Police earning the hate

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:53 pm

Did Sanchez just empty his gun shooting wildly? ... including shooting someone in the back?

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:55 pm

The cop was clearly disrespected and needed to teach him a lesson in order to save face in front of his infant.

Sounds absurd but I bet it's damn near close to the truth.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Atlanta Cop Gets Fired, Sent to Jail for Kicking, Choking Suspect
https://reason.com/2019/08/27/atlanta-c ... g-suspect/

A case where what should happen actually did happen. A cop brutally kicked and choked a surrendering suspect, and he just received a 20-year prison sentence. The Atlanta Police Department and the local prosecutors deserve full credit for holding that cop accountable. But as the article notes, something like this is noteworthy because this sort of prosecution seems so rare when police are involved.

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:07 am

Boooo....

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:47 pm

Cops don disguises, trash cars of man who filed complaint against them, prosecutor says
https://www.nj.com/monmouth/2019/09/cop ... leges.html
Two Asbury Park police officers donned disguises to exact revenge on a citizen who filed a complaint against them by slashing the tires on two of his vehicles, authorities announced Wednesday.

The Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office charged officers Stephen Martinsen, 29, and Thomas Dowling, 26, both of Asbury Park, with conspiracy, criminal mischief and weapons offenses. The officers are accused of vandalizing two vehicles in Ocean Grove and Asbury Park early on Sept. 3, authorities said.

“It is alleged that officer Martinsen and Special Law Enforcement officer Dowling did purposely damage both vehicles, both owned by the same person,” a press release from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office said. “The vehicle owner had filed an administrative complaint against both officers several days before the vandalism incidents.”

Authorities said the two officers wore disguises when they rode their bikes to the vehicles, smashed out windows and slashed all the tires.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Glendale officer resigns after disturbing body camera video shows him violently assaulting man
https://www.12news.com/article/news/loc ... 8cebec9d2e
Video released Wednesday by the Glendale Police Department showed Carroll approaching Dulaney as he sat in a car at an apartment complex in the area of 43rd and Peoria avenues on June 13.

The approximately 17-minute video showed Carroll talking to Dulaney, who explained that he fell asleep in his car while he was waiting for his friend to come home.

Dulaney said he had his windows up because he was "scared" of people. Dulaney had also told Carroll that he had a handicap but did not elaborate.

The pair talked for about two minutes before Dulaney asked if he could go see if his friend was home and began saying he was hot and that he didn't want to be in the car anymore.

"I don't mean to cause anybody problems and they don't mean to cause you problems," Dulaney said. "I'm sorry."

Dulaney began to get visibly worried as the conversation continued, saying Carroll was yelling at him "for no reason and I don't know why and I want to call somebody, I want to call somebody please."

Dulaney then asked if he could go and said he had to go to the bathroom really bad. Carroll asked him to step out of the car and Dulaney said he didn't want to because he was scared when Carroll was getting loud with him.

Carroll then said he refused to let Dulaney go because he believed he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which Dulaney adamantly denied.

"I don't take alcohol...you know that, I don't do anything, I don't do drugs, I don't do alcohol, I don't do those things," Dulaney said on video.

"You're not letting me go, I have to go to the bathroom really bad and I don't like to go in my pants," he continued. "I don't like to go in my pants, why are you doing this to me?"

Six minutes into the video, Dulaney is seen pleading through tears to Carroll to let him go and let him go to the bathroom.

Shortly after, Carroll reaches through the window, opens the door and becomes more demanding of Dulaney, who is still crying and pleading to leave.

Dulaney is crying with his keys in his hand and sitting in his driver's seat when Carroll grabs his left arm and uses his Taser on him.

"Don't hurt me! What are you gonna shoot me for!" Dulaney said.

Carroll pulls Dulaney to the ground, all the while keeping the Taser active on him. Carroll can then be seen beating the Taser in the back of Dulaney's head and back. Carroll then continued to use the Taser on Dulaney.

Dulaney had blood covering half of his face and was bleeding from his arms and legs.

Carroll then picks up Dulaney and slams his body down into the rocks.

"Please stop hurting me," Dulaney pleads. "Can somebody please call the police?"

"I am the police!" Carroll responds.

