Police earning the hate

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:49 pm

"officers responded" to parents trying to save their kids. And stopped them.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:00 am

One of the coaches on a losing Little League team is seen on video attempting to hurt multiple players on winning team by bending their fingers in the handshake line. What does this coach do for a living? Of course, he's a cop:
A sergeant with the Harris County Precinct 5 Constable’s Office has been stripped of his coaching position after he was captured on video assaulting children on the winning team. As the two teams lined up to shake hands after the game Sgt. Kenneth Wendt is seen on video attempting to hurt multiple players on the team who just beat them by shoving them and attempting to break their fingers.

“His actions were unacceptable and do not align with our organization’s values. We removed him from coaching and from our club about 8:30 a.m. Sunday,” the league said in a statement.

“Nothing in the world gives you the right to do that to kids,” the winning 9U baseball team’s coach Victor Torres said.

Torres said you’d expect it from the kids, but not the coach.

“They come in and they slap you hard on the hand. And you’ll be like, ‘hey, don’t do that.’ But an adult, you wouldn’t expect it,” Torres said. “I was upset. I was really upset.”

“How is that even possible,” Torres said. “You hold them to a higher standard. And then you come out here and do that to kids, to 9-year-old kids.”

“Just like I tell my kids” ‘We don’t lose, we learn,'” Torres said. “You don’t do that to 9-year-olds. You don’t put your hands on 9-year-olds. Especially not someone else’s child.”

. . .

Adding to the disturbing nature of Wendt’s actions is the fact that after he was called out for hurting several children, he was told to leave the Baseball USA property and when told to do so, he was entirely remorseless — telling parents he was a cop — and that his badge would protect him.

“It seemed like he didn’t care that day. He even said that he was a cop. ‘Go ahead and do whatever you do, do what you want to do. They can’t do anything to me because I’m a cop,'” the father said.

Though his badge appeared to protect him for several days after this incident, on Thursday, the department could no longer look the other way. The department released a statement noting that Wendt had been relieved of his duties pending the outcome of an investigation by the Houston Police Department.

AuthorTony

Police earning the hate

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:21 pm

https://www.insider.com/new-york-cop-ar ... EEvAf_nusM
A Rochester, New York police officer was placed on administrative duty after he arrested an EMT who reportedly hit his police car with an ambulance door.

Ad@m

Police earning the hate

Postby Ad@m » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:06 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:02 am

Police ID suspect shot by officers during downtown Denver disturbance; 5 bystanders injured
Police confirm all injuries, including innocent bystanders, were caused by officers firing their weapons

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/l ... isturbance
DENVER — Police identified the man who they said pointed a gun at Denver police officers before three officers shot him early Sunday morning in downtown Denver. A public information officer also confirmed all of the other injuries were caused by officers firing their weapons.

Jordan Waddy, 21, was shot and transported to the hospital but is expected to survive, according to the Denver Police Department.

Additionally, police confirmed that five other people — three women and two men — suffered non-life-threatening injuries during the incident. No officers were injured.

“Investigators are working to determine whether the injuries [of the five people] were a direct or indirect result of the officer-involved shooting,” the department said in a statement.

The release went on to explain that an indirect injury could be from a ricochet bullet or shrapnel.

Around 1:30 a.m. Sunday, officers patrolling the bar district downtown near 20th and Larimer streets noticed an altercation between Waddy and two other people. An arrest affidavit released just after 8 p.m. on Sunday, goes on to say that officers reported seeing Waddy make gestures towards his waist band as if he were armed.

The officers began to follow Waddy, and at some point, officers reported the suspect pulled out a gun and pointed it at officers. The court document says officers fired and Waddy fell to the ground.

The suspect did not fire his weapon, police said in a news release shared earlier on Sunday. Waddy threw the firearm, which has been identified as a 10 mm Rock Island M1911 A2, according to court documents.

Waddy was transported to the hospital for treatment and later arrested. He is currently being held for investigation of felony menacing and possession of a weapon by a previous offender, according to police.

Waddy has had multiple run-ins with law enforcement, including a now dismissed 2017 charge of first-degree murder, according to court records.

“The investigation into this incident, to include interviews and forensic work, is active and ongoing. The Denver Police Department understands the community’s desire for additional information and the Department is committed to both maintaining the integrity of this investigation and sharing additional details as soon information has been confirmed through the investigation,” the DPD release said.

