crusherstasiak

Any Chess Players?

Postby crusherstasiak » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:29 pm

White to move or black?

I was black in this time scramble and my opponent immediately resigned after d3

Pavel Bure

Any Chess Players?

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:55 pm

Forked king, queen, and both rooks. White is completely forked.
heh
Well, there's the Royal Fork and I was trying to think what you'd call this and 'completely forked' is perfect
Should always play on. That is **** for them though.

crusherstasiak

Any Chess Players?

Postby crusherstasiak » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:27 am

Should always play on. That is **** for them though.
Yes. But I suppose given it was a 3 minute blitz game with no increment and I had twenty seconds to my opponent's nine, I reckon he/she figured once I take the queen I'm going to castle and with two major pieces on the back and the bishop covering f1 it was a lost cause.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Any Chess Players?

Postby count2infinity » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:26 am

What was white’s last move?

crusherstasiak

Any Chess Players?

Postby crusherstasiak » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:57 am

What was white’s last move?
I played bg7+ and saw immediately that I'd blown the chance to not only give a check with the knight but fork
ALL 3 MAJOR PIECES WOOOOOOOOOOO
. Can't tell you how thrilled I was when my opponent played Nbc3 to block which btw is the the best move in the position according to chess.com's engine,only because there aren't any better moves.

Pavel Bure

Any Chess Players?

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:53 am

Candidates tournament going on. Nepo once again looks to be heading towards challenging for the world title. He will IMO go down in history as one of the best ever and also one of the biggest choke artists ever. How he lost the world championship against Ding is just the stuff of epic collapse legend.

I know, no Magnus, no care.

Pavel Bure

Any Chess Players?

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:18 am

Welcome to what might be the least watched World Champion match ever. (Although India will all tune in)

Nepo doesn’t lose a single game in the candidates and doesn’t win the tournament. He’s the Utah Jazz in the Bulls era.

Fabi and Naka had chances and couldn’t do it. Fabi, with heartbreaking miss after miss against Nepo in their last game to tie for the lead and force a playoff for the right to play Ding.

Instead the 17 year old Gukesh will play Ding. I don’t find either player particularly exciting. While Ding did best Nepo, it was more due to Nepo melting down than Ding being spectacular.