Dulaney is face-down on the ground for about five minutes before another officer responds. Body camera video shows blood staining the sidewalk below him.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:00 pm

This is the raw video for the preceding post. The victim here was not being accused of any crime, and the police were not called for any crime. Someone called the police to do a welfare check on Mr. Dulaney because he was sleeping in his car on a hot day. Mr. Dulaney suffers from a prior head injury from a work accident.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:07 pm

The Glendale, Arizona police is not only the department (mentioned in a previous post) that tased a unarmed man 11 times and pulled down his pants to tase him in the testicles, but they're also the same department that did this last month:

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:18 pm

This is the raw video for the preceding post. The victim here was not being accused of any crime, and the police were not called for any crime. Someone called the police to do a welfare check on Mr. Dulaney because he was sleeping in his car on a hot day. Mr. Dulaney suffers from a prior head injury from a work accident.

That's why they call them Pigs

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:12 pm

**** this pig. Disgusting.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Tennessee Police Officer Admits to Raping Three Women While on Duty
https://time.com/5670495/tennessee-poli ... onfession/
(CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.) — A Tennessee police officer has admitted to raping three women who were in his custody.

News outlets report that former Chattanooga police officer Desmond Logan reached a plea agreement Wednesday in federal court in which he also admitted to pulling a stun gun on a woman to prevent her from leaving her car.

According to court documents, the 33-year-old has agreed to plead guilty to two counts of deprivation of rights. Each count carries up to 10 years in prison and $250,000 in fines.

Logan resigned in February before he could be fired.

Earlier this year, two retired Chattanooga officers were accused of helping suppress allegations against Logan.

The women say they notified police, but an official probe wasn’t launched until the county sheriff was notified.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 pm

St. Louis cop admits lying to FBI, grand jury about the arrest and assault of an undercover officer during protests
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cri ... 93104.html
ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis police officer pleaded guilty to a federal charge Friday and admitted lying to both the FBI and a federal grand jury about the arrest and assault of an undercover colleague in 2017.

Bailey Colletta, 26, could now face years in prison and has agreed to give up her state license to be a law enforcement officer.

The arrest of Detective Luther Hall came during a series of protests that followed the Sept. 15, 2017, acquittal of former St. Louis police Officer Jason Stockley on a murder charge. The indictment of Colletta and three colleagues more than a year later alleged that some officers exchanged expletive-laced texts expressing “excitement about using unjustified force against (protesters) and going undetected while doing so,” and led to claims that investigators were ignoring the complaints of similar treatment by protesters who were not undercover officers.

Colletta and other officers of the Civil Disobedience Team ran into Hall on Sept. 17, 2017, near the intersection of 14th and Olive streets downtown, and believed he was a protester, her plea says. There was “very little protest activity” in the area at the time, Colletta’s plea says.

Officers tackled Hall as he was following Colletta’s orders and getting to his knees. He did not appear to be committing a crime, there was no probable cause for an arrest, and he did not do anything to justify the use of physical force, Assistant U.S. Attorney Reginald Harris said in court.

The original indictment accuses Hays, Dustin Boone and Christopher Myers of throwing the 22-year police veteran to the ground, kicking him and hitting him with a police baton. Their lawyers could not be immediately reached for comment.

Hall said he was beaten “like Rodney King,” according to court documents filed by prosecutors. He was fleeing from officers firing pepper spray, pepper balls and bean bag rounds at the time. Hall’s lip was injured, and he suffered multiple herniated discs and a jaw injury that made it hard to eat. He has not returned to work.

And here are some of the "expletive-laced texts" that the cops were exchanging that night:
**: Hey we are both on the same arrest team. Are we meeting at 20th and Olive?
Myers: I know right. Yes I guess so, let’s whoop some ass

Boone: The more the merrier!!! It’s gonna get IGNORANT tonight!! But it’s gonna be a lot of fun beating the hell out of these shitheads once the sun goes down and nobody can tell us apart!! ! !

Boone: We really need these **** to start acting up so we can have some fun

Boone: This **** is crazy ....... but it’s **** AWESOME too! Except for cops getting hurt. People on the streets got **** UP! Lol

**: You doing ok down there with the idiots?
Boone: Yeah. A lot of cops gettin hurt, but it’s still a blast beating people that deserve it. And I’m not one of the people hurt, so I’m still enjoying each night. ... We reloading these fools up on prisoner busses. As they got on we all said in unison “OUR STREETS” haha

Boone: ... The problem is when they start acting like fools, we start beating the **** out of everyone on the street after we give two warnings ...

Boone: Did everyone see the protestors getting **** UP in the galleria???? That was awesome!

