Police earning the hate

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Georgia Southern QB Cops Mistook Bird Poo for Cocaine ... Arrest Video Shows
https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/09/georgia- ... -poo-video

Because when I see a smear of while gunk on a car hood, why of course my first thought is that it must be cocaine.

Even setting that arrest aside, the police also illegally searched his car without a warrant, permission, or probable cause.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Police violence is now the 6th leading cause of death for young US men: New data reveal huge surge in cop killings - and black men under 30 are 2.5 times more likely to be killed
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... finds.html

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Local cow shot, killed by law enforcement
https://wtov9.com/news/local/local-cow- ... nforcement
Bitsy, who has been on the loose for several days was shot and killed by law enforcement officers.

The cow became a social media sensation after being spotted in several bizarre locations in and around Brooke County.

Early Saturday morning, Bitsy was shot and killed by Brooke County Sheriff's Deputies.

Brooke County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Scott Adams says he can justify the shooting of Bitsy.

"I can rest assured that the public is a lot safer because of the decision that I made," said Adams.

Chief Deputy Adams reasoning - the safety of the public.

"A cow on a roadway is very dangerous," said Adams. "That led us to what occurred on Saturday morning. At that point, it was a matter of public safety. We had to destroy the animal for the best interest of the public."

Don't know about anyone else, but I sure do feel much safer knowing that Bitsy the cow is dead.

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:09 pm

:lol: ""I can rest assured that the public is a lot safer because of the decision that I made," said Adams."

It's alright everyone, the guy that did the questionable shooting says it's okay!

tifosi77

Police earning the hate

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Agree or disagree with the outcome, someone please explain to me why it took five years to terminate a cop for wrongful use of force. (Garner, NYPD)

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Unions.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Unions.

Agreed. Unions are the same reason this Pittsburgh cop who was fired for pointing his gun at a driver in an off-duty road-rage incident not only just got his job back, but he was awarded back pay.

Ruling That Fired Pittsburgh Police Officer Should Be Reinstated Is Upheld
https://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime ... 1908140085?
Officer Kramer was charged with simple assault in connection with that incident and fired from the police force in October 2017. He was acquitted during a jury trial in September 2018.

Cara Cruz, a city public safety spokeswoman, declined Wednesday to comment on Judge Walko’s decision beyond saying it is under review.

Fraternal Order of Police Fort Pitt Lodge No. 1 President Robert Swartzwelder said Wednesday that Officer Kramer was pleased with the judge's ruling but frustrated by the city's continued appeals.

"He’s upset the city won’t comply with these rulings," Officer Swartzwelder said. "He’s personally upset about it because they’re putting him in a dire financial situation. Every time he is successful in court, the city says, 'We don’t care what the judiciary has to say.'"

Hey union prez, maybe the reason the City doesn't want Officer Kramer back on the force is because he demonstrated that he doesn't have the temperament to be a police officer, and the City knows that Kramer will eventually tase/beat/shoot/kill someone and leave the City on the hook for a civil-rights suit.

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Heh:

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:34 pm

I think that case # might be fake...

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ph ... s-n1044626
Philadelphia's embattled police commissioner abruptly resigned Tuesday after weeks of negative headlines for his department and what the mayor said were new allegations of misconduct among members of the Philly PD.

PrinceOfRossTownship

Police earning the hate

Postby PrinceOfRossTownship » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Yikes. You'd think he'd be riding a wave of good publicity after the outcome of the incident there.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Officers more likely to commit violence once given the right to unionize, research shows
https://www.ksat.com/news/defenders/off ... arch-shows

The working paper in question:

