I need a ruling on this

willeyeam

I need a ruling on this

Postby willeyeam » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Source of the post The meow household averages 1.3 loads of laundry per day.
The joys of not having children. I do a load every 7-10 days.
mrs meow does loads much more frequently

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

I need a ruling on this

Postby meow » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

dodint

I need a ruling on this

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:17 pm

I'm curious how the new clothes washers handle tables and booths in restaurants, arm rests in movie theaters, keypads at checkouts in stores, etc. Are you wiping down everything with bleach or...?
I was going to say I don't make a habit of dragging my ballsack and anus on restaurant booths but of course meow beat me to the scrotum and sphincter talk.

AuthorTony

I need a ruling on this

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:20 pm

I'm curious how the new clothes washers handle tables and booths in restaurants, arm rests in movie theaters, keypads at checkouts in stores, etc. Are you wiping down everything with bleach or...?
I was going to say I don't make a habit of dragging my ballsack and anus on restaurant booths but of course meow beat me to the scrotum and sphincter talk.
So you're more concerned with random Asian clothing factory worker germs on your ballsack and anus than white trash US germs on your fingers, hands, and forearms. Interesting.

dodint

I need a ruling on this

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:26 pm

There is no universe where you convince me that washing clothes is a bad idea there, Somerset.

shafnutz05

I need a ruling on this

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:26 pm

So you're more concerned with random Asian clothing factory worker germs on your ballsack and anus than white trash US germs on your fingers, hands, and forearms. Interesting.
Kung flu baby

tifosi77

I need a ruling on this

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:31 pm

What do all you guys do to the seats in your cars when you first buy them? Make purchase. Don't drive it home. Send it to Acme Seat Bleaching, Inc. get it back in four days?
I don't know what kind of slack-jawed two-bit operation you buy cars from, but here the People's Democratic Republic of California every car I've been involved with either purchasing or accepting as a fleet vehicle was detailed during the paperwork process.

mikey

I need a ruling on this

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Great. So you trust the people preparing the item and don't need to do any work on it yourself. Perfect.

tifosi77

I need a ruling on this

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:35 pm

I think this discussion has gone off the rails. I’m not a germaphob. I don’t wash new clothes because I’m afraid they have covid on them. I wash them because I have never bought a new item of clothing and thought “I can’t wait to put these new underwear right against my giant bean bag. I simply cannot wait. It must be done right here in the middle of K-Mart.” The meow household averages 1.3 loads of laundry per day. There is no need to ever not wash clothing before wearing it in most cases. It also claims ownership.
This is more or less where I net out. It's practice more than policy. I can usually wait til Saturday to wear [article], so I might as well just wash it.

Troy Loney

I need a ruling on this

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:29 pm

So, friday afternoon, I had to call the bank to get them to provide the car dealer with my auto loan payoff amount. First call, had to endure a not too annoying 10 minute hold time. The dealer asked that i get the bank to email the disclosure, but bank says, no, "only fax or mail", then I said, ok, fax it to the dealer. They said we don't have the number, you have to give us a fax number, i was just like, do you not have a directory?...yada yada yada, i had to call the dealer back to get a fax number, and then call the bank. Second time, much longer wait, the call auto-cut off twice due to no one being available. 30-45 minutes in I get a hold of someone. The 11.11.21 payment hadn't processed yet, so they were sending the incorrect payoff amount anyway. Obviously exasperated, I was just like, so I am going to have deal with your asses again next week? So, disconnected with a "**** it". Left an annoyed message with the dealer about the experience, but at this stage, they are able to contact the bank because I gave authorization, and she called, after also calling me complaining about how she couldn't get a person on the line. Then she called me back, saying she got it squared away with the right amount on the payoff quote, but also, apparently my name on the fax was "twinkle queen".

Do you just ignore that? Or escalate that nonsense?

DigitalGypsy66

I need a ruling on this

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:38 pm

LeopardLetang

I need a ruling on this

Postby LeopardLetang » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Oh I escalate. In an obfuscating way that won't directly force me to deal with them coming back at me

Troy Loney

I need a ruling on this

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Oh I escalate. In an obfuscating way that won't directly force me to deal with them coming back at me
This is where I am at as well. also because, this was documentation that the dealer is required to retain for the financing file.

