Police earning the hate

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:14 pm

This is the story of the Hurricane

tifosi77

Police earning the hate

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:30 pm

One of my best friends grew up in Emerson, which is near there. One night after a midnight screening of RHPS we went driving around. It was very theatrical; we turned on to a major blvd, and as the POV shifted a police blockade of about 8-10 cruisers that were blocking the way about half a mile up, lights flashing, tactical response units, etc. My friend, "That's Paterson. And this is as close as we're going."

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:43 am

The lack of respect in this country is seriously one of its biggest problems.
Police should respect the citizens, more than the other way around, and that is what is seriously lacking...
Should be a mutual respect.
Yeah, but I can rather easily go through life without have any reason to interact with an officer. Yet apparently if I am moving a TV into my new house there is a possibility of getting tazzed. Etc...
Or they can come and protect/save you from a dangerous or life threatening situation.

That part is their job. That is literally what they get paid to do. You do not get extra praise for doing what you are paid to do. You get paid for that part. If you don't want to do that part then get a different job.

Accosting people minding their own business, being bullies, etc... that is not part of their job.

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:33 am

Police should respect the citizens, more than the other way around, and that is what is seriously lacking...
Yeah, but I can rather easily go through life without have any reason to interact with an officer. Yet apparently if I am moving a TV into my new house there is a possibility of getting tazzed. Etc...
Or they can come and protect/save you from a dangerous or life threatening situation.

That part is their job. That is literally what they get paid to do. You do not get extra praise for doing what you are paid to do. You get paid for that part. If you don't want to do that part then get a different job.

Accosting people minding their own business, being bullies, etc... that is not part of their job.
The response I expected.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:54 pm

The response I expected.

So you expected truth and it was delivered.

grunthy

Police earning the hate

Postby grunthy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:56 pm

Have you ever asked for or wanted respect at your place of work?

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:26 pm

Asked for, no. Wanted, no. I don't care what others think of me.
Get, yes. Because of the quality of my work due to self respect. If I didn't do my job well, or blamed others for my failures, etc... I wouldn't get any respect, nor should I.

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Asked for, no. Wanted, no. I don't care what others think of me.
Get, yes. Because of the quality of my work due to self respect. If I didn't do my job well, or blamed others for my failures, etc... I wouldn't get any respect, nor should I.
So at your workplace, should a handful of fellow employees shitty work be a reflection of you and everyone in your profession.

Troy Loney

Police earning the hate

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:37 pm

I don't know, is there an entrenched system for covering up said shitty employees?

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:40 pm

So at your workplace, should a handful of fellow employees shitty work be a reflection of you and everyone in your profession.
I don't know what's so hard about this. Most cops are good people who are only trying to do their job to the best of their abilities. An unfortunate percentage of cops are bullies who get off on the power their badge and gun afford them. An even smaller, but dangerous, percentage of cops are outright trigger happy crazies that are a menace to society.

Troy Loney

Police earning the hate

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:46 pm

One should not just outright disrespect a cop, and one should not just outright accept a cop using excessive force.

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:56 pm

I don't know what's so hard about this. Most cops are good people who are only trying to do their job to the best of their abilities. An unfortunate percentage of cops are bullies who get off on the power their badge and gun afford them. An even smaller, but dangerous, percentage of cops are outright trigger happy crazies that are a menace to society.
I agree. That's not the message this thread is sharing though.

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:57 pm

One should not just outright disrespect a cop, and one should not just outright accept a cop using excessive force.
I agree.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Whoever you know that is a cop is either part of the problem or stands by and willingly lets the problem continue.

:pop:

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:27 pm

I agree. That's not the message this thread is sharing though.
This thread is pointing out the bad actors. I see nothing wrong with that. We can call out dirty hockey players without anyone thinking that infers all hockey players are dirty. Why would it be different with police?

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Well, if there were a thread titled "Hockey players earning the hate" on a forum with nothing to do with hockey I'd feel about the same I think.

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Would it be preferable if the thread was retitled: "Police behaving badly" or "Police behaving like criminals"?

NAN

Police earning the hate

Postby NAN » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Would it be preferable if the thread was retitled: "Police behaving badly" or "Police behaving like criminals"?
Yes

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Pennsylvania Police Chief, His Friend Accused Of Raping Young Girl Over 7 Years

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/ ... ping-girl/
A police chief from Carbon County and his friend are accused of raping a young girl over the span of seven years. Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced Wednesday that Weissport Police Chief Brent Getz is one of two men charged with sexually assaulting a girl.
. . .
Police said the victim told them that Wagner and Getz raped her between the ages of 4 and 11.

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:22 pm

Well that certainly satisfies my complaint of currency.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:02 pm

Yes

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Indeed. It's his thread, it doesn't have to be balanced.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Pennsylvania Police Chief, His Friend Accused Of Raping Young Girl Over 7 Years

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/ ... ping-girl/
A police chief from Carbon County and his friend are accused of raping a young girl over the span of seven years. Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced Wednesday that Weissport Police Chief Brent Getz is one of two men charged with sexually assaulting a girl.
. . .
Police said the victim told them that Wagner and Getz raped her between the ages of 4 and 11.
Now that is mutual respect! Wait... no it isn't...

DigitalGypsy66

Police earning the hate

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:57 pm

An ex-cop and child molester in jail? Wow, he’s in for some fun.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Police earning the hate

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 pm

Holy crap. A mob surrounded two cops making a drug bust in Chicago and forced them to let the guy go and took the seized drugs out of the squad car. That is terrifying.
https://t.co/8SWtqSii2I