Collective Bargaining and Police Misconduct: Evidence from Florida
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3095217
Abstract
Growing controversy surrounds the impact of labor unions on law enforcement behavior. Critics argue that unions impede organizational reform and insulate officers from discipline for misconduct. Yet collective bargaining tends to increase wages, which could improve officer behavior. We provide quasi-experimental empirical evidence on the effects of collective bargaining rights on violent incidents of misconduct. Our empirical strategy exploits a 2003 Florida Supreme Court decision (Williams), which conferred collective bargaining rights on sheriffs’ deputies, resulting in a substantial increase in unionization among these officers. Using a Florida state administrative database of “moral character” violations reported by local agencies between 1996 and 2015, we implement a difference-in-difference approach in which police departments (which were unaffected by Williams) serve as a control group for sheriffs’ offices (SOs). Our estimates imply that collective bargaining rights led to a substantial increase in violent incidents of misconduct among SOs, relative to police departments. The effect of collective bargaining rights is concentrated among SOs that subsequently adopted collective bargaining agreements, and the timing of the adoption of these agreements is associated with increases in violent misconduct. There is also some evidence consistent with a “bargaining in the shadow” effect among SOs that did not unionize.

Willie Kool

Police earning the hate

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm

Unionization of police isn't the problem...

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:24 pm

VIDEO: Fresno police officer punches teen multiple times
https://abc7.com/video-fresno-police-of ... s/5483063/

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:29 pm

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2019/08 ... s-say.html
A Cleveland police officer tried to kidnap a 12-year-old girl waiting for her school bus and urinated on her while he filmed the interaction, prosecutors said.

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2019/08 ... s-say.html
A Cleveland police officer tried to kidnap a 12-year-old girl waiting for her school bus and urinated on her while he filmed the interaction, prosecutors said.
The girl repeatedly refused and Nhiwatiwa initially drove off. He returned about one minute later and recorded himself on his cellphone urinating on the girl, prosecutors said.
What in the ever-loving ****.

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:25 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gerald-goi ... y-2019-08/
A former Houston police officer has been charged with murder in connection with the deadly January drug raid of a home that killed a couple who lived there and injured five officers. Gerald Goines surrendered to authorities Friday afternoon, CBS Houston affiliate KHOU reported.
Initially, Houston police maintained that after officers entered the home, Nicholas tried to take away a shotgun from an officer and was fatally shot by officers who saw what was happening. But an independent review by the family of Nicholas earlier this year cast doubt on that portrayal.

Following the shooting, prosecutors began reviewing more than 2,000 cases tied to Goines and Bryant. In June, prosecutors said their investigation has grown into a probe of 14,000 cases handled by the Houston Police Department's narcotics division.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:36 am

That's like saying tossing gasoline onto the fire isn't a problem.

The unions help prevent proper screening of law enforcement applicants. They help instill a gang mentality to the officers. They shield officers from responsibility for their actions. They force excessive levels of action be taken before corrective measure can be places against an officer.

The unions do not care about the officers being good at their jobs, they don't care about them being bad at their jobs, they do not care if the officers are guilty, they only care about the officer staying employed, and frankly paying their union dues.

Willie Kool

Police earning the hate

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:05 pm

That's like saying tossing gasoline onto the fire isn't a problem.
The gasoline didn't start the fire, and without it there would still be a fire...
The unions help prevent proper screening of law enforcement applicants. They help instill a gang mentality to the officers. They shield officers from responsibility for their actions. They force excessive levels of action be taken before corrective measure can be places against an officer.
Only because politicians, courts, and ultimately the citizenry allow it. Change the contracts/laws as necessary.
The unions do not care about the officers being good at their jobs, they don't care about them being bad at their jobs, they do not care if the officers are guilty, they only care about the officer staying employed, and frankly paying their union dues.
And that is as it should be, unless an officer admits guilt.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:08 pm

And that is as it should be, unless an officer admits guilt.

That's an absolutely asinine response. All of your responses were. Pig bully cops are the problem, but the law enforcement unions cultivate them and enables them, even flat out justifying their behavior. Not part of the solution of the problem at all. It is delusional to think otherwise.

