no stupid questions thread

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:25 pm

I have a remote start. My car is perfectly warm/cool whenever I want it to be. It's not been that bad cleaning off snow/ice - if it was, I'd park it in the garage.

I have to laugh, @skullman80 - "Gee, my TWO CAR garage is just so darn huge, it fits two cars and every single thing I own - how do these peasants not do the same?!" :lol: :lol: I kid, I kid.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Some of my neighbors have vehicles too big for their old garages. Hell, even the new houses that were built 3 years ago have garages so small that the one neighbor gave up parking in it because he can't open the door past half way.
This. Built a new house, had never done it before, and neglected to focus on garage size. Can barely fit side by side in the two car, and can only fit the Mini in the single door.
Most of my neighbors made the same mistake and park their trucks outside out of necessity.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Heh, very few of our neighbors use their garages. They have boats, golf carts, motorcycles and random crap in it.

Then they complain when the local meth head steals stuff out of their unlocked, driveway parked cars.

I think our car insurance is a bit lower because we park in a garage (or maybe it's just that we live in a house with a garage).

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:34 pm

We have a one car garage that's currently full of sh*t from moving. Maybe by winter we'll get enough organized to put a car in there. Doubt it, but maybe. :lol:

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:44 pm

I've been looking to upgrade to a nicer, bigger house and one of my wants is a two car garage, but there isn't a lot of them available in the areas I want to move to.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:51 pm

I have a remote start. My car is perfectly warm/cool whenever I want it to be. It's not been that bad cleaning off snow/ice - if it was, I'd park it in the garage.

I have to laugh, @skullman80 - "Gee, my TWO CAR garage is just so darn huge, it fits two cars and every single thing I own - how do these peasants not do the same?!" :lol: :lol: I kid, I kid.
Heh. It took me till I was 37 to finally have a house with a garage of my own. My wife before we met had bought her house as a single woman so she had a one car garage. When I moved in...she obviously got to keep the garage and I parked outside.
When we talked about moving into a bigger house I said there is no way we are moving if it's not a two car garage, and since no houses we looked at really had outside sheds we needed a big two car garage to store stuff. Neither one of us drive huge vehicles (I drive a Crosstrek, she drives an Impreza, but you could fit a full size truck in there on both sides with a bit of room to spare.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:02 pm

I have a race car with no window glass in my garage bay so I'm kind of screwed if I don't do something with that by winter. The wife's pay is fine, though.

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm

I'm with @skullman80 -- I waited a long time to get a house that had a garage and I'm gonna darn well use it for my car. But I also get it that cars and SUV's are too big for a lot of older house's garages so it just doesn't work. My next door neighbor converted his garage into another family room and I've noticed most others in my town house neighborhood use theirs for storage.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Source of the post They have boats, golf carts, motorcycles and random crap in it.
That's what your lawns are for, amiright?

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:04 pm

:lol:

I have a neighbor - a sheriff’s deputy - who has his deputy Explorer, personal SUV, wife’s car, boat, Cam Am Bombardier rover thing all out on his lawn.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:13 pm

**** rednecks. ;)

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Oh, he also has a utility trailer on his lawn too.

His wife is a PSU alum fwiw :pop:

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:06 pm

I paved my lawn to make it less obvious that I am parking on it.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:00 pm

I'm also with skullman. There's no way I'm owning a garage and not parking my car in it. I would never fill it with stuff to the point where my car wouldn't fit.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:43 pm

the house I bought last year has a two car garage...except the back half of the garage was finished and turned into an office (with a drywall separator). So I only have half of the depth for a garage

I’m not sure if I don’t like it or not. I never really park my car in my garage but if I wanted to I wouldn’t be able to which is a little annoying

I could try parallel parking in it...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:21 am

Organization goes a long way if you absolutely must keep stuff in your garage. I have a decent sized area behind where our two cars are in our garage, but anything that can be hung on the walls using Rubbermaid's FastTrack system is. I highly recommend it.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 am

Once my shed comes and I can put all my stuff back in a proper shed, I'm going to build shelves in the back of the garage to organize things better. Problem is I know we'll end up filling the space with more useless junk.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:38 am

Once my shed comes and I can put all my stuff back in a proper shed, I'm going to build shelves in the back of the garage to organize things better. Problem is I know we'll end up filling the space with more useless junk.
Uh-oh, here comes a George Carlin bit.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:40 pm

why is there a trend of people taking selfies or recording youtube videos of themselves in their car? not a specific trend, just something I noticed

like if you go on twitter, everyone with a dumb opinion has a avatar of their selfie of them in a car

it's so weird

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:49 pm

why is there a trend of people taking selfies or recording youtube videos of themselves in their car? not a specific trend, just something I noticed

like if you go on twitter, everyone with a dumb opinion has a avatar of their selfie of them in a car

it's so weird
@NailedPenguin is our resident Twitter expert.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Oh.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:04 pm

Uh-oh, here comes a George Carlin bit.
Here's a list of people who should be tied to posts in the desert and get napalm dropped between their balls:
These guys, who are always looking for more storage. Yeah more storage, gotta have more storage. As if an entire house with three bedrooms, six closets, a garage, a back yard, a front yard, a breakfast nook, reading nook, reading loft, attic, under the beds, on the shelves, and that spot under the sink where you throw your jerk-off rag when the wife comes home too early...isn't enough.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:50 pm

:lol:

I have a neighbor - a sheriff’s deputy - who has his deputy Explorer, personal SUV, wife’s car, boat, Cam Am Bombardier rover thing all out on his lawn.
Drives me nuts. I live in an older middle class neighborhood, my neighbor parks their car on the front lawn. Come on man. Why dont you just put it on blocks you goddamn hillbilly?

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:54 pm

I have thrown two trash bags of detritus out from the garage,basement, shed, pantry, etc out most weeks of covid and still have way too much ****.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:57 pm

Japan nicknames itself “land of the rising sun”. The kanji for Japan is 日本 which means sun origin. How would they know they were the furthest major landmass on the eastern part of Asia?

Also, are there non Japanese locations in the world that nickname theirselves “land of the rising sun”? Like Eastern American Indians, or native South Americans in Brazil?