A witness, who did not want to be identified, shared what he saw, as well as a video that he took of the scene moments after it all happened. He said police showed up after a group of people were arguing in the street and then he heard gunshots.

"It was definitely a little traumatic to see that go down," the man said. "I heard maybe six or seven shots. I look to my left, and I saw a girl who was hit on the thigh and it hit an artery and she was gushing out blood."

The three officers involved in the shooting are currently on administrative leave, the department said, which is standard procedure.

The investigation into the officer-involved shooting is being conducted in “accordance with the officer-involved shooting protocol, and includes representatives from the Colorado Bureau of Investigations, Colorado State Patrol, Denver District Attorney’s Office, Denver Police Department, and includes oversight from the Office of the Independent Monitor.”

Police in Denver on early Sunday morning saw someone with a gun, so they fired into a crowd of people and managed to shoot and injure five additional people in addition to the guy with the gun.

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:29 pm

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:49 pm

Too bad she didn't have a gun.

DigitalGypsy66

Police earning the hate

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:46 pm

This is like bad cop, then good cop lol

Ad@m

Police earning the hate

Postby Ad@m » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:19 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:42 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:49 am

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:52 am

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:26 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:32 am

Daughter of man who died in jail says deputies mistook her dad's dementia for drug abuse
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/inves ... fe14990c6f
SAN DIEGO — Jennifer Schmidt wants justice for her dad. Images of her father lying dead inside of a jail cell for 15 hours, rigor setting into his body, haunt her at night.

In a new legal claim against the county of San Diego, Schmidt says her dad, Gilbert Gil, didn't need to die. She says he should have never been in jail in the first place.

Schmidt says deputies arrested her dad twice in a span of three days in February of this year for being under the influence when in fact he suffered from dementia and was diabetic. She says deputies refused to acknowledge his medical condition and instead painted him as an out-of-control meth user in the grips of a meth-induced rage.

Schmidt wants justice for her father and to prevent others from potentially suffering the same fate. She says the Sheriff's Department has not provided any details about how and why her father died. And, she has yet to receive the medical examiner's report or videos from inside the jail cell that night.

Jennifer Schmidt says her 67-year-old dad suffered from dementia. In December 2021, Gil went missing for several days and was later found after the family filed a missing person report. After Gil was found, Schmidt says she placed a tracking device on his keys to make sure the family could find him if he went missing again.

On February 12, Schmidt became worried after her dad didn't show up at her house after he got off of work.

She checked the tracking device and found that he was in Rancho Santa Fe, miles from his home and in the opposite direction from her Escondido home. She also discovered there was a car accident reported at the same location. She got into her car and drove to check on him.

When she arrived, deputies told her that they received calls about an erratic driver. Gil's car had spun out on the side of the road.

Schmidt says deputies had handcuffed Gil. She asked to speak to her dad.

"I'd never seen him like that," Schmidt told CBS 8 in a July 29 interview. "I had never seen him that way. He was shaking and moving his head and he couldn't really talk. But he was like, just confused, really confused"

Schmidt says she checked her dad's stomach for marks from the insulin shots and didn't see any. She suspected that her dad's strange behavior may have been a combination of not having enough insulin and his dementia.

"I told him to just listen to what the deputy says. And I'll see him in a little bit."

At six the following morning, Schmidt was at the Vista Detention Facility. A deputy there says he's on the book and release queue but he was not sobering up. Schmidt told the nurse that he wasn't drunk or high and that he suffered from dementia and diabetes.

She says they released him shortly after.

"He was ten times worse than when they arrested him. He couldn't hold a conversation. He couldn't answer any questions. I finally got him into the car and brought him to my house. My daughter had to give him her sippy cup because he couldn't even hold a bottle of water," said Schmidt.

Around 4 pm that night, February 13, Schmidt took him to his house that he shared with his brother and his nephew. She says she left a few hours later.

A few hours later, Schmidt says her cousin called her telling her Gil was out of his mind. Her cousin told her that they were calling 9-1-1 for help, that Gil was screaming for his mother and didn't know who his brother was.

About thirty minutes later Schmidt says she called her cousin back to find out where the ambulance took him.

"My cousin told me that the police took him. I asked him why the police took him and he was like, I don't know. He told me that they took him in handcuffs.

Schmidt eventually went to Palomar Hospital where Gil was admitted.

"A nurse pulled me aside. She's like, he's under arrest. That's why we can't tell you anything."

Schmidt says she went home expecting to pick her dad up in the morning.