Hays: It’s extremely frustrating, but you’ll eat yourself up inside if you don’t just let it go and deal with it when it comes. And this one is easy because we both are good, going rogue does feel good, but I’ve been elected to be the driver of a Tahoe, so if I get involved tonight, **** has hit the fan.
Boone: Well ****
Boone: LOL
Boone: I should probably stay in check as well.
Hays: Remember were are in south city. They support us but also cameras. So make sure you have an old white dude as a witness.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm

State Trooper arrested on 61 counts of sex-related, kidnapping, and fraud charges
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/dps-s ... ud-charges
PHOENIX - DPS held a news conference Tuesday afternoon after a state trooper was arrested on 61 counts of criminal charges.

The trooper, identified as 43-year-old Tremaine Jackson, worked for DPS for 13 years. Jackson was placed on administrative leave after he was accused in early June of sexually assaulting a woman during a traffic stop.

This event started on May 19th where we received an initial complaint about some inappropriate comments by Trooper Jackson to a female motorist," said DPS Director Col. Frank Milstead. "While we were investigating that May complaint, on June 11th, we received a second complaint. This one also alleging inappropriate commentary and then also criminal behavior to the extent of sexual abuse."

DPS officials said that's when he was suspended, and a total of eight women have come forward so far. There's a worry over the possibility of more victims.

"Trooper Jackson was using his position as Arizona State Trooper to bargain leniency for favor," said Col. Milstead.

On Tuesday night, Jackson was taken to the 4th Avenue Jail before his first court appearance. He was booked on multiple counts of sexual abuse, attempted sexual abuse, sexual extortion, unlawful imprisonment, kidnapping, harassment, forgery, and tampering with a public record, among other charges.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Man Illegally Arrested By Columbus Swat Police For Recording

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Remember the Vallejo Cop Who Tackled a Veteran for Filming Him?
Now he's being sued for another act of excessive force.

https://reason.com/2019/09/13/remember- ... lming-him/

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Disturbing video which contradicts the official story shows a police cruiser roll up to a man in a parking lot and immediately kill him.
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/polic ... ial-story/

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:27 pm

President Trump, while awaiting a meeting with Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi during the Group of Seven (G7) summit, called for “my favorite dictator,” The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

“Where’s my favorite dictator?” Trump said as at a hotel in Biarritz, France, where the two were reportedly set to meet last month. A group of at least 10 U.S. and three Egyptian officials was reportedly awaiting Sisi’s arrival.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... g-egyptian

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:38 pm

‘I’m the bad guy now’: A retired cop on outing police misconduct

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/b ... d=73160658&

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:39 pm

6-Year-Old Girl Arrested for Throwing a Temper Tantrum
https://reason.com/2019/09/23/florida-o ... n-pipeline
The student—a first grader named Kaia Rolle—was handcuffed, placed in the back of a police cruiser, and taken to the Juvenile Assessment Center, where she was fingerprinted and had her mugshot taken.
. . .
The same cop arrested an 8-year-old the same day, although the reason has not been disclosed. Both apprehensions violated departmental policy, which stipulates that no minor under age 12 should be arrested without approval from a supervisor.

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:38 am

https://nypost.com/2019/09/24/ex-dallas ... osecutors/
Prosecutors, on the first day of the trial, contend a former Dallas police officer accused of murdering a man who she wrongly believed was in her own apartment was distracted by sending sexually explicit text messages to her police force partner.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:22 pm

‘If you don’t get at that rot, you just get more officers like Josh Hastings’

The Little Rock police shooting of 15-year-old Bobby Moore revealed a horror show of misconduct, cover-up and cascading institutional failure at the department.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opi ... -hastings/

If you're not paywalled, this is an in-depth investigation of institutional racism, corruption, and abuse of power in the Little Rock police department. Some highlights:
Reaching out would help, but so would taking racism within the department more seriously. Colleagues say Hastings was once heard calling a group of blacks a “bunch of monkeys.” Other colleagues have said in depositions that Hastings and another officer were also known to refer to a particular black neighborhood in Little Rock as the “n‑‑‑‑‑.” (In a 2016 deposition, Hastings denied using the term, but said he did hear another officer use it.) Hastings himself testified at a deposition that he often used the n-word, and that his high-ranking LRPD father had used it around the house when he was growing up.

