The Walking Dead Thread

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Same rules apply...comic book use spoilers.

I just bought the first compendium...looking forward to getting into the comics.

Really looking forward to seeing what happens with Rick in the next episode...
I bet Rick and Carol get exiled.

Morkle

Re: The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:13 pm

Can't wait for the season finale.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:56 am

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:21 am

Nice. :)

By the way for fans there is a great podcast I have listened to for a while that does reviews and the like.
http://www.talkingdeadpodcast.com/

FreeCandy44

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:58 pm

So...who dies tonight?

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:15 pm

I think Daryl/Carol dies tonight.

Freddy Rumsen

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:25 pm

They are both supposed to be on the Talking Dead on AMC...that is usually not a good sign.
Chris Hardwick @nerdist
I'm NOT exaggerating when I say @WalkingDead_AMC finale is the best one so far! It's 90 minutes tonight then @AMCTalkingDead w Daryl & Carol

large garlic

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby large garlic » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:28 pm

I think Daryl/Carol dies tonight.
Yeah, I haven't read the comics, but it's clear that Daryl and Aaron are on the track of some bad dudes. I also took that horse scene for a heavy-handed metaphor saying that when you try to reign in a wild stallion (e.g. Daryl), they get eaten by zombies. It would be just like this show to stick that bit of foreshadowing in, and then have everyone on Talking Dead gush over how clever the writers are.

the wicked child

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:08 pm

They are both supposed to be on the Talking Dead on AMC...that is usually not a good sign.
Chris Hardwick @nerdist
I'm NOT exaggerating when I say @WalkingDead_AMC finale is the best one so far! It's 90 minutes tonight then @AMCTalkingDead w Daryl & Carol
Most of the finales haven't been very good, IMO (or at least not good finales, anyway)... so if that is actually true, it is welcomed.

I'm torn on this current season. Through 3 episodes, I absolutely loved it. Then the hospital crap derailed it. It got better after that, but hasn't climbed back to the early season high for me.

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:54 pm

Season 3 finale was horrible. Just horrible.

The rest have all been good not great

Freddy Rumsen

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:32 pm

The Walking Dead could have been epic if Frank Darabont had not been exiled by the idiots at AMC. Instead we received a second season which was Star Wars prequels bad, a third season which had its moments, a fourth season with too much governor (but a phenomenal episode called "The Grove"), and a fifth season which was epic for three episodes, as bad as anything the second season did for 5 episodes, and then a second half of the season which has been good, but not great. So much wasted opportunity.

Freddy Rumsen

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Totally missed the episode tonight...will have to wait until it pops up on Amazon Prime.

the wicked child

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Best finale so far? I dunno. Good episode, but does it make me go OMG can't wait for next season? No. No, it does not.

Really not a fan of Lieutenant Carver, I mean Gabriel. This guy is nothing but a liability, and completely unlikable.

AuthorTony

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:53 pm

I thought it was probably the best season finale (that's not saying it was amazing as none of the finales have been amazing). It was one of the most suspenseful episodes of the series and sets up next season nicely. I don't need a cheesy cliffhanger every year.

columbia

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby columbia » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Best finale so far? I dunno. Good episode, but does it make me go OMG can't wait for next season? No. No, it does not. .
In fact, it does.

Morkle

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Morkle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:27 pm

I think the season finale was excellent. Wrapped up the remaining holes, Rick was right all along, which Deanna now sees.

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:32 pm

I like this show. That episode was bad. It was really clumsy, with deus ex machina oozing out of every pore. So many convenient coincidences. That's bad story telling at its core.

Good suspense though, I guess. And the overall arc was fine-ish. But the way they got there had no grace. It was bad.

dodint

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 am

I actually liked it. When they started the montage at 85mins I rolled my eyes but then it ended with a bang. Good stuff.

malkintent

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby malkintent » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:48 am

this show needs more lennie james. the dudes acting is far above anybody else on the show.

Freddy Rumsen

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:22 am

Just finished.

Amazing.

The only thing I didn't like was the lame "the hero shows up just as we almost get done counting to three".

Freddy Rumsen

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:31 am

Also
Doesn't Morgan know that it is a bad idea to the "one black guy" in this group?

Instant death.

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 am

people on the old board have it right, regarding this episode. maybe it was a mistake coming over here ;)

-glen has a gun shot wound, and decides to fist fight a guy with a gun instead of going back to safety and ratting him out
-then glen is under a pile of walkers and lives. k.
-daryl and aaron are about to die, but they seem totally into it
-but wait...exactly on 3, morgan saves the day...with a stick. these walkers sure ain't what they used to be. weird that rick struggled so mightily with just one of them
-aaaand morgan is a ninja now
-and looky, angry dad has all day to plan his big drunken entrance. they show him grinning out the window. he must have something up his sleeve. nope. just stumbling into the meeting with a...samurai sword?
-good thing though...how else could they possibly progress the plot with him accidentally killing that dude without a damn samurai sword. there was no other way to write that.
-meanwhile, sasha is making the sasha face and...finds god? what? why? come on.
-and if that gate is left open so willy nilly, there's no way those people have lasted more than a week. come the f*** on with that.

it was just a bunch of s*** thrown at the wall. they had a good overall story to tell. rick coming in with the walker and then shooting angry dad was an awesome culmination. and the wolves are wonderfully sinister. great villains. i'll give ninja morgan a pass for being a ninja somehow because i've loved his character the whole way. character wise, carol is also a star right now.

a lot of good elements. a good point to leave us, as well. but jesus, was it a mess to get there.

Freddy Rumsen

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:13 am

I have heard several rumblings on the interweb that this is the end of the First Act of a Three Act Play, which makes sense from a dramatic point of view (and makes sense with the comics).

PFiDC

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:03 am

So what was with dude flipping through pictures of Rick and Carl and the farmhouse, etc.?

shmenguin

The Walking Dead Thread

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 am

So what was with dude flipping through pictures of Rick and Carl and the farmhouse, etc.?
the wolves now know about the safe zone. i'm sure they're now headed that way.

what's the point of what they were doing at that warehouse, though? they just want to lure people in to kill them and go through their stuff? and why take poncho there if you're just cutting his throat? to get more walkers?