The Walking Dead Thread

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby count2infinity » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 pm

I’m not sure they could have made shiva’s death worse if they tried. Jfc.

AuthorTony

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 pm

The heroes can't take out 10 toxic waste infected zombies and just stand there and watch while the tiger gets eaten? The show couldn't spring for another 20 extras to at least make that seem remotely realistic?

And, as much as I love my Jeep, weren't the bad guys shooting Rick's front end with the 50 cal? Yeah, that Jeep was toast. Sorry.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:25 am

9 times out of 10, I forgive overpowering or underpowering weapons in a tv show/movie. This is the 1 time. This was the equivalent of Rick getting hit in the leg with a rocket launcher and limping away.

AuthorTony

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 am

9 times out of 10, I forgive overpowering or underpowering weapons in a tv show/movie. This is the 1 time. This was the equivalent of Rick getting hit in the leg with a rocket launcher and limping away.
Yeah, it was so ridiculous. They play up the power of the 50 cal, then act like it wouldn't destroy that Jeep. The bad guys had the 50 cal packed away, so why not just have the guy shooting at Rick's Jeep with a pistol instead? Then it wouldn't be so ludicrous.

columbia

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby columbia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 am

That episode strongly questioned my limited faith. One more episode for this half season?

count2infinity

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 am

I'm just about to the point where I'll not be watching the night of... I'll catch it later on demand. It's not worth it anymore.

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:51 am

didn't watch it last night. fast forwarded through 60% of it this morning. what a hunk of sh!t.

cooooool another shootout and everyone's dead but the 3 characters we know. phew. close one.

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:47 pm

I never thought they'd turn me off to all-out war, but they've sufficiently ruined it for me. Sure this is all in a zombie infested world...BUT....

Your **** writing and understanding how anything related to a gun does work blows my mind.

1) After just firing off hundreds of .50 cal rounds, the guys were handling it by the barrel to pack it away. It doesn't work that way ya dolts.

2) The insistence to show multiple scenes where hundreds of rounds are being shot and bullet holes aren't appearing, but sparks are. GET EFFING REAL.

3) THE INSISTENCE TO SHOW MULTIPLE SCENES WHERE HUNDREDS OF ROUNDS ARE BEING SHOT AND NONE ARE EJECTING FROM THE RIFLE.

4) THE INSISTENCE TO SHOW MULTIPLE SCENES WHERE QUITE CLEARLY THEY'RE SHOOTING SEMI AUTO RIFLES AS AUTOMATICS. LOOKING AT YOU SOCOM M1A WITH A TEN ROUND MAG THAT WAS SHOT AS A FULL AUTO. A 308 WOULD HAVE HAD THAT DOLT LOOKING AT THE SKY AFTER SHOOTING TWO ROUNDS THE WAY HE WAS HOLDING IT.

5) THE INSISTENCE TO MAKE US BELIEVE THAT A .50 CAL RIFLE CAN'T SHOOT THROUGH THE ENGINE BLOCK OF A BEAT UP JEEP, LET ALONE BOUNCING OFF A WINDSHIELD BECAUSE RICK IS BEHIND IT.

I don't know man, you want to tell me there's a war, but your writing team can't understand how to tell a story with action. It's seriously offensive.

dodint

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Legitimate query: Does anyone like TWD in its current form? The apologists aren't even coming out of the woodwork this time around.

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:53 pm

I would very much like it if they just wrote it smart, or only focused on stuff from the comics - at least then I can just say it's an adaptation. I just don't think Gimple and the team is good enough to try their own things, which means if the mid season fianle is true, I'm probably going to tune out because they're going to go away from the source material, and if this current product is in inclination, I'll catch it on deman.

The gunplay stuff, is killing it for me because this is "all out war." They haven't even focused on Negan, it's all internal struggle morality **** that we had last year.

