Who Are You?

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Tfrizz ville5 should get an invite
Is viva la ben here
Affirmative

NAN

Who Are You?

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:16 pm

I think ville and Tfrizz have has PMs sent. I've just been sending PMs to posters that I see pop up and look lost. Or ones I enjoyed on there. They may have multiple invites. I think mikey had a few.

So just send a PM if you haven't seen them here yet. Heck, I've probably sent PMs to people already posting here forgetting they have different names.

Kicksave

Who Are You?

Postby Kicksave » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Tfrizz ville5 should get an invite
Is viva la ben here
Tfrizz and viva la ben are already here.

PFiDC

Who Are You?

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:28 pm

I think ville and Tfrizz have has PMs sent.

have has

Sarcastic

Who Are You?

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:33 pm

From a site admin standpoint, I'm not opposed to inviting anyone. We're not trying to keep people out.
I'm blown away, tbh. Shaf told me he underestimated how angry people were at the ways there. Seems right. I thought I had to be on extra good behavior or else, but from the comments here, it wasn't just me. I see a lot of resentment.

NAN is correct when he says it is the people that make a forum. That's what I once told Three Stars in private when I was having issues and looked for his help. I said that it's the people who make a forum. The forum itself is just a website. I told him that LGP will be in trouble the moment someone starts a competing forum and pulls some members. And here we are.

I feel like I owe Three Stars in a way, because my issues ended after we had our conversation. I don't know if he said something to someone or what. But he's OK in my book.

This place is really taking off.

NAN

Who Are You?

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:33 pm

I think ville and Tfrizz have has PMs sent.

have has
You sush.

NAN

Who Are You?

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:35 pm

NAN is correct
First time for everything.

RonnieFranchise

Who Are You?

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 pm

From a site admin standpoint, I'm not opposed to inviting anyone. We're not trying to keep people out.
I'm blown away, tbh. Shaf told me he underestimated how angry people were at the ways there. Seems right. I thought I had to be on extra good behavior or else, but from the comments here, it wasn't just me. I see a lot of resentment.

NAN is correct when he says it is the people that make a forum. That's what I once told Three Stars in private when I was having issues and looked for his help. I said that it's the people who make a forum. The forum itself is just a website. I told him that LGP will be in trouble the moment someone starts a competing forum and pulls some members. And here we are.

I feel like I owe Three Stars in a way, because my issues ended after we had our conversation. I don't know if he said something to someone or what. But he's OK in my book.

This place is really taking off.
Well, and a good forum needs mods who are not absentees from regular board discussion. In my opinion, anyway.

mikey

Who Are You?

Postby mikey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:43 pm

What about FLPensFan? He's a quality poster.

I sent an invite to darkstar57 as well...

shmenguin

Who Are You?

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:01 pm

What about FLPensFan? He's a quality poster.
yeah, the PR section still needs a bit of a boost here. FLPensFan is pretty much an asset in that regard.

i also think tfrizz would be very helpful

DigitalGypsy66

Who Are You?

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Source of the post Well, and a good forum needs mods who are not absentees from regular board discussion. In my opinion, anyway.
Drive-by moderation doesn't work in this community, imo. You really need to know the temperature of the board, the inside jokes, and of course have some background with the cast of characters to be an effective moderator. Dropping in every 6 months and nuking threads and issuing bans after complaining about how "bad the board" is...won't cut it.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Who Are You?

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:25 pm

whelp... one way to find out. see you guys in 6 months. BE READY.

shafnutz05

Who Are You?

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:28 pm

PghSkins, I dig the new name.

RonnieFranchise

Who Are You?

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:30 pm

Thanks!

relantel

Who Are You?

Postby relantel » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Anyone invite TheHammer24?

King Colby

Who Are You?

Postby King Colby » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:32 pm

A lot of the people we're asking about are on the member list... go to quick links, members, then sort alphabetically to see it (Thanks shad)

RonnieFranchise

Who Are You?

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:33 pm

When you come back in 6 months, make sure the PITT SUPER PANTHERS thread is the first thing you nuke.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Who Are You?

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 pm

When you come back in 6 months, make sure the PITT SUPER PANTHERS thread is the first thing you nuke.
please... I'm deleting that before I leave.

shafnutz05

Who Are You?

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:39 pm

H2P has been replaced with "WE ARE!" in the swear filter.

tifosi77

Who Are You?

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:41 pm

Source of the post Well, and a good forum needs mods who are not absentees from regular board discussion. In my opinion, anyway.
Drive-by moderation doesn't work in this community, imo. You really need to know the temperature of the board, the inside jokes, and of course have some background with the cast of characters to be an effective moderator. Dropping in every 6 months and nuking threads and issuing bans after complaining about how "bad the board" is...won't cut it.
*** would have you believe that it was the regulars who complained the most. (He has the PMs)

NAN

Who Are You?

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:42 pm

*** would have you believe that it was the regulars who complained the most. (He has the PMs)
It was told to me that no one was upset about the modding, and many people reported the bad behavior.

skullman80

Who Are You?

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:44 pm

It was told to me that no one was upset about the modding, and many people reported the bad behavior.
I was told the same. Not that I believed it.

NAN

Who Are You?

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:46 pm

I don't believe people create a new board and 100+ of the most frequent users make it their primary new board if they aren't upset.

tifosi77

Who Are You?

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:46 pm

That's easy to say when your forum rules forbid complaining about the mods and allow unilateral post nuking in the event said rule is broached.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Who Are You?

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:52 pm

H2P has been replaced with "WE ARE!" in the swear filter.
So H2P doesn't mean "have to pee"? I kept wondering if slappy had a small bladder.