as a police officer before firing his weapon.

So the police show up, do not announce themselves, do not knock, do not ring the doorbell. Instead, they skulk around the outside of the house. One cop walks up to a window, yells "Put your hands up! Show me your hands!" and then almost immediately fires a shot. From that woman's perspective, she never even knew that was a cop. She sees flashlights outside, a shadowy figure appears in her window, the shadow yells something, and she dies. In her own home.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Georgia Woman Files Federal Suit Against Churchill Police For Claim Of False Arrest
Rebecca Suits says she was taking a walk when she was stopped

https://kdkaradio.radio.com/articles/ge ... ill-police
PITTSBURGH (Newsradio 1020 KDKA) - A woman visiting the Pittsburgh area last month has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against Churchill Borough and its Police Officer Stephen Shaulis.

Rebecca Suits of Brunswick, Georgia was arrested by Officer Shaulis September 23 and was labeled suspicious by a 911 caller, she says she was just out for a walk that day on Black Forest Drive.

Suits, who was in town taking care of her godmother, says she was stopped by Officer Shaulis and was asked produce identification because there were reports of someone squatting in the neighborhood.

Suits refused and walked back to her godmother’s house in Wilkinsburg when she was arrested.

“I’ve never, ever had an encounter with police before in my life,” said Suits. “Being arrested, wanted, anything.”

Suits was on the phone video chatting with her husband David Burkett during the walk and saw or heard most of the incident.

Suits, who is African American, says she suffered bruising during the arrest and has filed a lawsuit alleging unlawful detention, excessive force and more.

The lawsuit filed by Suits claims Shaulis told her if she would have just “respected the Badge” she would’ve been fine.

Shaulis, a former resource officer for Woodland Hills School District, cost the district $500,000 after five former students filed suit against the district in 2017.

The students claimed Shaulis physically attacked them of different occasions.

Last edited by Shyster on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks; fixed.

Dickie Dunn

Police earning the hate

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Shaulis, a former resource officer for Woodland Hills School District, cost the district $500,000 after five former students filed suit against the district in 2017.
How the **** does that guy get a job in law enforcement?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Police earning the hate

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:16 pm

In law enforcement? You mean law enforcement in Churchill? WHICH ALSO HAPPENS TO BE PART OF THE WOODLAND HILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT.

Law enforcement culture needs a serious overhaul

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:16 pm

How the **** does that guy get a job in law enforcement?
Why It's So Hard to Stop Bad Cops From Getting New Police Jobs
Efforts to track decertified cops are stymied by police union pressure and local control.

https://reason.com/2016/09/30/why-its-s ... s-from-ge/

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:19 pm

I'm currently enduring a PA Bar Exam Character and Fitness review.
Also, I have a TS clearance with FedGov.
Both are pretty invasive relative to something like a job interview.
But they both protect the public trust.
And the stuff they can uncover can be discovered pretty easily.

An organization that conducts investigations as a core duty should be able to handle it pretty easily. You know. Like a police department.

If they wanted too.

But, that might hurt their own ability to get jobs someday. And recruiting is tough.

So, here we are.