Marvel Thread (Movies, Comics, etc)

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed May 01, 2019 4:58 pm

Incredible. Just... wow.

Not what I expected - in a very good way. Need to see it again, maybe this weekend if the weather is lousy...

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed May 01, 2019 5:17 pm

First time in D-Box seats. Thought it was kinda lame at first, the last hour or so changed my mind.

It was impressively immersive during the battle sequence and, imo, really added to the experience.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed May 01, 2019 5:38 pm

First time in D-Box seats. Thought it was kinda lame at first, the last hour or so changed my mind.

It was impressively immersive during the battle sequence and, imo, really added to the experience.
Thank god the seat description was spoilered

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed May 01, 2019 7:09 pm

D-box... ha

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu May 02, 2019 10:02 am

Asgardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is going to be amazing. Really hope Gunn works Thor into the script.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Thu May 02, 2019 6:07 pm

So my buddy was going to see Endgame this afternoon and sent me this unfortunate message beforehand...
Was talking about how he hopes there is an Iron Man 4 in the next phase of Marvel movies and how Tony is his favorite character...

All I could think was "yer fuct".

Still haven't heard back so not sure if he survived :lol:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:37 pm

😂

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu May 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Yeah, that was rough. You could hear a pin drop in the theater. And crying

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Thu May 02, 2019 8:38 pm

It was tough... went right from the ultra badass "I AM IRON MAN" *snap* to Tony dying... and if that wasn't bad enough, the message to his daughter where he says "I love you three thousand"... goddamn.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:26 pm

I can neither confirm nor deny that someone was cutting onions next to my seat...maybe two or three onions.

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri May 03, 2019 7:51 am

It was tough... went right from the ultra badass "I AM IRON MAN" *snap* to Tony dying... and if that wasn't bad enough, the message to his daughter where he says "I love you three thousand"... goddamn.
And the scene with happy. Damn.

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri May 03, 2019 9:38 am

Going to see it again Sunday morning with my wife and sister-in-law. They are not prepared.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri May 03, 2019 10:15 am

Can’t wait to see how loose end Loki shows up in this next phase.

I really don’t see how they do anything good with Captain Marvel moving forward. She’s just too over powered. Hopefully we don’t get the token “lost my powers” journey from her.

I guess the Adam Warlock arc could be interesting considering they already showed the cocoon.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:20 am

Can’t wait to see how loose end Loki shows up in this next phase.

I really don’t see how they do anything good with Captain Marvel moving forward. She’s just too over powered. Hopefully we don’t get the token “lost my powers” journey from her.

I guess the Adam Warlock arc could be interesting considering they already showed the cocoon.
Loki has his own Disney+ show coming up, and it's probably escaped Loki as the star.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:21 am

And the scene with happy. Damn.
I mean, you could see it coming the whole movie. It was completely expected. And it still hits you right in the feels.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Postby Spangler » Sat May 04, 2019 11:48 am

Man, Tony had the most to loose in the whole plan yet he still went with it anyway. What a beautiful way for the character to go out.

eddy

Postby eddy » Sat May 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Man, the emotions. Pretty sure I watch 75% of that movie through all kinds of emotional tears. Awesome.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 pm

That was great and even though I knew THE spoiler going in (thanks a lot, random Xbox Live kid), I don’t feel that it hurt my enjoyment all that much. I have a lot more thoughts but the most immediate thought right now is movies need an intermission. I was distracted for the last half hour or so because of how badly I needed to go to the bathroom.

Jim

Postby Jim » Sun May 05, 2019 5:28 pm

That was great and even though I knew THE spoiler going in (thanks a lot, random Xbox Live kid), I don’t feel that it hurt my enjoyment all that much. I have a lot more thoughts but the most immediate thought right now is movies need an intermission. I was distracted for the last half hour or so because of how badly I needed to go to the bathroom.

I agree... knowing that Wolverine come in and slices off Thanos' hand with the gauntlet doesn't hurt the enjoyment, it is just something to look forward to. Opp... /spiloers.

Kane

Postby Kane » Sun May 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Saw it again today and the power went out right before the final battle began. Came back on in about 10 minutes, but we got free tickets out of it.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 06, 2019 8:20 am

thoughts from the weekend after seeing it
I really wanted to get a Hulk-Thanos rematch, but I guess that went to Scarlet Witch and whatever, that was fine.

I'm still trying to figure out the Ancient One conversation with Bruce about removing a stone from the timeline and how it will fill the land with demons or whatever she says. The stone was removed from the timeline from 2018-2023 and besides fallout from the snap, I didn't see anything else what she was talking about. Maybe that's why she said "maybe I was wrong"?

I really hope Thor stays with the Guardians for Volume 3.

Will they actually put out an Anthony Mackie Captain America movie? I can't see that being a a huge draw.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Mon May 06, 2019 8:39 am

I really wanted to get a Hulk-Thanos rematch, but I guess that went to Scarlet Witch and whatever, that was fine.

I'm still trying to figure out the Ancient One conversation with Bruce about removing a stone from the timeline and how it will fill the land with demons or whatever she says. The stone was removed from the timeline from 2018-2023 and besides fallout from the snap, I didn't see anything else what she was talking about. Maybe that's why she said "maybe I was wrong"?

Will they actually put out an Anthony Mackie Captain America movie? I can't see that being a a huge draw.
CA went back and put the stone back, thus preventing the demons or whatever from occurring.

And no, they are done with CA movies, imo. Maybe you'll see him as a character in another movie going forward, maybe not.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 am

CA went back and put the stone back, thus preventing the demons or whatever from occurring.

And no, they are done with CA movies, imo. Maybe you'll see him as a character in another movie going forward, maybe not.
Pretty sure the Ancient One conversation relates to Dormammu and the Doctor Strange solo movie. Beyond the general detriment of removing an Infinity Stone from it's timeline and their need to put the stone back at the same point in time, without the Time stone that timeline's Doctor Strange would not be able to defeat Dormammu.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 06, 2019 8:56 am

he did put it back, but that still leads to Thanos having it in infinity war and it "not being protected" for those 5 years.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 06, 2019 9:00 am

Pretty sure the Ancient One conversation relates to Dormammu and the Doctor Strange solo movie. Beyond the general detriment of removing an Infinity Stone from it's timeline and their need to put the stone back at the same point in time, without the Time stone that timeline's Doctor Strange would not be able to defeat Dormammu.
ok, that makes sense, but I could have sworn she said something along the lines of without a protector demons would roam the earth or something like that and it was in fact removed from the protector which should have altered the flow, correct? Or it still being in that timeline didn't really change anything even if Thanos had it and not DS