Worst takes on this message board

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 pm

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Cyclists are bad, but joggers are worse. Much worse.
There is no way to justify this opinion unless there’s a secret society of joggers that conspired to murder your family.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

People that cross the street without even looking. That's a no no even if there is a clear crosswalk. A mm high stripe of white paint is not going to stop 5,000 pound pickup from running you over if the driver is paying about the same amount of attention as you are. Is your "righteousness" worth that?

Moron

This is why I laughed when I say the report about that woman getting hit by a trail last month. Idiots that don't pay attention...
That is horseshit.

I live near a clearly marked cross walk where in most cases you have to walk into oncoming traffic to force cars to yield for pedestrian crossing. I'm just waiting for the day that I get hit in a cross walk and am just praying that the driver is insured so that I can retire on my injury settlement.

I stop for people in crosswalks, but the point still stands.

That is actually another non-vulgar thing that I find myself saying often, when the college idiots are slowly walking across the street with their faces buried in their phones, "How about you pretend that someone is waiting on you and MOOOOOVE"

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:25 pm

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm

There is no way to justify this opinion unless there’s a secret society of joggers that conspired to murder your family.
Agreed. In general, you are far more likely to deal with an aggressive, non-rule abiding cyclist than a jogger. I can't even think of a recent instance where I saw a jogger that was acting like that.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Okay.

Kane

Postby Kane » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Pretty sure it's Yoggers.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Yaromir?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Okay.
I mean...present a case or something, maybe.

But I guess this is the bad take thread, and you’ve done your part.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Yeah, cyclists are way, way more vicious and a nuisance than joggers...goin' away.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:24 pm

Cyclists stress me more than joggers because they could tumble into my lane easier and faster. Joggers are more predictable

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:31 pm

And cyclists are more entitled...

"This lane is ours...you can't even load your hockey bag into your trunk for 40 seconds in the bike lane without me giving you **** for it on the way by........also, the other lanes are ours too if we want to use them...and the sidewalk, because the bike lane is too dangerous for bikes..."

"We're vehicles too, treat us equally...except when it comes to stop signs, traffic lights, traffic, turning on red, changing lanes without signalling and most other laws that apply to vehicles operating in a road...we're above those."

I've been roving the streets of Philadelphia for however long now, I walk to and from work every day for more than five years...and it wasn't uncommon for me to walk to my other job before this one...I walk to the rink often...I'm out and about all the time...I think the most I've ever heard from a jogger is "on your left" which is a fine call...cyclists, not even close...you mean well and all, but you can kiss my schnuts...
Last edited by mikey on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:34 pm

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:58 pm

"We're vehicles too, treat us equally...except when it comes to stop signs, traffic lights, traffic, turning on red, changing lanes without signalling and most other laws that apply to vehicles operating in a road...we're above those."
If you really want to wind up one of these guys/gals suggest to them since they have road rights they ought to be licensed and their bikes registered along with the appropriate fees.

:lol:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:54 pm

We had a weird run-in with a fellow cycler here this week on vacation. We rent bikes and ride all over Hilton Head, which has many miles of dedicated bike trails. It’s obviously very bike friendly.

There are many stop signs, yield signs, and stop painted lines on the various bike trails. One particular route we go on has a stop sign every 20 feet or so - for parking lots, side streets, and so on. We don’t stop at those, as it’s ridiculous. Some of the distances couldn’t fit 4 stopped bikes between the two stop signs. Obviously, if there are cars turning we stop...but most of the stop signs are to empty or nearly empty parking lots. These are not DOT car stop signs, but purely for bike trails.

So we had this older guy chastise all four of us “You didn’t stop, you didn’t stop, you didn’t stop” all the way past the four of us. I’ve never seen ANYONE stop at these stop signs in the three plus years we’ve been coming here. Who the **** does this guy think he is? :lol:

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 pm

If you really want to wind up one of these guys/gals suggest to them since they have road rights they ought to be licensed and their bikes registered along with the appropriate fees.

I’m familiar with the brushback from advocating for this kind of overhead to be applied to fanatics obsessed with a non-essential hobby. It’s not that fun.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:01 pm

I finished the game a long time ago, but every once in a while I fire up GTA V just so I can steal a truck, drive out to the highway that runs past the prison, and run over the cyclists that spawn on that highway during the day. If I'm lucky one will get stuck in the grille, and then I can run head-on into something and crush them even more.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:21 pm

We had a weird run-in with a fellow cycler here this week on vacation. We rent bikes and ride all over Hilton Head, which has many miles of dedicated bike trails. It’s obviously very bike friendly.

There are many stop signs, yield signs, and stop painted lines on the various bike trails. One particular route we go on has a stop sign every 20 feet or so - for parking lots, side streets, and so on. We don’t stop at those, as it’s ridiculous. Some of the distances couldn’t fit 4 stopped bikes between the two stop signs. Obviously, if there are cars turning we stop...but most of the stop signs are to empty or nearly empty parking lots. These are not DOT car stop signs, but purely for bike trails.

So we had this older guy chastise all four of us “You didn’t stop, you didn’t stop, you didn’t stop” all the way past the four of us. I’ve never seen ANYONE stop at these stop signs in the three plus years we’ve been coming here. Who the **** does this guy think he is? :lol:

There are stop signs on the bike path at the entrances/exits of Costco at the Waterfront. Cyclists do NOT like to stop at them for cars coming in and out of the parking lot. A few have yelled at me for pulling up enough to make them stop, and I point at their stop sign and yell nasties back. It makes me happy.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:21 pm

If there’s no traffic, it’s better for the bikes to just slow down and go through it rather than come to a complete stop. It just holds up traffic when the bikes all come to a stop and wait there, then take their time getting their bikes moving again to get through the intersection.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Exactly.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:36 pm

I’m familiar with the brushback from advocating for this kind of overhead to be applied to fanatics obsessed with a non-essential hobby. It’s not that fun.
Hmmmmmmmm. :|

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm

I finished the game a long time ago, but every once in a while I fire up GTA V just so I can steal a truck, drive out to the highway that runs past the prison, and run over the cyclists that spawn on that highway during the day. If I'm lucky one will get stuck in the grille, and then I can run head-on into something and crush them even more.
Ha... It's been a while since I used all the codes and went on an old fashioned terror spree in that game.

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:17 am

BTW... I "threaded the needle" this morning.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 am

tyfys to this thread

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:03 pm

I'm having flashbacks here... @Morkle , was it you that had that person at a Pirates game that was eating a jar of miracle whip?
Yes, and it was sour cream. Straight up spoonfuls of Sour Cream. Was the second game of the opening series of like 2014/2015 against the Dodgers.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByyjY4iHgJs ... 12tsjindz5