"The next day I'm looking for his name in jail. I called and they would not give me any information. This was on Valentine's Day," Schmidt says, choking back tears. "I called probably 50 times they would not tell me anything. I found out that morning that he was gone."

According to a February 15 press release, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department announced Gil's death. The release, while preliminary, stated Gil was arrested on February 12 for driving while under the influence of drugs. The department then said he was arrested again the following night on February 13 for being under the influence of a controlled substance and after observation at Palomar Hospital was booked into a holding cell at 2:28 in the morning on February 14. Just over 15-and-a-half hours later, deputies found Gil dead.

"The Medical Examiner's Office conducted the autopsy of Gil today," reads the February 15 release. "Gil tested presumptively positive for methamphetamine. The cause and manner of death are pending laboratory results and further evaluation."

Schmidt, however, accuses the department of trying to cover up the real cause of her father's death.

"I called the Sheriff when I found out and he asked me if my dad told me about being in a fight in jail. I said no. Then he asked if my dad mentioned how the deputies were treating him. I said, 'Why are you asking me this? He's like, routine.'"

Added Schmidt, "I saw his body a few days later. And I knew why the deputy was asking me those questions. He had a huge mark that went back into his hair on his forehead.."

Schmidt says when she couldn't get any information from the medical examiner's office, she reached out to Colin Kaepernick's Know Your Rights Campaign and the Autopsy Initiative to see if they would be willing to take on her dad's case.

"We provide free secondary autopsies on behalf of those who die in custody, whether juveniles or adults, in prisons, jails, or in the process of being detained," said Iman McAllister of the Autopsy Initiative.

"We are a resource to victims' families, to help them and to ensure a medically sound and objective autopsy is performed. In so many cases across the country, questions arise about the state's cause of death determination or lack thereof. Often times medical examiners are on the same payroll as law enforcement and it is not unheard of for law enforcement officials to be present during the initial autopsy. All these raise questions. We want to try and help answer some of those questions."

The Autopsy Initiative performed a third-party autopsy. Schmidt says the preliminary findings appear to confirm her suspicions about her father's death.

A toxicology report showed that Gil did not have any drugs or alcohol in his system.

Meanwhile, a preliminary autopsy found that Gil did not die from any heart-related issues and did not have clots which would bolster claims that he died from COVID-19.

It did find, according to Schmidt's legal claim, that Gil died from asphyxiation, his toes, and fingers had turned blue from a lack of oxygen.

Ad@m

Police earning the hate

Postby Ad@m » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:28 pm

Attorneys earning the hate
Corey J. Kolcharno is charged with four counts of promoting prostitution after an investigation found he sexually exploited clients, tethering “his performance as their counsel to a demand for sexual services from them or in exchange for payment,” police wrote in an affidavit.

Kolcharno — a former Lackawanna County prosecutor — was arraigned Monday and released on $20,000 unsecured bail. A statement issued by his attorney said Kolcharno “has made a conscious decision to accept responsibility.” Kolcharno told reporters he intended to give up his law license.

According to state police, Kolcharno targeted women who struggled with addiction, had been sexually abused or had financial problems. At first he requested nude photos or worn underwear, then escalated his predatory behavior into a demand for sex in exchange for legal services, authorities said. He paid his clients as much as $500, police said.

Victims said they were ashamed but felt they had no choice but to give in, authorities said.

Kolcharno “picked these victims because they had limited choices, because he thought they would be easy to silence, and less likely to be believed if they ever came forward,” Attorney General Josh Shapiro said in a written statement.

Investigators said they found hundreds of sexually explicit images of Kolcharno’s clients on his cellphone.

Police said the crimes took place between 2018 and 2022, when Kolcharno was a partner in the Fanucci & Kolcharno law firm outside Scranton.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 pm

7 murder convictions overturned in a single day after prosecutors stop backing group of cases tied to alleged misconduct by disgraced former Chicago police detective
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html
His father died while Nelson Gonzalez was in prison. Alfredo Gonzalez couldn’t go to his daughter’s wedding. And Marilyn Mulero missed out on her two children’s childhoods.

“It’s been hard — I lost my brother,” Mulero added, her voice breaking. “He was my strength.”

These are three of the Chicago families affected by murder convictions tainted by allegations of misconduct by former Chicago police Detective Reynaldo Guevara.

In a historic move Tuesday, judges overturned seven murder convictions in a single day. Many of the exonerees have spent decades in prison for slayings that took place between 1989 and 1996.

