ITT, name every concert you've ever seen

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Most recently, saw Foo Fighters here in South Florida this year. One of my favorite bands, along with Van Halen, but my first time seeing them as they hadn't played in South Florida in 12 years. Struts opened for them and they kicked ass.

We saw that bill in December up in Sacramento, and it changed the world. We saw The Struts again at Bottlerock in May, and we're off to see Foo Fighters next week in SanJo; sadly, The Struts are off the tour now. But they're playing a headlining gig at The Fillmore Theater in the City in November that we're going to.

They are the two best rock bands in the whole world, imo, and it's not even close.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Felt like the talent was diminished by the material.
Ladies and getlespoons, Rock Music since about 1994.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:06 am

Stone sour was very good live at stage AE tonight. Very very good.

FLPensFan

Postby FLPensFan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:02 am

Most recently, saw Foo Fighters here in South Florida this year. One of my favorite bands, along with Van Halen, but my first time seeing them as they hadn't played in South Florida in 12 years. Struts opened for them and they kicked ass.

We saw that bill in December up in Sacramento, and it changed the world. We saw The Struts again at Bottlerock in May, and we're off to see Foo Fighters next week in SanJo; sadly, The Struts are off the tour now. But they're playing a headlining gig at The Fillmore Theater in the City in November that we're going to.

They are the two best rock bands in the whole world, imo, and it's not even close.
Yeah, I don't understand how anyone that likes rock music doesn't like the Foo Fighters. I can see a little bit since Dave Grohl is everywhere doing everything, but their catalog is just so deep. Just last week, Foo's played under the Holy Shits moniker in the parking lot of the Palladium, and they didn't play a single A-side song:

White Limo, Watershed, Congregation, Gimme Stitches, Weenie Beenie, Low, Hey Johnny Park!, Alone + Easy Target, New Way Home
(Foo's start at about 41:30. Taylor Hawkins band Chevy Metal was playing before them, and Hawkins slowly brought out single members of the Foo's to play songs with them until the whole band was on stage).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izKDIvLpK5Y&t

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Check the Music thread. :wink:

I've seen Chevy Metal a few times... "The world's best wedding band". So fun. They've played the Conejo Valley festival every year they've been off tour for like six or seven years, or something like that. Last time I saw them there, they played like seven Van Halen songs in their set.

Grohl blew his voice out in Seattle and they've had to reschedule a couple shows in Canadialand. I hope (selfishly) it doesn't impact their San Jose show next week.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:27 pm

Also, Weenie Beanie and Gimme Stitches are two of my favorite Foo songs. I have a 50-60 song Foo playlist that I listen to a lot, and both of those songs are on there. Gimme Stitches is one of two instances on the list where I go from song-to-song that are also consecutive on their album relase. (Learn To Fly-Gimme Stitches, and Weenie Beanie-Floaty (which I know that's backwards; sue me)) I don't really know why I felt compelled to explain that, but here we are.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:20 pm

White Limo, Watershed, Congregation, Gimme Stitches, Weenie Beenie, Low, Hey Johnny Park!, Alone + Easy Target, New Way Home
(Foo's start at about 41:30. Taylor Hawkins band Chevy Metal was playing before them, and Hawkins slowly brought out single members of the Foo's to play songs with them until the whole band was on stage).

I could be wrong, but thought both of these had official releases.

FLPensFan

Postby FLPensFan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:35 pm

I could be wrong, but thought both of these had official releases.
Alone + Easy Target had been around for awhile. It was a song Dave wrote and Cobain actually listened to it and like it.....Kurt actually wanted to turn it into a Nirvana song. Was rumored that Nirvana would play parts of Alone + Easy Target during soundchecks during their 1991 tour. Alone + Easy Target was released as a radio only, promotional single. This is a Call, I'll Stick Around, For All the Cows, and Big Me were the official releases from the debut album.

White Limo was released as a music video (featuring Lemmy from Motorhead), but I don't believe it was never released as a single. Rope, Walk, Arlandria, These Days, and Bridge Burning were the only singles released.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Well, the encore was Everlong... :wink:

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:12 pm

I enjoy the food fighters but don't think they are special per se. Can take em or leave em. I do think grohl is crazy talented and the only good thing that came out of shitty Nirvana.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:58 am

My wife loves Paul Simon.. and what was Simon & Garfunkel... Paul Simon is playing at PPG tonight. I am expanding my horizons and going to this show. We will probably be the youngest people there.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Sideshow Bob (all of the times)
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (umpteen times)
Nuno Bettencourt solo bands (15+x, they played local LA bars/clubs all the time)
Lo Mass Republic (8-10x, Mrs Tif's best friend's hubby was the bass player)
Foo Fighters (6x)
Extreme (4x)
Steve Vai (3x)
Iron Maiden (3x)
Chevy Metal (2x)
The Struts (2x) (my favorite new band)
Kiss (2x)
Poison (2x)
Lenny Kravitz (2x)
Black Crowes (2x)
U2
Bon Jovi
Steve Miller
Godsmack
Winger (\m/)
Rufus Wainwright
Spinal Tap
Judas Priest
Anthrax
Smashing Pumpkins
Duran Duran
Gloria Estefan & The Miami Sound Machine
Metallica
No Doubt
Sheryl Crow
Stone Temple Pilots
Beastie Boys
Queensryche
Ratt
Heart (sans the blonde sister, as she was preggers)
King's X
Pearl Jam
Ben Harper
Roy Harper
Ozomatli
Orange Crush
Fleetwood Mac
Tom Petty
Gary Clark Jr
Stabbing Westward
G3
Muse
Weezer
Radiohead
Incubus'
Earth, Wind & Fire

