I need a ruling on this

MrKennethTKangaroo

I need a ruling on this

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:43 pm

I feel like you would eventually get free delivery. But that would take a lot of effort and a lot of phone calls for something you really aren't entitled to. I'd just pay.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

I need a ruling on this

Postby meow » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:45 pm

That’s true

dodint

I need a ruling on this

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:46 pm

Prudent.

As a consumer protection attorney lets burn the place down.

willeyeam

I need a ruling on this

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:44 pm

i'd just be stubborn out of principle and tell them i'm not paying then pay for it and delivery from someone else

AuthorTony

I need a ruling on this

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I should just not be lazy and take all of the crap out of my Jeep and pick up the chair myself, but I am lazy so...
If they ask again, I'll just pay it.

DigitalGypsy66

I need a ruling on this

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:05 am

So I routinely see an dadhole driver on my commute to work each morning. The area where we live is rapidly growing. The roadnet is not designed for hundreds of new homes and thousands of drivers all heading to work in the same direction etc.

There is this VW Toureg driver - with a Blue Lives Matter sticker, of course - that routinely passes on a double yellow and speeds +25 miles over the speed limit. He's passed me on double yellow, as I was going 10 over on a very bad back road, at least 3 times in the last couple of months. This morning he decides to block a lane of traffic while attempting at left turn into my lane (where left turns are not permitted). I attempted to keep him from joining the lane, but he cut me off nearly hitting me. I laid on my horn, and he brake checked me.

If I see this behavior again, do I call it in to the highway patrol? Just say he's driving drunk or something? Or is that not a good idea? I'm willing to bet he's law enforcement, which seems right with his sense of entitlement.

robbiestoupe

I need a ruling on this

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:07 am

So I routinely see an dadhole driver on my commute to work each morning. The area where we live is rapidly growing. The roadnet is not designed for hundreds of new homes and thousands of drivers all heading to work in the same direction etc.

There is this VW Toureg driver - with a Blue Lives Matter sticker, of course - that routinely passes on a double yellow and speeds +25 miles over the speed limit. He's passed me on double yellow, as I was going 10 over on a very bad back road, at least 3 times in the last couple of months. This morning he decides to block a lane of traffic while attempting at left turn into my lane (where left turns are not permitted). I attempted to keep him from joining the lane, but he cut me off nearly hitting me. I laid on my horn, and he brake checked me.

If I see this behavior again, do I call it in to the highway patrol? Just say he's driving drunk or something? Or is that not a good idea? I'm willing to bet he's law enforcement, which seems right with his sense of entitlement.
99% chance this guy is a cop

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

I need a ruling on this

Postby count2infinity » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:50 am

I'd report it somehow... only a matter of time before he causes an accident. I don't know the proper channels to do so though.

shafnutz05

I need a ruling on this

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:30 am

This came up in this area too--the local radio host encountered a similarly aggressive, insane driver at least twice a week driving down the Northeast Extension. When he called the state police with his license plate number, etc., they said they can't do anything unless they actually see him doing it.

robbiestoupe

I need a ruling on this

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:36 am

This came up in this area too--the local radio host encountered a similarly aggressive, insane driver at least twice a week driving down the Northeast Extension. When he called the state police with his license plate number, etc., they said they can't do anything unless they actually see him doing it.
eh, not actually true (police can't do anything about it).

We were driving home one evening and saw a guy pull out of a bar and immediately start swerving everywhere. Crossed into the opposite lane, drove off the side of the road and almost hit a parked car. The car turned off, but at our next turn we saw a cop sitting in a gravel parking lot. We pulled in, told him the make of the car and where he was going, and he put his lights on and went after the guy.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

I need a ruling on this

Postby count2infinity » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:39 am

A buddy of mine from high school had a habit of poor/aggressive driving. Someone called the cops on him, and they went to the reported area and just sat and waited. They then caught him doing the aggressive driving and pulled him over. I think if it's a one off, they can't do much, but if it's systemic, they can probably go and sit and wait.

shafnutz05

I need a ruling on this

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:40 am

Yeah, I think it's different if it's in the moment (versus reporting later)

robbiestoupe

I need a ruling on this

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:42 am

But what c2i said is true too. If you report something that systemic, they can (and should) do something about it.

CBear3

I need a ruling on this

Postby CBear3 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:27 pm

Don't bother, they'll nab you for your 10mph over instead of him.

tifosi77

I need a ruling on this

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:12 pm

It sucks, but I wouldn't call this in if you're reasonably sure it's a cop unless you have a dashcam. (Honestly, unless you think you can get police there on the quick while he's actively dickbagging, I don't know if I'd bother without the dashcam either way) Then follow up the police report with a timely delivery of the video to the local TV news. (Just like in "Blue Thunder")

meow

I need a ruling on this

Postby meow » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:43 pm

Be a man about it and run him off the road

Orlando Penguin

I need a ruling on this

Postby Orlando Penguin » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:06 am

If NASCAR rules were in effect, I’d lead the league in spinouts.

If I were a police officer in a marked car, I’d lead the league in tickets with all the BS I see on the roads.

DigitalGypsy66

I need a ruling on this

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:08 am

Coming back from my son's basketball game at about 8 last night, this guy passed me at about 15 over the speed limit. It was a dotted line, so he's good there. That's actually an improvement over his morning behavior. Probably had his wife and kids in the car.

dodint

I need a ruling on this

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:11 am

I have a pact with spiders and other bugs. If you're in the house, you're dead. If you're outside, I can abide.

A spider has placed a sac of eggs on the exterior of my bathroom window. It's outside. However; I have to assume when they hatch they're going to climb the structure and eventually get inside.

Do I preempt this and get rid of the sack now? Does that break the pact?

mikey

I need a ruling on this

Postby mikey » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:15 am

Bring the sac inside, then abort them.

faftorial

I need a ruling on this

Postby faftorial » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:16 am

I have a pact with spiders and other bugs. If you're in the house, you're dead. If you're outside, I can abide.

A spider has placed a sac of eggs on the exterior of my bathroom window. It's outside. However; I have to assume when they hatch they're going to climb the structure and eventually get inside.

Kill it with fire.

shafnutz05

I need a ruling on this

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:16 am

:lol:

I just had this internal struggle last week. I moved the egg sac to our garden.

meow

I need a ruling on this

Postby meow » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:21 am

I don’t kill spiders.

dodint

I need a ruling on this

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:25 am

I like spiders. They eat other stuff. But in the house is off-limits.
Bring the sac inside, then abort them.
Legit :lol: Don't tell Texas.

count2infinity

I need a ruling on this

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:37 am

Yeah... I'd just move the sack somewhere else.