Today's Harassment Claims

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Today's Harrassment Claims

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:46 pm

lol wow.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:17 am

MSU dean arrested

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michigan-s ... 16256.html
Dr. William D. Strampel, the 70-year-old former Dean of Michigan State’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he oversaw serial pedophile Larry Nassar, was arrested Monday evening and booked into the Ingham County, Michigan, jail. Neither the charges nor bail information was immediately disclosed.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:14 am

Re: that Nickolodeon guy, yes, he always had the attractive young starlets in fairly sexual situations on those shows. At least, that's what my research uncovered after I found out about him being let go.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:37 am

Re: that Nickolodeon guy, yes, he always had the attractive young starlets in fairly sexual situations on those shows. At least, that's what my research uncovered after I found out about him being let go.
If you click on that twitter thread in the last post of the previous page it is...telling.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:42 am

When (for example only) victim #7 points at victim #1-through-#6 and says "If ANY of you had said or done anything I wouldn't have had to go through this horror too!" then I will know that people are finally getting serious about any of this kind of stuff.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:12 am

When (for example only) victim #7 points at victim #1-through-#6 and says "If ANY of you had said or done anything I wouldn't have had to go through this horror too!" then I will know that people are finally getting serious about any of this kind of stuff.
finally someone recognizes it's the victims' faults :roll:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:14 am

Perhaps they did, and no one believed a 16 year old girl? Unpossible.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:15 am

Bad take Jim imo

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:28 am

I remember watching some of those shows at my in-laws when the wife an I were still dating (her younger sister was the age to watch them). There were indeed a crap ton of innuendos.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 am

or maybe 16 year old girls didn't want to talk about it and ruin their careers? not a good take

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 am

finally someone recognizes it's the victims' faults :roll:

It is not the same thing. Saying that it is YOUR fault that YOU got .... is blaming the victim. But if someone scams me and I find out that he has done it a dozen times before but no one said anything then yes, I am going to put some blame on the people that were scammed before me. You can translate/associate that out to other situations.

You had something happen to you, and there is nothing that can be done to "undo" that... but the next person has not had it happen yet. You don't do/say/etc something then YES, you did allow it to continue to other people. YOU... allowed it to happen to other people. So when you all hug and say that you can be strong together, remember that if you had taken a stand that other person might not need to be strong with you because you possibly could have prevented it from happening to them.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:52 am

or maybe 16 year old girls didn't want to talk about it and ruin their careers? not a good take

Ah, so then it is okay if they care more about their careers than whatever the specific situation was? "I'll let this happen to other people because my name is moving up the billing!" Talk about not a good take?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:58 am

Jim, just take a lap.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:00 am

Ah, so then it is okay if they care more about their careers than whatever the specific situation was? "I'll let this happen to other people because my name is moving up the billing!" Talk about not a good take?
I am in no position to know what it feels like or say how they should handle it

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 am

I can't believe there's an argument about blaming a 16 year old. Get real.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:37 am

I stand with Jim.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:18 am

But yet you commented on it anyway.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:21 am

Maybe the girls should've learned CPR.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:29 am

I can't believe there's an argument about blaming a 16 year old. Get real.

This is what I said "When (for example only) victim #7 points at victim #1-through-#6 and says "If ANY of you had said or done anything I wouldn't have had to go through this horror too!" then I will know that people are finally getting serious about any of this kind of stuff."

It is very real. Thinking that #7 should not consider what may have or may not have happened if #1-#6 had done something is not realistic. Just as #8 should think the same towards #7. This applies to Weinstein, Cosby, Spacey, and the thousands of situations that you do not hear about because neither the perpetrator nor victims are famous. Also applies to financial scams, insurance scams, fake contractors, etc. Being the (one of the) victim of something should not excuse you from a level of responsibility moving forward, even if that responsibility is simply a level of anger from the next victim down the line.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:30 am

But yet you commented on it anyway.
keep fightin the good fight jim

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:05 pm

Creator Of “Ren & Stimpy” Accused Of Preying On Underage Girls Who Wanted Animation Careers
https://t.co/K1l7DOs7IE

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Dear sexual creepers: It goes without saying that y'all need to stop doing this stuff. But if you could also find a way to stop tainting things I like with your creepering, I'd appreciate it a lot. K thnx.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:48 pm

Most people know that Judy Garland had a terrible childhood/life in general...these newest allegations make it worse.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-04/w ... in/9610256
Garland was 16 when she starred in 1939 movie, The Wizard of Oz. The claim she was molested by the actors who played the munchkins comes from the actress's late husband, Sid Luft, in a re-released book (due out in September), Judy and I: My Life with Judy Garland. He reportedly writes:

"They'd make Judy's life miserable on set by putting their hands under her dress … The men were 40 or more years old. They thought they could get away with anything because they were so small."

Even the staunchest #MeToo applauder would, surely, agree that anyone accused of such an act deserves, at the very least, a right of reply. Especially if trial by media is to be the justice they're served. To either apologise and attempt to atone for their acts, or to refute the allegations.
There's only one surviving munchkin, Jerry Maren (aged 98).

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:52 pm

I saw the thread pop up and mused to myself "Why is it called 'Today's' thread when most of the allegations are years or decades old" and then the excerpt is from 79 years ago. :lol:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Hey now...the *claim* was made recently :wink: