I need a ruling on this

blackjack68

I need a ruling on this

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:24 pm

You can sous vide anything, provided you have a container and cooking vessel large enough.
Can you sous vide me, Greg?

tifosi77

I need a ruling on this

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:56 pm

There are people in the Cook With Joule FB group that have posted pictures of them using Joule to heat kitchen sink water to bathe their kids. So..... yes?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

I need a ruling on this

Postby meow » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:20 pm

These people need stopped.

MrKennethTKangaroo

I need a ruling on this

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:32 pm

There are people in the Cook With Joule FB group that have posted pictures of them using Joule to heat kitchen sink water to bathe their kids. So..... yes?
Kids sous vide? Ultimate Dodint trigger warning?

dodint

I need a ruling on this

Postby dodint » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:33 pm

I generally encourage the boiling of children.

shmenguin

I need a ruling on this

Postby shmenguin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:35 pm

You can sous vide anything, provided you have a container and cooking vessel large enough.
I have nipples, Gregg. Can you sous vide me?

tifosi77

I need a ruling on this

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:31 am

Shmengy: Bad take maker, and blackjack joke copycattist.

blackjack68

I need a ruling on this

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Shmengy: Bad take maker, and blackjack joke copycattist.
Thank you for noticing.

shmenguin

I need a ruling on this

Postby shmenguin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:59 pm

If a songwriter or the creator of a tv show or film say that all interpretations of their work are correct because it is up to the consumer to determine the meaning.

annoying cop out or not?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

I need a ruling on this

Postby meow » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Example, please

Willie Kool

I need a ruling on this

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Kind of what art is all about...

That said, I do like to know how the artist interprets his art.

Silentom

I need a ruling on this

Postby Silentom » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Derivative

tifosi77

I need a ruling on this

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:11 pm

That's legit. I hate to always lean on the Foo switch, but I recently saw an interview with Dave Grohl where he said something along the lines of, "The biggest thrill of performing is seeing and hearing all the fans singing back. Not because it's an ego stroke, but because each and every one of those people is singing along for a different reason. They have their own connection, and the song has its own meaning just for them."

Also, I agree with WK's take on this. It's nice knowing Sgt Pepper came from a conceit of the band pretending to be literally any other band in the world, giving themselves creative freedom, but that's not why it's my favorite album.

columbia

I need a ruling on this

Postby columbia » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 pm

If a songwriter or the creator of a tv show or film say that all interpretations of their work are correct because it is up to the consumer to determine the meaning.

annoying cop out or not?
What is the source of this question?

shmenguin

I need a ruling on this

Postby shmenguin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Example, please
There’s this bizarre series of YouTube videos called Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared. I think it might be the best piece of content I’ve ever seen. It’s supremely thoughtful and detail oriented and gross and weird. But also ambiguous and cryptic. The creators haven’t given anything away in interviews except, “We have read a lot of theories online about what it all means and they are all correct.” Horsepoop. They aren’t all correct. You’re telling a very specific story. The nature of the show is that every little thing has meaning. Music gets a little more of an allowance, but film, tv, etc... I don’t appreciate this type of explanation.

tifosi77

I need a ruling on this

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Where did you stand on the Breaking Bad finale, specifically the 'dream' theory?

shmenguin

I need a ruling on this

Postby shmenguin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Where did you stand on the Breaking Bad finale, specifically the 'dream' theory?
I wish it was true, since Walt didn’t deserve a hero’s ending. But I don’t think it is now that some time has passed. I forget if gilligan played cute with his explanations or not. I think he said it 100% was real.

tifosi77

I need a ruling on this

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 pm

Yes he did say it happened as written and portrayed, no cute stuff.

So you have your own version of the story. :wink:

shmenguin

I need a ruling on this

Postby shmenguin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Yes he did say it happened as written and portrayed, no cute stuff.

So you have your own version of the story. :wink:
Mmmm hmmmm...I have a criticism. I have nothing else.

slappybrown

I need a ruling on this

Postby slappybrown » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Example, please
There’s this bizarre series of YouTube videos called Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared. I think it might be the best piece of content I’ve ever seen. It’s supremely thoughtful and detail oriented and gross and weird. But also ambiguous and cryptic. The creators haven’t given anything away in interviews except, “We have read a lot of theories online about what it all means and they are all correct.” Horsepoop. They aren’t all correct. You’re telling a very specific story. The nature of the show is that every little thing has meaning. Music gets a little more of an allowance, but film, tv, etc... I don’t appreciate this type of explanation.
Every time you reference this show I get the heebie jeebies

columbia

I need a ruling on this

Postby columbia » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Example, please
As a father?

AuthorTony

I need a ruling on this

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 pm

I like the theory that Walt wasn't actually shot (he was too low) and just caught some shrapnel and that wasn't a fatal wound, he just passed out. Then he can rot in jail until he dies.

slappybrown

I need a ruling on this

Postby slappybrown » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Example, please
As a father?
As a human

shmenguin

I need a ruling on this

Postby shmenguin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:10 pm

Example, please
You act like you’ve never seen an anthropomorphic duck get eaten by his best friend while filming a corrupted children’s show before. Unclutch those pearls, sally.

shmenguin

I need a ruling on this

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Shoveling snow...the job is to get the cars out, make sure the family doesn’t slip/isn’t covered in snow and carve out a path for people on the sidewalk. It’s not a beauty contest.

So my question to 5AF is if you take pride in your shoveling and make it look nice or you just go minimally functional.