Hastings’s partner, Arthur McDaniel, also testified to using the word, though he said he avoids saying it directly to black people — “out of respect.” In 2014, McDaniel was accused of calling a white woman who was dating a black man a “n‑‑‑‑‑ whore.” He denied the accusation, but retired (apparently due to post-traumatic stress disorder), and the department ceased its investigation. Another officer was also allowed to retire for medical reasons as he was being investigated for calling a group of black residents “a pack of spades.” Officer Todd Payne was perhaps the worst example. In 2010, he sent an email to fellow officers about an officer’s shooting of an elderly black man with the words “Dead N‑‑‑‑‑” in the subject line. (The deceased happened to be the father of two LRPD officers.) Payne also once left white-supremacist magazines in his squad car, and left misogynist, homophobic and threatening messages on the voice mail of an insurance agent. Payne was finally fired in 2010 — not for any of those incidents, but for feigning an illness to avoid breaking up a bar fight.
Over the course of his short career, LRPD records show that Hastings used force against a Little Rock resident or visitor 41 times. But during discovery for the Moore family’s lawsuit, Laux found a number of incidents in which a use of force wasn’t properly classified or Hastings failed to document it. He puts the total number at 63. Of those 63 incidents, Laux calculated that 49 involved Hastings using force against a black person. In all, 84 percent of the people against whom Hastings used force were either black or Latino. To put it another way, while non-Hispanic whites make up about 47 percent of Little Rock’s population, they make up just 16 percent of the people against whom Hastings used force.

In one incident in July 2010, Hastings body-slammed a homeless, mentally ill black woman, then sat on her stomach as he waited for her to be taken for treatment. (He claimed the woman slapped him after he woke her up.) He admitted in a deposition years later that “body slam” was the appropriate term for what he had done. Yet, at the time, Hastings’s supervisor made the young officer seem almost gallant. He wrote that Hastings merely “wrapped his arms around” the woman, and “placed her on the ground.” Hastings also later admitted that his supervisor’s account of the incident wasn’t accurate.
In 2012, Lepore ordered subordinates to stand on the legs of an obese man who had already been pepper sprayed and handcuffed. As she would later admit in a deposition, Lepore told her officers, “You ain’t going to hurt this big boy.” The man stopped breathing and died at the scene. Under questioning from Laux during a 2016 deposition, Lepore conceded that she was unfamiliar with official LRPD policy in several areas, including use of force and traffic stops. This seems especially troublesome given that, in addition to teaching police driving, Lepore also was a field training officer for recruits.
Another example is Officer Christopher Johannes, a member of Hastings’s squad who was flagged 7 times in six years after 69 use of force incidents. Johannes’s dash cam, too, had an uncanny knack of malfunctioning at critical times during incidents that later resulted in citizen complaints. In one incident, a suspect accused Johannes’s partner of punching him while he was handcuffed. Johannes denied seeing or hearing the punch. The dash-cam video improbably malfunctioned for only the six minutes surrounding the alleged punch. But the audio function did continue recording, and captured both the sound of a punch and Johannes scolding his partner for the strike he’d later claim he never saw. Neither officer was disciplined. The sergeant who investigated the incident ultimately said she trusted the honesty of Johannes’s partner more than she trusted the audio recording. Two months later, Johannes was named Officer of the Month.
In some cases, LRPD internal investigations have cleared officers without even looking at the relevant department policies. For example, the department has a specific policy detailing how officers are to interact with the mentally ill. But Laux found multiple deadly-force incidents involving mentally-ill suspects in which officers violated the policy, including the Jaime Alvarez shooting. Worse, the homicide and IAD investigations that followed never addressed the officers’ violations of the policy. The subsequent DFRB review of both the shooting and the ensuing investigations also failed to even mention the policy.

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:36 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amber-guyg ... 019-09-27/
Former Dallas cop who shot neighbor: "I was scared he was going to kill me"
:face:

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:57 am

This is sickening.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ice-miller
Amber Guyger was justified in shooting black man, Dallas ex-police chief says

skullman80

Police earning the hate

Postby skullman80 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:06 am

That's awful.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:46 pm

Man punched, stunned by Hutto officer files lawsuit alleging use of excessive force

https://www.kxan.com/top-stories/hutto- ... 18-arrest/

Cop assaults, tases man and predictably lies through his teeth in the police report. His partner stands by, does nothing, says nothing, and signs off on the false report. All charges were dropped, and the cop is now charged with one count of assault with bodily injury and one count of official oppression. He has been on paid vacation suspension since his indictment in May.