The Cook County state’s attorney’s office had filed motions in the seven cases and an eighth to be heard at the Leighton Criminal Court Building. In an unprecedented move, State’s Attorney Kim Foxx announced at a news conference Tuesday morning that prosecutors “can no longer stand by these convictions,” leading to the mass dismissal.

“Rebuilding the community trust in our justice system requires that when we find an injustice, we work diligently to correct it,” Foxx said. “Today marks another step in that process at the Cook County state’s attorney’s office.”

Exonerees, family members and supporters spoke with reporters after the court hearings. Emotions ran high as people cheered, cried and hugged. Some were holding signs showing the faces of Guevara accusers.

Mulero spoke as the first woman to have a conviction overturned due to allegations of misconduct by Guevara.

“I had to be a strong individual because I had two toddlers when I was incarcerated. I had to fight for them. I had to be strong for them,” Mulero said, wiping tears from her eyes.

She served 28 years in prison — including five years on death row — and was released in April 2020.

“There’s other women out there that are incarcerated, that are innocent, that I will keep fighting for, just like our other Guevara victims that are in there,” she added.

Tuesday’s development marks 31 convictions overturned since 2016 in connection to Guevara’s alleged misconduct, claims that range from manipulating witnesses to fabricating evidence.

Joegap

Police earning the hate

Postby Joegap » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:07 pm

Found this one on reddit today

nocera

Police earning the hate

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:27 pm

Something similar happened outside of my apartment in LA. I heard a huge crash around 11pm, went outside to find a police car had t-boned a woman in her car. The cop got out and was immediately taken away in another police car (assumedly to the hospital) while the lady was unconscious in her car. In the next 15 minutes at least 5 other cop cars showed up but nobody so much as checked on the woman until finally an ambulance rolled in and they started CPR. After what seemed like forever, the EMTs stopped CPR and slowly loaded her onto the gurney and into the ambulance. Un-fun fact: actual CPR is horrifically violent. I found out later that she was dead when they arrived. Who knows if the cops who were on site way before the EMTs could've saved but but they sure as hell didn't try. They also claimed that the cop car who hit her had sirens on (it didn't) and the woman who died was negligent. When I got out there, which was seconds after the accident, the cop car had no lights on at all, not even headlights. I couldn't tell you if she was negligent because I didn't see the crash itself but the aftermath showed that the cop must've been flying (with zero sirens/lights on) to cause that sort of impact. The speed limit was 35 mph on that road. The woman's family was trying to fight the police. I found a website they were using to get information. I sent them an email offering up what I saw but never heard anything. It was crazy coming out of my apartment and seeing the immediate cover-up in action and complete lack of concern for the woman who got hit.

DigitalGypsy66

Police earning the hate

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:56 pm

Oh yeah - breaking the sternum is pretty commonplace from what I learned at CPR training a few years ago.

Ad@m

Police earning the hate

Postby Ad@m » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:12 pm

A state trooper has been charged with a DUI after he was found driving under the influence during his shift.

The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) announced DUI charges against York County trooper, Joshua M. Ravel on Thursday, Aug. 18.

Ravel was assigned to Troop J and found to be under the influence of alcohol during his shift on Monday, Aug. 15, according to a press release.

He has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance. Charges were filed at the York County Magisterial District Court.

According to the press release, Ravel enlisted in the PSP in January 2020 and graduated in June 2020. He was assigned to Troop J since his graduation.

He has been suspended without pay pending the outcome of his case.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:09 am

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:45 am

People shouldn't dislike the FBI because it executed a warranted search on Trump's apartment. People should dislike the FBI for stuff like this:

tifosi77

Police earning the hate

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:11 pm

Did I hear that one of the deputies involved here was currently under investigation for another use-of-force incident?

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:13 pm

Want to see a blatant and egregious example of unconstitutional First Amendment retaliation? Then watch these Beaver, Utah police officers harass, intimidate, and eventually cite (for disorderly conduct) an animal-rights activist who was merely speaking and leafletting on a public sidewalk—all on the name of protecting Smithfield, which operates a pork-production plant that is the county's largest employer. And the cops freely admit that they're protecting Smithfield and want to shut the activist down because "your group has been a direct influence on shutting down Smithfield Foods."

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:00 pm

Body cam video here. Freeze frames before shots are fired, but the time between the door opening and them shooting the man is no more than 1 second.