The Walking Dead Thread

Gaucho

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Gaucho » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:25 pm

I agree that the extra episodes were crappy and pointless, although I have yet to see the Negan episode. I thought the last season was ok, but tbh FTWD has been the more interesting show for some time now. Same weaknesses, tho. I wouldn't mind a few episodes of people just peacefully living their lives.

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:34 pm

I'm going to guess I'm the only person out there still watching this, mainly because I've watched it this long and with this season being the last, might as well finish it.

I'm watching the final 6 episodes of season 10 that aired earlier in the year. They are all pooh so far. Even for this show. And on top of that, I had to remember WTF happened a full year earlier.
As a pretty hardcore fan of the series, I gave up right around the time Carl died. The book version is always going to be better, and whatever Gimple did to earn a shot to drive that series into the ground really kind of ruined the whole thing for me.

I saw the rest of Season 10 is on netflix, which I'll watch, but I'll get around to finishing the series out, there's just nothing for me there.

They can't even release the movies right, and should have left Rick on TV if it was going to take 5+ years to produce the first one, LOOOOOONNNNNNNG after TWD hype was gone.

AuthorTony

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:35 pm

As a pretty hardcore fan of the series, I gave up right around the time Carl died.
I bailed around the same time. Not because I cared about Carl, but because it was clear they were just meandering along with no point or purpose. And because it had become so damned boring.

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:38 pm

They honest to god, had the material to go to season 11 if they wanted to, with the commonwealth and Rick's ending and it'd had been fine. They didn't need off-shoots and stories that they created. The second they did that, they often jumped the shark and it was dumb.

Straying from source-material, ESPECIALLY when you kill Carl and then "Rick" for the sense of moving in a different direction, but then ultimately ending it back at the commonwealth was just dumb-dumb logic.

NAN

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby NAN » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:12 pm

I just finished up Season 10. the Carol /salad episode was painful. The Neagan episode was actually enjoyable (the finale).

But yeah, after the Whisperers were killed and that story line ended, the last 6 episodes of the season were just painful (minus the finale).

Troy Loney

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 28, 2022 11:46 am

This show became my COVID binge experience, basically two plus days in bed with it on the iPad.

I mean, it is hard to take seriously though, but not in a bad way. It’s pretty funny how they made all these folks seal 6 operators, but, fine, they’re bad ass and it’s fun watching them take evil people out.

You do have to use the skip ahead button a lot, only way to get through some of the ****, so many worthless flashbacks, and “character” scenes.

Only thing, I cannot accept carl as some wise being, or whatever the hell they think he is. The kid just became worse and worse at acting, he could pass as a kid, cause that’s just playing a kid, but putting him in that god damn stupid hat, with his “hair” and then the eye patch…lol. The gangly ass skinny kid trying to be tough wearing that costume. Gtfo, and the “respect” negan had for this kid, please god give me the strength to accept lol.

Other terrible things
The Tara revenge story line for her annoying dork girlfriend
Sasha and Abraham love story
Maggie’s braveheart speech before the battle, following Ezekiel and Rick, who could both obviously pull that off, then they let let her try off the cutting board? Lol

nocera

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby nocera » Sat May 28, 2022 12:51 pm

That post gave me PTSD.

NAN

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby NAN » Sat May 28, 2022 12:53 pm

I'm just waiting for the rest of season 11 to finish up, an hopefully be moved to Netflix so I can binge it and then be done.

Troy Loney

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 28, 2022 12:55 pm

I will say that, Rick grimes is always going to be the queue card guy in love actually, not Rick grimes

Troy Loney

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 28, 2022 12:59 pm

Also, this thread is too damn long and I don’t have it to look through.

Is Carl universally hated? Cause if he’s not, I just don’t understand anyone anywhere

NAN

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby NAN » Sat May 28, 2022 1:45 pm

Also, this thread is too damn long and I don’t have it to look through.

Is Carl universally hated? Cause if he’s not, I just don’t understand anyone anywhere
I think for the most part. Yes

dodint

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby dodint » Sat May 28, 2022 5:59 pm

Coral is hated, yes.

Who was the flaky chick around season 5? Enid. Blech.

Troy Loney

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Really genius for them to off Carl then bring in Henry to both be terrible and drive annoying plot lines.

I guess they just don’t know any other way.
We need suspense
Oh right, let’s just make the annoying kid bring danger

nocera

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:46 pm

Lol. So it went from a trilogy to a limited series. At least they realized that nobody cares anymore.

NAN

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby NAN » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:39 am

I'm still waiting for the final season to finish up so I can watch it and be done forever.

Gaucho

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:59 am

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:56 am

They waited entirely too long for the Andrew Lincoln stuff, to the point where they should have kept him on the show, and ended it the way it ended in the comics. They really killed something that has its own momentum.

nocera

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:58 am

To be faaaaaaair the show was dead long before they wrote Rick off.

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:00 pm

That's why the movies never made sense. It was dumb when it was decided, and it's even more dumb now. If he wanted to leave the show, then kill him off then, don't do this movie nonsense thinking it was a good decision. Saying he was going to be in a "movie" but launch the movie after the show concluded was striking when the iron was already molded into whatever **** it was, and done with.

The person they shouldn't have killed was Carl. Killing him because he was expensive and then using the kid because it's cheap was BS.

NAN

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:19 pm

Final episodes of Season 11 (the finale season) are coming out starting October 2nd. It will be nice to finally put this show to bed.

nocera

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:21 pm

I commend you for sticking with it. You are more patient than most.

NAN

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:24 pm

I commend you for sticking with it. You are more patient than most.
I've done it for a number of things. I guess I'm a glut for punishment.

It's definitely been painful.

NAN

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby NAN » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:24 am

Anyone watching the last season? I haven't yet, but will binge once they are finished. But there is only 3 episodes left.

I guess they are doing a spin off with Daryll once this wraps. I'm not watching that.

Troy Loney

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:31 am

Anyone watching the last season? I haven't yet, but will binge once they are finished. But there is only 3 episodes left.

I guess they are doing a spin off with Daryll once this wraps. I'm not watching that.
I am watching it, i would say it's the final convergence. Their attempts at, I guess you'd call "character development" and the love relationships have always been incredibly painful, just absolutely dreadful...too many to count.

But anyway, the villains, and the plot arcs have been excellent and make the show entertaining.

But now, the conclusion of the show is the convergence of the plot and the character stories, both just painful.

NAN

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby NAN » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:38 am

Thanks for the heads up. I've always wondered how they would wrap up this show.