Willie Kool

Police earning the hate

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:02 pm

That's an absolutely asinine response. All of your responses were.
:lol:
Pig bully cops are the problem
Yep. And a lack of will by elected officials to hold them accountable.

but the law enforcement unions cultivate them and enables them, even flat out justifying their behavior.
They defend them, which is part of their job. Defense lawyers don't 'cultivate and enable' crime.
Not part of the solution of the problem at all. It is delusional to think otherwise.
Never said they were, nor is it their job to be.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:32 pm

NY police officers are literally throwing tantrums over the fact that Daniel Pantaleo was fired for choking an unarmed man to death.

'The Job Is Dead': NYPD Officers Seethe In Wake Of Pantaleo Firing
https://gothamist.com/2019/08/22/job_is ... ntaleo.php
On social media and other public forums, the city's rank-and-file officers have added their voices to the seething chorus of dissent. Some have changed their avatars to the inverted NYPD flag as symbol of distress, or to a photo indicating "I'm with Pantaleo."

Perhaps nowhere is the level of rage higher than Law Enforcement Rant, a popular message board for disgruntled NYPD officers. In hundreds of posts across multiple threads, the community has reacted to the news with nearly unanimous disgust.

"This **** is why I'm retiring in 7 months," wrote one commenter. "I hate knowing every day that [through] no fault of my own I could be that guy."

Members in the group have circulated wanted posters of O'Neill for "effectively killing the NYPD," accompanied by vague threats that he "better be prepared for the consequences." They describe Mayor Bill de Blasio as a "**** communist who HATES COPS." The Garner family has been labeled "savages" and "ghetto dwellers." (Overt racism is an enduring feature of the long-running message board.)

Ranters have also traded tips for how to organize a proper slowdown, with an eye toward doing the most damage to the mayor and the commissioner. "If the average response time goes up by 3 minutes, city officials will **** themselves," wrote one member.

Willie Kool

Police earning the hate

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:01 pm

"They believe that Pantaleo was given a raw deal," a veteran Bronx patrol officer, who asked for anonymity, told Gothamist. "In essence it shouldn't just be Pantaleo getting fired, it should be the person who ordered them to make the arrest. The only reason Pantaleo went out there was because he was ordered to do so."
also
Meanwhile, some officers will privately acknowledge that Pantaleo used a banned chokehold. One veteran officer even told Gothamist, on the condition of anonymity, that he agreed with the commissioner's decision. He also argued that fault for Garner's death primarily rested with the city's focus on Broken Windows policing, which he said pits beat cops against communities of color.

"As police officer I understand how they see it, but they're not seeing how the racist ways of the police department led them to this," the officer said.

The officer also suggested that Pantaleo's race may have factored into the outpouring of support he received from the department. He noted that such full-throated solidarity was largely absent after the department fired Peter Liang, an immigrant officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man in 2014. The officer speculated that "if a minority had [killed Garner], they would have fired him immediately."

"There's a thin blue line," he added, "but it has a white streak on it."

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 pm

'I Still Think They're Heroes,' Houston's Police Chief Says of the Cops Who Killed a Couple During a Fraudulent Drug Raid
https://reason.com/2019/08/26/i-still-t ... -drug-raid

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:34 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa ... r-n1046726
The parents of a man with developmental disabilities who was shot and killed in a Costco by an off-duty police officer said they pleaded with the fellow shopper not to fire his weapon as their son was not a threat.

Russell and Paola French, who were both severely injured in the June 14 shooting in Corona east of Los Angeles, spoke publicly for the first time since their son Kenneth, 32, was fatally shot by Los Angeles police officer Salvador Sanchez.

Sanchez maintains he opened fire after he was knocked down with his infant son in his arms.

Russell French, who was shot in his chest and abdomen and lost a kidney, said at a news conference Monday that he "begged" Sanchez not to fire. "I told him we had no guns and my son was sick."

Paola French, who was shot in the back and ended up in a coma, said she "was pleading for my son and our lives."

"What threat did I pose to him?" she asked. Her son was a "peaceful and loving soul" who was never aggressive, she said.

No one in the French family was armed at the time of the shooting.