Today's Harassment Claims

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:52 pm

Dozens Of Former “Ellen Show” Employees Say Executive Producers Engaged In Rampant Sexual Misconduct And Harassment
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kr ... llegations
Being asked to join the control room inside The Ellen DeGeneres Show is a coveted spot in Hollywood, but according to dozens of men and women who work behind the scenes, the office is a place where sexual harassment and misconduct by top executive producers runs rampant. One ex-employee said head writer and executive producer Kevin Leman asked him if he could give him a hand job or perform oral sex in a bathroom at a company party in 2013. Another said they separately saw Leman grab a production assistant’s penis. In May 2017, another former employee also said she saw Leman grope a production assistant in a car and kiss his neck. Nearly a dozen former employees, who range from longtime, senior-level employees to production assistants, said it was also common for Leman to make sexually explicit comments in the office, like pointing out male colleagues’ bulges in their crotches, or ask them questions like, “Are you a top or a bottom?” “It’s masked in sarcasm, but it’s not sarcasm,” a former employee said.

In all, 47 former employees who spoke to BuzzFeed News said Glavin led with intimidation and fear on a daily basis. One former employee said when they turned in their notice, Glavin flipped over a table and chair while screaming. Five former employees also said they saw Glavin use a button at his desk to remotely shut his office door “as an intimidation tactic” during reprimands

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:57 pm

The door closing button sounds cool, but the rest not.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 pm

That's what Matt Lauer had.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:04 pm

That's what Matt Lauer had.
Yeah. It was endearing with Ron Swanson. Not so much with Matt Lauer and this dude.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 pm

Third hand knowledge, but I knew the Ellen show stuff for years now...saw it start to come out more and more recently...Ellen on down, it's a bad deal (not all sexual)

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:37 pm

Third hand knowledge, but I knew the Ellen show stuff for years now...saw it start to come out more and more recently...Ellen on down, it's a bad deal (not all sexual)

Her producer is a big time "empathy and compassion" guy, all while being one of the biggest shithead cancel bullies on social media, so yeah this isn't the least bit surprising.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Her producer is a big time "empathy and compassion" guy, all while being one of the biggest shithead cancel bullies on social media, so yeah this isn't the least bit surprising.
Too often those that are loudest are those that are most guilty.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Too often those that are loudest are those that are most guilty.
Too true.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:42 pm

Kevin Leman blocked his tweets.

There have been quite a few stories in recent years about male directors/producers sexually assaulting/harassing men on the projects they are working on. Singer is an obvious one. Hell, Terry Crews wasn't even safe. And of course, Hollywood's history in that regard, especially with younger men and boys, isn't pretty.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:04 am

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:35 pm

Not harassment so much as rape...(allegedly) for Jeff Ross.

Additionally, the headline is a problem in calling a 15 year old an “underaged woman” instead of a “girl” or “teen girl.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/05/jeff-ros ... -in-2000s/

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:08 am

Jeff Ross is one of the least surprising names I've heard

meecrofilm

Postby meecrofilm » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:37 am

Yeah, similar reaction to when I heard about Chris D'elia.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:39 am

Jeff Ross has been raping comedy for decades now.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:50 am

I don't care about Jeff Ross and don't follow stand up comedy at all, but cases like this seem to walk a fine line. You have a 15 year old guy who gets involved with a gang, takes part in a drive by, and he's an adult who should have known better. You have a 15 year old girl who seeks out a sexual relationship with an older man and she's a victim. Not sure how that works...

In her own words:
“In the elevator, I just attacked him. I started trying to kiss him, and he goes ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa! There’s cameras!’ Not ‘You’re 15,’ and he points,” Radtke recalls. “So I just kind of went ‘Oh, okay, I’m sorry.’” Once they entered Ross’s apartment — which Radtke describes as “filthy with South Park stuff and The Man Show **** all over the place” — she alleges they instantly started making out. Then she performed oral sex on Ross and they had unprotected sex, after which Ross told Jessica she had to leave. “I’d felt like I won. I felt very Okay, cool — if I never saw him again, cool,” she recalls.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:56 am

I don't care about Jeff Ross and don't follow stand up comedy at all, but cases like this seem to walk a fine line. You have a 15 year old guy who gets involved with a gang, takes part in a drive by, and he's an adult who should have known better. You have a 15 year old girl who seeks out a sexual relationship with an older man and she's a victim. Not sure how that works...

In her own words:
“In the elevator, I just attacked him. I started trying to kiss him, and he goes ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa! There’s cameras!’ Not ‘You’re 15,’ and he points,” Radtke recalls. “So I just kind of went ‘Oh, okay, I’m sorry.’” Once they entered Ross’s apartment — which Radtke describes as “filthy with South Park stuff and The Man Show **** all over the place” — she alleges they instantly started making out. Then she performed oral sex on Ross and they had unprotected sex, after which Ross told Jessica she had to leave. “I’d felt like I won. I felt very Okay, cool — if I never saw him again, cool,” she recalls.
I read about this the other day and her father approved of their relationship. She should sue him too.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:01 am

"How old is 15 really?"

- Dave Chappelle (and I don't say it pejoratively, this was sort of backing Tony's point...this is pretty dicey, but I don't know if I get it...the girl "attacked" him, does this come to the surface if he doesn't get famous...? I guess that's not really the point, but I just don't like the optics of it all...really from either side...I don't know, this is tough...)

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 am

Well, the answer to that is really that strict liability offenses exist for a reason (to erase intent from the equation) and sexual relations with a minor are often strict liability offenses. It protects the minor, who has diminished reasoning skills (a 15 year old girl, right?) from an adult that is presumed to have a more rational mind.

That said, philosophically or even physiologically, I've said before and stand by the statement that Americans have the oldest children in the world and that 18 is an arbitrary number.

When you look at liability of a minor in other offenses the standard is often 'what is their behavior compared to reasonable actions for an individual of that age and peer group"; it's not a brightline. Under that doctrine I could see room for a hyper aggressive 'attacking' 15 year old to have a diminished claim to harm. I don't think it completely erases the culpability of the adult, though. (See: Minor in a bar with a fake ID)

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:21 am

That seems sensible. I was trying to get that type of idea across but don't have the words/knowledge...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:29 am

I know plenty of 30+ year olds that act like children.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:45 am

Right here!

(but I don't **** children, for the record...it's one of my few good qualities imo)

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:57 pm

"What do you want, a cookie?"

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:15 pm

If this was $25,000 Pyramid, my response would be: "Things a pedophile would say"

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:24 pm

I can't make these kind of jokes on account of the fact I own a plain white Ford van with no seats in the back...

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:24 pm

But is there a mattress?