Chefs at the Steelers - Game 2

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:18 pm

The factor not being considered when kicking deep is if you get it back, you'll have okay field position, which is a must with having no timeouts. If you onside it and don't recover then you're getting it back inside your twenty.

That said I still say onside it the way the defense was playing today. Also, it would be an in interesting case study to see who complained when they did onside it vs the Jags and who complained today when they didn't onside it. I feel like there's probably some overlap

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:14 pm

The factor not being considered when kicking deep is if you get it back, you'll have okay field position, which is a must with having no timeouts. If you onside it and don't recover then you're getting it back inside your twenty.

That said I still say onside it the way the defense was playing today. Also, it would be an in interesting case study to see who complained when they did onside it vs the Jags and who complained today when they didn't onside it. I feel like there's probably some overlap
That was interesting. I was happy to see I was consistent in thinking you onside it in that situation. Grunty didn't want the onside kick in that game and didn't want them to kick it deep today :pop:

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:29 pm

That was interesting. I was happy to see I was consistent in thinking you onside it in that situation. Grunty didn't want the onside kick in that game and didn't want them to kick it deep today :pop:
Because Bortles sucks ass and has a higher chance of **** ing up on a regular basis.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:49 pm

When the Starting Linebacker Dms you
https://mobile.twitter.com/RussD317/sta ... 5372639232

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Knowing Bud’s game he either got there too early or got into the vicinity of the house and ran 15 yards into the backyard instead of heading for the front door.

God damn is this team ever unlikable.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 am

:lol: at this reply: "Give your girl a football to hold and Bud will never touch her."

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:57 am

I'm fully on board with blaming Tomlin for this joke of a team.

I think Broeth is part of it, but this defense is comically bad.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 am

Looking forward to the Steelers drafting another OLB in the first round because they'll let Dupree walk due to sucking, or they'll draft a MLB like they should have done last year. Also looking forward to the Steelers continuing to de-prioritize CBs so we can continue to watch them give up 40 points a game because they all collectively suck, minus Haden apparently.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:30 am

great googly moogily

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:34 am

Knowing Bud’s game he either got there too early or got into the vicinity of the house and ran 15 yards into the backyard instead of heading for the front door.

God damn is this team ever unlikable.
I think Tweeting players is incredibly lame, but I agree with you, there just isn't a lot to like about this team anymore.

I'm looking forward to seeing what FitzMagic does to us next weekend.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:45 am

Next week will be the week the Steelers shut TB down, because I'm gonna start Djax after he's been nearly unstoppable so far.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:21 am

This offensive line (and fullback) gets paid way too damn much money for it to be so difficult to run the ball in short yardage situations. Conner's TD yesterday was a great individual effort, but god damn James gets blown up, Nix is through the back of the end zone without touching anyone, and Conner needs to drive, spin, and throw himself toward the endzone to get a millimeter of the ball across the line. **** block someone. It's just as bad when you start a possession with the RB getting hammered in the backfield as soon as he gets the handoff.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:31 am

This is what is called an 'analogy'. 'Texas leaguer' is a baseball term for a pop fly that drops between the infield and outfield, and accurately describes the type of kick I'm talking about.
Also even assuming the 20% goes down, even by half to 10%, why wouldn't you try it?
Boswell's success rate in the NFL is 0%, including one attempt that travelled all of 4".
Well Texas Leaguer is a TIL for me.

It doesn't really matter what his career success rate is (and I am sure you are burying the fact that he's probably attempted no more than 10 in his career). We all acknowledge its a low percentage play, and I am giving you 10% vs the 20% success rate for expected onside kicks given the rule adjustment. The point is you need the ball again, and a first down ends it whether you onside kick or not. In that context -- and adding the game-specific context that the other side has put up 42 on you with 450 yards of offense -- you take your shot at a 1 in 10 lottery ticket.