Investing, Stock Market and Retirement Planning Thread

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:28 am

All of my ARKs are down right now, and I blame DD.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:35 am

I blame me too. They’ve sucked for me.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:37 am

Just hold them until you're ready to trade your dicks in for tapioca pudding...stop being mimbies about it...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:38 am

Everything is down right now... everything.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:44 am

Sold my OCGN stock and invested it in pennies... Psychedelics, Solar, and Bees. Let those ride for a year or two and see what happens.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:52 am

Put it in...TSLA...not kidding...
"put money you want to be retirement savings into a highly volatile stock"

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:53 am

Do you intentionally not get how this works or...?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:54 am

lol

if only we listened to mikey we would all be millionaires by now
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 am

TSLA is basically guaranteed to produce gains over the long run.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:57 am

and not for retirement, so...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:57 am

fwiw I'm looking at TD Ameritrade's different analyst reports for TSLA and of the 7 reports, 4 are saying to reduce/avoid and 3 are saying to hold (none of the 7 are "buy")

I think you guys are buying into the hype a little too much

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:59 am

MIMH, not picking on you really, you seem like a decent guy legitimately, but you've been on an island of what-the-f***ery for the last little while now...I'm not saying fall in line, as I'm a pretty unorthodox person in my own right, but you're really swimming upstream on some fairly obvious things...

I'm up 30 or 40% with my retirement savings in the last six months or so by doing all the dumb **** I'm doing and coaxing others to do...if you're doing better than that, post it! haha

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 am

based on what MWB was saying it seemed like he wanted it to be towards retirement

I mean, retirement savings don't have to all be basic index funds. Obviously you can put some in stonk, especially a volatile one like TSLA, but understand the risks of doing so and make sure you diversify

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 am

I mean, not to play the nazi-stage card...but it's the mainstreamers that missed out on TSLA and now are scrambling to save face (or opting not to)...they're poor. They're getting their balls used as a speedbag by people who like gamestop right now, they have their own battle to fight...

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:01 am

I'm just excited that I bought stock in mother f*ckin bees...

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:06 am

based on what MWB was saying it seemed like he wanted it to be towards retirement

I mean, retirement savings don't have to all be basic index funds. Obviously you can put some in stonk, especially a volatile one like TSLA, but understand the risks of doing so and make sure you diversify
no, this is what he said
I’d kind of like to have some of that money be more liquid, but also don’t just want it sitting in a savings account. Any advice?
Personally I wouldn't put 30-40g's in TSLA, but put 10% in there and the rest in an index or similar. Like somebody mentioned, keep it there for at least a year so you're not taxed as income, but capital gains.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:18 am

no, this is what he said
I’d kind of like to have some of that money be more liquid, but also don’t just want it sitting in a savings account. Any advice?
Personally I wouldn't put 30-40g's in TSLA, but put 10% in there and the rest in an index or similar. Like somebody mentioned, keep it there for at least a year so you're not taxed as income, but capital gains.
oh yeah, I agree with that. Having retirement savings be only index funds is a major bonerkill

maybe I was misinterpreting mikey but he seemed to suggest throwing it all on TSLA potentially
MIMH, not picking on you really, you seem like a decent guy legitimately, but you've been on an island of what-the-f***ery for the last little while now...I'm not saying fall in line, as I'm a pretty unorthodox person in my own right, but you're really swimming upstream on some fairly obvious things...

I'm up 30 or 40% with my retirement savings in the last six months or so by doing all the dumb **** I'm doing and coaxing others to do...if you're doing better than that, post it! haha
lol all good. my issue with TSLA right now is that I feel like it's in the same place GME was at when GME was at $450. To be fair, TSLA is infinitely more viable long term than GME is but I think you're buying it at a premium at the moment. It's up on hype rather than, dare I say it, fundamentals

I do think it'll appreciate long term but I think TSLA is still trying to find its long term equilibrium point. I personally think TSLA is gonna drop over the next 6-12 months before starting a long term uptrend similar to an AAPL

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:23 am

Source of the post lol all good. my issue with TSLA right now is that I feel like it's in the same place GME was at when GME was at $450. To be fair, TSLA is infinitely more viable long term than GME is but I think you're buying it at a premium. It's up on hype rather than, dare I say it, fundamentals

I do think it'll appreciate long term but I think TSLA is still trying to find its long term equilibrium point. I personally think TSLA is gonna drop over the next 6-12 months before starting a long term uptrend similar to an AAPL
Kinda agree here. If I had the cash I do now 2 years ago, I'd be swimming in TSLA stonks. Just had too many other priorities to really throw money into it back then, even though I was itching to do so.

If they continue to corner the market and other automakers struggle to get their vehicles on the road, their stock will take off again. Especially if/when they start to optimize their battery, decrease the charge time, and increase charging stations across the US. That stuff takes time, but they will get there.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:29 am

I have a more diversified portfolio than "all" anything...I'd never recommend that to anyone...

TSLA and GME have nothing in common. As you note, "TSLA is infinitely more viable long term"; "...it'll appreciate long term"

Yup. And it is fairly volatile right now, just ARKs are down right now...there's an ebb and flow to this kind of thing...the choices seemed to be: not making money by putting in it a CD or making money in the medium- to -long-term...I chose the latter on his behalf...and would be happy to offer more ETFs and what not along those same lines that I put my money in if he seriously wants to pursue it...

While TSLA is trying to find its point, it's growth potential remains extremely high...it's a great aggressive growth stock in an industry that hasn't even yet been tapped into...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:30 am

to mikey's point though, you gotta be aggressive and get on the train too early rather than too late if you want max gainz. maybe I'm dead wrong and TSLA is going to explode tomorrow.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:31 am

I'm just excited that I bought stock in mother f*ckin bees...
Sorry, I was interested in this but got swept in someone's dress blowing up and exposing a knee...I'd like to hear about this bee stock...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:32 am

Source of the post if you're doing better than that, post it! haha

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:35 am

Is that your personal maneuvering...? And are we talking about some legit money...? If so, ****** rights, man...that's great. I wish I could check my last 12 months, but the transfer to TD lost my original trade prices on things... ((((((((((((

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:36 am

Just hold them until you're ready to trade your dicks in for tapioca pudding...stop being mimbies about it...
If I can’t get instant gratification then I don’t want it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:37 am

Yes and yes... and it's also why I've scaled back a bit for now, because I feel as though I could get dragged into making riskier moves and losing a lot of it. If I were in your shoes, most of that money would still be in play for sure.