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Legitimate query: Does anyone like TWD in its current form? The apologists aren't even coming out of the woodwork this time around.
reddit seems to think last night was wonderful. go there to experience some serious bewilderment.

i really don't care about the technical snafus about how guns work. i just don't want to see anymore speeches or anymore of people shooting at obstacles. like it's actually unbelievable that they have spent this much time shooting at car doors. if you strip all that away, you're left with a tight 20 minutes. so you know what you do then? the next episode that could be condensed into 20 minutes...combine the two into 1 decent episode. like a normal god damn show. we've had AT MOST 2 episodes of content this season. things would be ok if they weren't stretching it out.

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:19 pm

reddit seems to think last night was wonderful. go there to experience some serious bewilderment.

i really don't care about the technical snafus about how guns work. i just don't want to see anymore speeches or anymore of people shooting at obstacles. like it's actually unbelievable that they have spent this much time shooting at car doors. if you strip all that away, you're left with a tight 20 minutes. so you know what you do then? the next episode that could be condensed into 20 minutes...combine the two into 1 decent episode. like a normal god damn show. we've had AT MOST 2 episodes of content this season. things would be ok if they weren't stretching it out.
The reddit fanbase took that episode in stride last night and celebrated that it looked like an 80s action movie. Even with the character death, it felt unnecessary. Jerry literally could have carried Ezekial and they could have been better off and gotten further away from the zombies.

It's just garbage writing, all to make Ezekial realize he's lying to everyone.

The gunplay at the end was part of the story. They clearly showed a weapon of considerable destruction hit Rick's jeep and they had nothing but the radiator hose go off. They're literally writing this action into the show to move a point. It's so stupid.

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 pm

It's just garbage writing, all to make Ezekial realize he's lying to everyone.
it's kind of silly that every character needs the ULTIMATE tragedy to take place to develop their character. it's not rocket science for Morgan to figure out he needs to kill for self defense. it's a total no doi. same with carol knowing she couldn't stay in that shack forever or for Zeek to realize that people WERE going to die. like...if you're going to have all this internal strife, it can't be situations where everyone watching is like, "wake up, idiot". they've done a better job with this sort of thing and Rick over the years. his inner conflicts have generally been within reason.

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:42 pm

I agree, and I don't think every bit player needs that kind of story either. It's just getting old every time someone gets close to dying some poorly written plot armor keeps them from doing so.

Carol last night - she was outnumbered - and made it a point to call out that they didn't have any more ammo after shooting up the truck for no reason.

Negan when he walked outside it could have ended right there - but we gotta talk first.

That's my gripe with the story writing, it's poorly put together, it isn't smart or unique and it caters always to the lowest common denominator.

count2infinity

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 pm

How long would this season be if you took out all the needless gun fights/zombie fights? Like 30 minutes?

AuthorTony

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:04 pm

How long would this season be if you took out all the needless gun fights/zombie fights? Like 30 minutes?
Remove that plus the "inspirational" speeches and slow motion close ups and you're definitely under 30 min.

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 pm

we've seen 1 to 1.5 episodes of content so far. i've already forgotten how many they've actually aired.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:00 pm

50 cal rounds are used in anti-material rifles. They call them anti-material because they are used to literally destroy equipment and machinery. :face:

dodint

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Fun fact. By the Geneva Convention you can't shoot a person with a .50 cal. You can shoot their body armor though, and if the person happens to die in the process, well, that's unfortunate.

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Fun fact. By the Geneva Convention you can't shoot a person with a .50 cal. You can shoot their body armor though, and if the person happens to die in the process, well, that's unfortunate.
am i crazy to think i'd rather be wasted by heavy artillery as opposed to getting shot in the gut and taking waaaaay too long to die?

dodint

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Probably not.

Remember that bayonets are designed humanely. Anything is possible. ;)

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby meow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm

This show is bad

imo

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:49 pm

I haven't watched any episodes this year.

columbia

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby columbia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Don't

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:59 pm

I found out how Shiva died and was glad I have not watched.