Police earning the hate

Gaucho

Police earning the hate

Postby Gaucho » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:23 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:30 pm

Barnes, who won the 'Core Values Award' at his troop's graduation ceremony in 2019, arrested her on suspicion of intoxicated driving and felony evading but did not test her at the scene for drugs or alcohol and did not call medics, despite the crash.

In his written report, the trooper also struck out a section detailing medical questions with the remark 'Did not ask.'

He took her instead to a nearby hospital, where he did not mention the crash but where she was given blood tests for alcohol and drugs that eventually came back negative.

While in the jail, pressure was building inside her brain from a frontal-lobe subdural hematoma.

'She was left with a notably deteriorating condition and continuing to ask for help,' Vankirk said.

'She was found in a puddle of her own urine almost a full day later.'

Two jail staff then helped her onto a bed in the cell after realizing she was unable to stand, and when she began 'vomiting uncontrollably,' she was moved to a second cell and 'forcibly changed' out of her clothes.

'A few hours later, a member of the jail's medical team was called, and they advised that she be taken to the hospital immediately,' the lawsuit claims.

McClure underwent emergency brain surgery and had a large piece of her skull to relieve pressure on her brain and 'save her remaining brain function.'

She spent nearly three weeks in hospital and her lawyers claim she has been left permanently disabled by the delay in her treatment.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:38 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:09 am

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:01 am

CBear3

Police earning the hate

Postby CBear3 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:04 pm

Stupid cop, kind of ridiculous Twitter commentary. The writer of the article only gives you the quotes about the officer. The article does mention they're not even sure who the dead woman is, so condolences to we don't know who's family would be pretty self serving. Also, from a legal liability standpoint, you probably shouldn't comment on your department killing somebody because of an idiot cop texting/radioing while driving.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:07 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:56 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 pm

Former Mississippi sheriff's deputy gets 20 years in prison in racially motivated torture of 2 Black men
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-mis ... ie-parker/
A former Mississippi sheriff's deputy was sentenced Tuesday to about 20 years in prison for his part in torturing two Black men. Hunter Elward received a 241-month sentence from U.S. District Judge Tom Lee in a Jackson federal court.

Before sentencing, Lee called Elward's crimes "egregious and despicable," and said a "sentence at the top of the guidelines range is justified - is more than justified." He continued: "It's what the defendant deserves. It's what the community and the defendant's victims deserve."

Another officer, Jeffrey Middleton, will be sentenced on Tuesday afternoon. Four other former law enforcement officers are also set to be sentenced this week by the same judge.

Each faces the potential of decades behind bars after admitting in August that they submitted two Black men to numerous acts of racially motivated torture in January 2023.

The terror began on Jan. 24, 2023, with a racist call for extrajudicial violence. A white person phoned Rankin County Deputy Brett McAlpin and complained that two Black men were staying with a white woman at a house in Braxton, Mississippi. McAlpin told Deputy Christian Dedmon, who texted a group of white deputies so willing to use excessive force they called themselves "The Goon Squad."

Once inside, they handcuffed Michael Corey Jenkins and his friend Eddie Terrell Parker and poured milk, alcohol and chocolate syrup over their faces. They forced them to strip naked and shower together to conceal the mess. They mocked the victims with racial slurs and shocked them with stun guns.

Elward admitted to shoving a gun into Jenkins' mouth and firing in a "mock execution" that went awry.

The officers then devised a coverup that included planting drugs and a gun. False charges stood against Jenkins and Parker for months, until one officer told the sheriff he had lied, leading to confessions from others, according to CBS affiliate WJTV.

Both men, who were sitting in the front row, called for the "stiffest of sentences" for the officers. Their attorney, Malik Shabazz, said they were too traumatized to speak in court, and he read statements on their behalf.

"I am hurt. I am broken," Jenkins wrote in his statement. "They tried to take my manhood from me. They did some unimaginable things to me, and the effects will linger for the rest of my life."

Elward, who wore a dark blue jumpsuit with tape obscuring the name of the facility where he is housed, said before being sentenced that he wouldn't make excuses. He turned to address Jenkins and Parker and looked at them directly.

"I don't want to get too personal. I see you every night, and I can't go back and do what's right," Elward said. "I am so sorry for what I did."

His attorney, Joe Hollomon, said Elward had first witnessed Rankin County deputies turn a blind eye to misconduct in 2017.

"It became the new norm, it became institutional," Hollomon said. "Hunter was initiated into a culture of corruption at the Rankin County's sheriff's office."

Elward was also sentenced Tuesday for his role in an assault on another person that took place weeks before Jenkins and Parker were tortured. For the first time Tuesday, prosecutors identified the victim as Alan Schmidt and read a statement from him detailing what happened to him on Dec. 4, 2022.

During a traffic stop that night, Schmidt said Rankin County deputies accused him of possessing stolen property. They pulled him from the car and beat him. Then, Dedmon forced him to his knees and tried to insert his genitals into Schmidt's mouth, as Elward watched.

"I pray every day that I can forgive them one day and hopefully forget the humiliation and the evil physical and sexual assault that I endured," Schmidt wrote. "I know that I'm not their only victim, and I pray for each victim that has crossed paths with the Goon Squad members."

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:52 pm

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:08 pm

After more than 30 minutes of ransacking the family's home, the AirPods—which had been stolen in a carjacking earlier that day—were found on the street outside the family's home, where they had almost certainly landed after being tossed out the window of the stolen car.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:30 pm

More on an article posted above. Five Albuquerque cops have now resigned in connection with an alleged conspiracy under which officers in the DUI unit allegedly took payoffs to make drunk driving cases disappear by failing to show up for court, which resulted in the charges being dismissed.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:57 pm

One of the big problems with policing is poor and insufficient training. Exacerbating that problem is the quality of the training, especially training by private companies. The New Jersey comptroller investigated a training seminar conducted by a private company called Street Cop Training. Nearly 1,000 police officers attended that October 2021 conference. The investigation found:

- Instructors at the seminar promoted the use of unconstitutional policing tactics for motor vehicle stops, including a "Reasonable Suspicion Factors" checklist for traffic stops that contained many blatantly unconstitutional items;

- Instructors provided training that encouraged police officers to illegally prolong stops in violation of the Fourth Amendment;

- Instructors glorified violence and an excessively militaristic or “warrior” approach to policing and advised attending officers to “treat every motor vehicle stop as if you are going to die and you might just live.”

- Multiple instructors mocked, undermined, and disparaged police reform initiatives, mandated police academy training, and public safety initiatives focusing on drunk driving or speeding.

-The seminar included over 100 racist, discriminatory, or harassing remarks by speakers and instructors, with repeated references to speakers’ genitalia, lewd gestures, and demeaning quips about women and minorities.

The majority of officers at the seminar had their attendance paid for by their public employers, including over $75,000 in public funds that were spent on attendance by New Jersey departments. Police departments are using your tax dollars to train cops to hate you, to constantly suspect you, and to violate your rights.

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:18 pm

Remember that kidnapped girl who got shot by the cops?

The video was released yesterday. It's as bad as it looked back then.

tifosi77

Police earning the hate

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:27 pm

Buck fever....... for people!

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:44 pm