With the exception of The Struts, I'm not including opening acts in the reckoning unless I was a fan and would've gone to see them on their own. Same with bands I saw at festivals.
Updated to include recent Fooing.

Before we moved, we saw Foos three times. As of last Wednesday, we have now seen them three times on this current tour. Woo.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

#Obsessed

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Yeup

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Sideshow Bob (all of the times)
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (umpteen times)
Nuno Bettencourt solo bands (15+x, they played local LA bars/clubs all the time)
Lo Mass Republic (8-10x, Mrs Tif's best friend's hubby was the bass player)
Foo Fighters (6x)
Extreme (4x)
Steve Vai (3x)
Iron Maiden (3x)
Chevy Metal (2x)
The Struts (2x) (my favorite new band)
Kiss (2x)
Poison (2x)
Lenny Kravitz (2x)
Black Crowes (2x)
U2
Bon Jovi
Steve Miller
Godsmack
Winger (\m/)
Rufus Wainwright
Spinal Tap
Judas Priest
Anthrax
Smashing Pumpkins
Duran Duran
Gloria Estefan & The Miami Sound Machine
Metallica
No Doubt
Sheryl Crow
Stone Temple Pilots
Beastie Boys
Queensryche
Ratt
Heart (sans the blonde sister, as she was preggers)
King's X
Pearl Jam
Ben Harper
Roy Harper
Ozomatli
Orange Crush
Fleetwood Mac
Tom Petty
Gary Clark Jr
Stabbing Westward
G3
Muse
Weezer
Radiohead
Incubus'
Earth, Wind & Fire

With the exception of The Struts, I'm not including opening acts in the reckoning unless I was a fan and would've gone to see them on their own. Same with bands I saw at festivals.
Updated to include recent Fooing.

Before we moved, we saw Foos three times. As of last Wednesday, we have now seen them three times on this current tour. Woo.
I forgot to add Stabbing Westward on mine. They were part of a festival though.

My rule was to count them if it was a recognizable band, opening or not. If it was a band who disappeared after playing the opening set of the far, far, way too far sidestage at a festival, I wouldn't count them even if I remembered them.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:35 pm

My opening act/festival criteria was to include a band on my list if I would pay money to go see them specifically.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Stabbing Westward in 1998 or 1999? Yeah, probably.

Stabbing Westward in 2018? I doubt it.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Guess they couldn't save themselves.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Well, that's when I saw them, so...

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Paul Simon was good. For 75 or however old he is he played a 26 song set and sounded good. My wife likes him alot and said he played all the hits and sprinkled in some obscure stuff with some Simon and Garfunkel tunes.

I enjoyed myself even though it's not really my style of music. He played for almost two and a half hours. It was also nice since the crowd skewed older that people just enjoyed the show and didn't home up their cell phones the whole time trying to record the show

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:52 pm

TIL they broke up in 2002 and didn't officially reunite as Stabbing Westward until 2016.

Looking at their wiki page, it also looks like half of their former members have left the music industry. You'd probably know better than I would, but don't most musicians usually find another band or stay in the business as a producer or something more behind the scenes?

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Guess they couldn't save themselves.
Probably the Violent Mood Swings

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:19 pm

TIL they broke up in 2002 and didn't officially reunite as Stabbing Westward until 2016.

Looking at their wiki page, it also looks like half of their former members have left the music industry. You'd probably know better than I would, but don't most musicians usually find another band or stay in the business as a producer or something more behind the scenes?
It sorta depends. I have friends that were in bands with deals at a variety of labels. One was a million-dollar deal with BMG; the bass player works for a beer distributor today. Another band, one guitar player was a studio rat at Capitol last time we were in touch, the other one iirc now works at Mattel.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Paul Simon was good. For 75 or however old he is he played a 26 song set and sounded good. My wife likes him alot and said he played all the hits and sprinkled in some obscure stuff with some Simon and Garfunkel tunes.

I enjoyed myself even though it's not really my style of music. He played for almost two and a half hours. It was also nice since the crowd skewed older that people just enjoyed the show and didn't home up their cell phones the whole time trying to record the show
I would love to see him before it's too late. He is an insanely talented musician.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:05 pm

I would love to see him before it's too late. He is an insanely talented musician.
This was supposedly his farewell tour. He has two more shows at MSG and I think that's it.

He is crazy talented. His band is also very good backing him up.