Marvel Thread (Movies, Comics, etc)

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:23 am

Far From Home trailer (don't watch if you haven't seen Endgame)
B!tch please, you've been to space.
:lol:
Really glad we got a SLJ b!tch please in there. :lol:

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon May 06, 2019 9:30 am

Man, they weren't kidding about spoilers. It wouldn't hurt Marvel to space these movies out a bit more. I didn't realize we were getting Captain Marvel, End Game, and Far From Home within 5 months of each other.
I hope Spidey loses the Iron Spider suit.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 06, 2019 9:31 am

that looks great. Is there a lineup for future movies?

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon May 06, 2019 9:35 am

Not sure if there's an official lineup but we can expect Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Dr Strange 2 (I think), Black Widow, Sang-Chi, and the Eternals.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 06, 2019 9:45 am

Man, they weren't kidding about spoilers. It wouldn't hurt Marvel to space these movies out a bit more. I didn't realize we were getting Captain Marvel, End Game, and Far From Home within 5 months of each other.
I hope Spidey loses the Iron Spider suit.
Feige didn't want anything post-Endgame to even be announced and wanted a longer gap between Endgame and Far From Home, but he doesn't completely run the show.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon May 06, 2019 9:47 am

I mean I get it. Why only release one movie which grosses a billion+ each summer when you can release three? Until they have their Last Jedi moment, they'll keep pushing the limits.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon May 06, 2019 9:50 am

Another thing I liked about the Far From Home trailer:
Since this is the last film of phase three, it looks like the first act of this movie will be the true denouement of End Game. It'll be good to have a chance to reflect on the outcome of End Game while setting up phase four (assuming the multi-verse thing is legit).

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 06, 2019 9:59 am

Another thing I liked about the Far From Home trailer:
Since this is the last film of phase three, it looks like the first act of this movie will be the true denouement of End Game. It'll be good to have a chance to reflect on the outcome of End Game while setting up phase four (assuming the multi-verse thing is legit).
yeah, because I need to cry more in these Marvel movies...

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Mon May 06, 2019 10:42 am

Dat trailer. Wow. I've never really been a Spiderman fan, though I did like Homecoming a lot... This looks awesome but holy Endgame spoilers for sure in that trailer.

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon May 06, 2019 11:11 am

Far From Home trailer (don't watch if you haven't seen Endgame)
B!tch please, you've been to space.
:lol:
Really glad we got a SLJ b!tch please in there. :lol:
"New plan...!"

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon May 06, 2019 11:29 am

As a comic fan from the time that the original story was out, I am not a fan of the solution/conclusion that the studio/writers/etc came up with.

So... where are all of these people going to live? What happened with their bank accounts, their retirement plans? Jobs? The demand for food just doubled. (What would happen in the world if tomorrow the supply of food was cut 50%?) After the "snap" in Infinity War, the suicide rate probably shot through the roof. Religions would have been turned upside down (one silver lining).

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon May 06, 2019 11:33 am

As a comic fan from the time that the original story was out, I am not a fan of the solution/conclusion that the studio/writers/etc came up with.

So... where are all of these people going to live? What happened with their bank accounts, their retirement plans? Jobs? The demand for food just doubled. (What would happen in the world if tomorrow the supply of food was cut 50%?) After the "snap" in Infinity War, the suicide rate probably shot through the roof. Religions would have been turned upside down (one silver lining).
Now there's a movie that would thrill audiences...

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon May 06, 2019 12:34 pm

In the original story they just went back to the day before the snap. No real "new" problems caused by that. The new story line actually causes considerable new problems.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon May 06, 2019 12:49 pm

In the original story they just went back to the day before the snap. No real "new" problems caused by that. The new story line actually causes considerable new problems.
Oh absolutely there should be fallout from that. I’m hoping some of it is addressed in Far From Home similar to how the fallout from IW was addressed in End Game. Can’t say I want to see how they’re going to handle their 401ks, but I get your point.

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon May 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Oh absolutely there should be fallout from that. I’m hoping some of it is addressed in Far From Home similar to how the fallout from IW was addressed in End Game. Can’t say I want to see how they’re going to handle their 401ks, but I get your point.

Unfortunately, that is somewhat how my mind works. People were like "The doorknob was red the whole time!!! WTF??? MIND BLOWN!!!" and I was like "You can't put a table in front of the basement door and block it off, you need to change the filters on the furnace!"

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 06, 2019 1:54 pm

They cut Katherine Langford (who is hot) from Endgame:
“There was an idea that we had that Tony was going to go into the metaphysical way station that Thanos goes in when he snapped his fingers,” Joe Russo said on the podcast. “And that there was going to be a future version of his daughter in that way station.”

Langford was to play the older version of Morgan, the daughter of Pepper Potts and Tony Stark. However, unlike in Infinity War where Thanos’ vision of a younger Gamora in that “metaphysical way station” has been established, Langford’s older version of Morgan hadn’t been, so the scene didn’t work as intended and confused test audiences.

“What we realized about it was we didn’t feel an emotional association with the adult version of his daughter,” Anthony Russo continued. “So it wasn’t ringing to us and resonating with us on an emotional level.”

“The intention was that his future daughter, because these films are dealing with magic, his future daughter forgave him and sort of gave him peace to go. And the idea felt resonant,” Joe Russo said. “But it was just too many ideas in an overly complicated movie.”

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 06, 2019 2:15 pm

not what I was expecting when I clicked spoiler

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 06, 2019 2:20 pm

not what I was expecting when I clicked spoiler
She looks better in that terrible 13 Reason Why show that my wife watches than she does in still photos. Here's some Peggy Carter instead.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Y'all need to watch Pillars of the Earth (if you're into Hayley Atwell). 😍

Kane

Postby Kane » Tue May 07, 2019 7:55 am

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue May 07, 2019 10:05 am

That photoshop though.

Kane

Postby Kane » Tue May 07, 2019 10:24 am

So bad.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed May 08, 2019 10:26 am

they had a preview before endgame for another russo bros movie with Chadwick Bosemen. After the movie, my youngest said Black Panther 2 looks really good, but it's weird that they didn't show his costume. He thinks the actors real name is T'challa and asked if we could take him to Africa so they could make his hair look like Black Panthers. I don't ever want this to change. kids are the best.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed May 08, 2019 10:35 am

they had a preview before endgame for another russo bros movie with Chadwick Bosemen. After the movie, my youngest said Black Panther 2 looks really good, but it's weird that they didn't show his costume. He thinks the actors real name is T'challa and asked if we could take him to Africa so they could make his hair look like Black Panthers. I don't ever want this to change. kids are the best.
lol. Law & Order: Wakanda

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed May 08, 2019 11:23 am

lol. Law & Order: Wakanda
Bum bum

Look at this...

*camera pans over dead outsider being covered by a futuristic sheet that is at first see through but then goes solid*

Okoye: It looks like the typical Australian trying to steal out vibranium.

W’Kabi: *touches his fingernail, a small robot crawls from under his skin, up to his face, and turns into glasses* My ancestor vision glasses tell a different story. He has heart plant residue all over him and the ground.

Okoye: *pulls her pen out, says a command in Wakandan, the pen turns into a spear with tweezers on the end, she reaches under some leaves* My Wakandan DNA detector spear has alerted to something under here. *she pulls out her spear tweezers and has a piece of cloth.* Is this Killmonger’s symbol?

W’Kabi: We have to alert the chief. *makes a clicking noise and a liquid metal comes out of his nose forming a holographic com-link the Chief T’Challa sitting at his desk*

/end scene