Beveridge

I need a ruling on this

Postby Beveridge » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:55 am

@count2infinity @shafnutz05

Motion to change TL's user name to Twinkle Queen immediately.

Sam's Drunk Dog

I need a ruling on this

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:56 am

lol

Troy Loney

I need a ruling on this

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:58 am

It was a solid burn, just have to keep that **** internal

Beveridge

I need a ruling on this

Postby Beveridge » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:59 am

It was a solid burn, just have to keep that **** internal
I agree, but I was laughing hard reading your post.

blackjack68

I need a ruling on this

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:03 pm

So, friday afternoon, I had to call the bank to get them to provide the car dealer with my auto loan payoff amount. First call, had to endure a not too annoying 10 minute hold time. The dealer asked that i get the bank to email the disclosure, but bank says, no, "only fax or mail", then I said, ok, fax it to the dealer. They said we don't have the number, you have to give us a fax number, i was just like, do you not have a directory?...yada yada yada, i had to call the dealer back to get a fax number, and then call the bank. Second time, much longer wait, the call auto-cut off twice due to no one being available. 30-45 minutes in I get a hold of someone. The 11.11.21 payment hadn't processed yet, so they were sending the incorrect payoff amount anyway. Obviously exasperated, I was just like, so I am going to have deal with your asses again next week? So, disconnected with a "**** it". Left an annoyed message with the dealer about the experience, but at this stage, they are able to contact the bank because I gave authorization, and she called, after also calling me complaining about how she couldn't get a person on the line. Then she called me back, saying she got it squared away with the right amount on the payoff quote, but also, apparently my name on the fax was "twinkle queen".

Do you just ignore that? Or escalate that nonsense?
Burn it all down and leave nothing but dust!!!

Troy Loney

I need a ruling on this

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:24 am

So update on this, the payoff statement actually listed the sender as "Twinkle Queen". Maybe the dealer explained this correctly and I wasn't paying attention. But then, why the hell would I care what the bank rep signs off as? So, with that, I would not oppose the name change.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

I need a ruling on this

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:44 pm

Wednesday, November 3rd: front entry way was to be delivered and installed. Got a message from the guy who said “the door was bigger than I thought and I couldn’t fit it in my truck, I need to arrange to get it delivered.

Friday, November 5th: door gets delivered and I ask the guy when he’ll be able to install it. He says early next week.

Monday, November 8th: “hey, just looking for an update…”. “Wednesday afternoon work?” “Sure… see you then.”

Wednesday, November 10th: “hey, it’s 3 o’clock. Just seeing if you’re still coming today?”

Thursday, November 11th: “hi, sorry, my truck broke down. I’m getting it fixed either tomorrow or early next week.”

Tuesday, November 16th: “hello, can I get an update?”

Wednesday, November 17th: “looks like I’ll be able to do it on Friday…”

Friday, November 19th: “hello, just confirming for today…” “yes, we have a project we’re finishing up this morning, then we’ll be there. I’ll text you when we’re on our way.”

He no showed. It’s more than acceptable to ask the place to send someone else or cancel the install and get a refund and either do it myself or get someone else to do it, right?

dodint

I need a ruling on this

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:14 pm

Yes.

MWB

I need a ruling on this

Postby MWB » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:47 am

Definitely.

blackjack68

I need a ruling on this

Postby blackjack68 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:08 pm

No doubt

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

I need a ruling on this

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:14 am

Follow up...

After the no-show, I requested someone else to do the install. The head guy said he was under the impression that the door was already installed and that he'd get a different crew ready for me.

Got a text this morning from the guy who was to do the install saying that he's waiting on a negative covid test since one of the people that lives in his house is currently hospitalized with covid. He said "If I get the negative results back today, I can come up tomorrow to do the install". I didn't respond. Followed up with the head guy and said essentially that I didn't feel comfortable allowing this person to do any work on my home.

Luckily he said he understands, and he'll have a different crew up to do the install. I'm on the books for early next week. Hopefully that's the end of it and they come and do the installation.

LeopardLetang

I need a ruling on this

Postby LeopardLetang » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:20 am

Wow you showed some incredible patience. Sounds like you'll be set now though